Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I predict 95 wins

I predict 95 wins

Looking over the Reds remaining schedule, I think 95 or 96 wins is very possible or maybe even probable. Hope it's enough to take the NL Central. How many do you think they'll win?
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I predict 95 wins

I say they win 11 of 19 and finish with 92 wins. Hopefully that is conservative.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I don't know how many we finish with, just that if we win 2 outa 3 from here on out we WILL win the division!

I really think we need the Pirates to win today (especially if the Dodgers take the final game), the Reds need to sweep at least one of the Cubs/Mets series at home and win 2 of 3 in all their road series then beat the Pirates 2 of 3 in both the home and road games.

I really believe in these guys - and that they will leave everything they have out there on the diamond. They can feel the end drawing near now. After 143 games and months of grueling baseball the last handful of games are here and they are right in thick of it. I don't care that they are pros - they HAVE to feel that too. Statistically every game from the opener to the end counts the same but emotionally and sensationally they sure don't. I can't wait to experience what these guys are going to bring these last three weeks! Hot damn! THIS is what baseball is all about - this is the crux of the whole 'love of baseball' thing....your team in the thick of a hotly contested razor close pennant race in the final weeks of September! Take your beer, or your blood pressure meds and if you can't get to the Park, park in front of your TV! I've been watching 3-4 games every day for a week now. Reds, Cards, Bucs, Snakes, Nats. Not getting a lot else done....

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-08-2013),TSJ55 (09-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I really think we need the Pirates to win today (especially if the Dodgers take the final game), the Reds need to sweep at least one of the Cubs/Mets series at home and win 2 of 3 in all their road series then beat the Pirates 2 of 3 in both the home and road games.

I really believe in these guys - and that they will leave everything they have out there on the diamond. They can feel the end drawing near now. After 143 games and months of grueling baseball the last handful of games are here and they are right in thick of it. I don't care that they are pros - they HAVE to feel that too. Statistically every game from the opener to the end counts the same but emotionally and sensationally they sure don't. I can't wait to experience what these guys are going to bring these last three weeks! Hot damn! THIS is what baseball is all about - this is the crux of the whole 'love of baseball' thing....your team in the thick of a hotly contested razor close pennant race in the final weeks of September! Take your beer, or your blood pressure meds and if you can't get to the Park, park in front of your TV! I've been watching 3-4 games every day for a week now. Reds, Cards, Bucs, Snakes, Nats. Not getting a lot else done....
    Great post! Games like yesterday are what makes Fall baseball so dramatic. When it was tied 3-3 in the 9th and 10th I was holding my breath on every pitch the Reds threw to L.A Every game, every inning, every pitch is so important right now.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

8. Likes:

TSJ55 (09-08-2013)

Predicted 95 before the season. If they could hit that with the Ludwick, Cueto, Marshall and Broxton injuries, I'd say it's quite an accomplishment.

This team has the talent. Many of their losses have been their own doing with poor baserunning, poor throws and other mental errors. If that rights itself down the stretch, they are as good as any team.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

It'll probably take 95 or 96 to win the division. Here's hoping we end up with 95 and that's enough.

Noone would have predicted a sweep of LA like we just pulled off. With that hindsight, maybe we can bump up the projection for the Reds to 97 wins?
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Noone would have predicted a sweep of LA like we just pulled off. With that hindsight, maybe we can bump up the projection for the Reds to 97 wins?
    We'd have to go 15-3 to reach 97 wins. I don't see it happening, but I suppose it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsLvr View Post
    We'd have to go 15-3 to reach 97 wins. I don't see it happening, but I suppose it could happen.
    I agree. 13-5 for 95 wins is quite a good record. I'll be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I agree. 13-5 for 95 wins is quite a good record. I'll be happy with that.
    with who we have left on the schedule that is within reach. we just need to keep playing good baseball.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

15. Likes:

RedlegJake (09-09-2013)

The Reds have a shot, but man, the Cards remaining schedule is a piece of cake.

18-0 from here on out and 100 wins.

I'm kidding, obviously. In all seriousness...would that be the most amazing streak in baseball history given the time? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Looking over the Reds remaining schedule, I think 95 or 96 wins is very possible or maybe even probable. Hope it's enough to take the NL Central. How many do you think they'll win?
    I'll take some of that action. I think we will hit 90 if we are lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    I'll take some of that action. I think we will hit 90 if we are lucky.

20. Likes:

LexRedsFan (09-09-2013)

Turn Off Ads?