Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

I haven't worn short pants since I was in grade school. I've had very long hair since I was 12, and have had a full beard since I was 22. I spend my summers outside most of the time. I don't have issues with over heating. the irony being that just about anything over 65 degrees I find sweltering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    It looks sexist to me. Men can't expose undergarments but women can?
    I would wager it never crossed their minds.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I am mostly on board, but man, it is just too hot in Cincinnati in the summer to not wear shorts. In my defense, I put it off as long as I possibly can.
    Man, there is no way I could not wear shorts here in NC during the summer. Honestly, I hate wearing long pants at any point if I can comfortably wear shorts.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

4. Likes:

M2 (03-26-2014)

I'm so anti-shorts that I wear pants when I swim.

6. Likes:

pahster (03-26-2014),Rojo (03-26-2014),thatcoolguy_22 (03-28-2014),wlf WV (03-31-2014)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Man, there is no way I could not wear shorts here in NC during the summer. Honestly, I hate wearing long pants at any point if I can comfortably wear shorts.
    I only recently got a car with AC too, before that I tried to avoid wearing them, but driving around in the summer heat here in a car with no AC is just a deal breaker.

Color me confused, but we're saying this is the world's lamest ballpark village because a few of the restaurants/bars have a dress code after 9pm on non-game nights?

Or is it the world's lamest because it's in St. Louis 30 yards from Busch Stadium?

Or is it because Deadspin said it was lame - and Deadspin is the authority on that subject?

9. Likes:

Always Red (03-26-2014),KronoRed (03-30-2014)

No AC is def a deal breaker. I burned my legs badly when I was a kid, so they don't sweat/cool off on their own now. I hate summer days I have to wear pants to work. Hate.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

They call me "chef"

Bank robber to police: "You're the bank robbers. You're the one obsessed with the bank's missing money."

Man to old lady he just punched: "You're the old lady puncher. You're the one grabbing your arm and saying ow."

Dude to person who points out examples of racism: "You're the racist. You're the one obsessed with race."

12. Likes:

OGB (03-27-2014),pahster (03-26-2014),RedTeamGo! (03-26-2014),Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Color me confused, but we're saying this is the world's lamest ballpark village because a few of the restaurants/bars have a dress code after 9pm on non-game nights?

Or is it the world's lamest because it's in St. Louis 30 yards from Busch Stadium?

Or is it because Deadspin said it was lame - and Deadspin is the authority on that subject?
    Wait, this only applies on non-game nights? So I could go watch the Reds play then go into one of these bars and show people my underwear as long as it's a game night?

Wonderful Monds isn't racist (or any variation of that) for acknowledging that there are clothing styles that are typically associated with "urban" or "hip-hop" culture (which is in turn associated with African American culture). If you really think Monds is just making this stuff up, here's a whole Wikipedia article on some of the trends and styles associated with this genre of fashion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_fashion

The implication of "racism" here, whether you agree or not, is that this sort of fashion is most associated with African American culture. So while yes, you could argue that "the element" that is being discouraged here is this particular style, which could be worn by any person of any color... These sort of dress codes disproportionately affect those who are most associated with the urban look.

I'm not making a case out of this... the bar/restaurant owners can do whatever they want in their establishments, as they will ultimately sleep in the bed they made. But this is far from the first time these sorts of dress codes have been called into question, so let's take an edge off some of the hostility: See for yourself!

15. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-26-2014),membengal (03-27-2014),OGB (03-27-2014),pahster (03-26-2014),Rojo (03-26-2014),Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post

I think the whole dress code thing is just some weak stuff period. It reminds me of being in middle school.

And really, they label it themselves a "sports anchored entertainment district", but no jerseys or hats? lol.

Wait, this only applies on non-game nights? So I could go watch the Reds play then go into one of these bars and show people my underwear as long as it's a game night?
    I think you're allowed to wear jerseys on game night is the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    "excessively long shirts"

come on na.

- - - Updated - - -

"excessively long shirts"
    I don't follow your point. Sleeveless shirts I'm picturing either the sleeveless plaid flannel look or the wife beater tank top. Please understand I do get most of them are "young black males" fashion, but sleeveless shirts are mostly redneck.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

19. Likes:

Always Red (03-26-2014)

I'm so anti-shorts that I wear pants when I swim.
    I'm actually a never-nude.

21. Likes:

Chip R (03-26-2014),pahster (03-26-2014),Raisor (03-26-2014),Yachtzee (03-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think you're allowed to wear jerseys on game night is the idea.
    What if I made some sort of jersey/underwear onesie?

What if I made some sort of jersey/underwear onesie?
    You would then be required to wear a jacket at all times.

Turn Off Ads?