Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Masters

Re: The Masters

This has been unbelievable. But I think Perry's birdie on 12 should cinch things up.

Phil could have done something that would have been talked about for generations to come. He missed 2 three footers that probably kept it from happening. Ironic, isn't it. all the great shots, shotting at the stick and nailing it could all be for not because of putts inside 4 feet.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Ouch. Bogey for Tiger. That about takes care of him, and now Phil can't putt....he misses another close range putt

Perry blows a two shot lead with two to play and we have a three way playoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

What awful golf down the stretch from these guys. No one really deserves to win this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    What awful golf down the stretch from these guys. No one really deserves to win this thing.
    That's what playing to win the Masters does to a guy, I guess. Amazing that Cabrera ends up winning after that tee shot on the first playoff hole.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Angel Cabrera has a great style that I like Just walk up and swing! I don't think anybody could ever accuse him of slow play.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Mattice vs Weir all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I think Cabrera wins. I would like to see Perry win, but I don't think his chipping will do him any good today. He's a bad chipper and that will cost him today.
    Unfortunately, for Perry, I was right. He chipped it over the green on 17 and made bogey. And then chipped it way by on 18 and 10 in the playoff. Tough chips, but you could clearly see it was his weakness. It didn't come out until the end because he hit almost every green, but when his ball striking was off his short game cost him the win. Sad. I would've really liked to have seen him win.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Angel Cabrera has a great style that I like Just walk up and swing! I don't think anybody could ever accuse him of slow play.
    The most time he took to execute a shot all day was his 2nd shot on the 1st playoff hole.

An aamazing Sunday watching the Masters, but I do feel a little let down in the end. I hate seeing these things lost rather than won.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Unfortunately, for Perry, I was right. He chipped it over the green on 17 and made bogey. And then chipped it way by on 18 and 10 in the playoff. Tough chips, but you could clearly see it was his weakness. It didn't come out until the end because he hit almost every green, but when his ball striking was off his short game cost him the win. Sad. I would've really liked to have seen him win.
    I was really pulling for Perry. I hope his career is not remembered for the 96 PGA and 09 Masters. He deserves to win a major. He will have another shot at the PGA. I feel his game is not set up for the US Open or the British. He does not hit enough fareways for the US Open, and his chipping is not good enough for the British.

If you remember in 96, he was asked to come up to the booth after his round at Valhalla. He stayed way to long and should of been at the range. He said as much, after the fact.

A 2 shot lead with 2 to play....God that's hard to swallow. I really feel for him. I hope he shakes it off. You can make a good argument that he has been the most consistant golfer in the world the last 12 months.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I thought it was great entertainment as usual. Too bad for Perry, he seems like a good guy and probably did deserve to win, nerves must have got to him on the last two holes (regulation). Absolutely crazy that Cabrera won this after that opening drive in the playoffs.

Perry's demeanor was pretty consistent all day long. He was calm and didn't seem too caught up in the moment. The first time I noticed it had changed was when he hit that unbelievable shot on #16 and just started walking and watching it. I think that's the moment when HE thought he'd won The Masters. I could be reading too much into it, but something about the look on his face after he hit that shot was different. It was the look of satifaction. He thought that was it. Heck, I even thought that was it. When he stuck that shot, I thought it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Perry's demeanor was pretty consistent all day long. He was calm and didn't seem too caught up in the moment. The first time I noticed it had changed was when he hit that unbelievable shot on #16 and just started walking and watching it. I think that's the moment when HE thought he'd won The Masters. I could be reading too much into it, but something about the look on his face after he hit that shot was different. It was the look of satifaction. He thought that was it. Heck, I even thought that was it. When he stuck that shot, I thought it was over.
    I thought it was over too. As soon as I picked my jaw off the floor after that shot, I thought that this is a shot that CBS will show time and again like Nicklaus's shot on 16 in 1986.

That hole (and that pin position specifically) lends itself to iconic moments on Sunday. This should have been another one. It's too bad that Kenny couldn't seal the deal. I was pulling for him all week.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I was really pulling for Perry. I hope his career is not remembered for the 96 PGA and 09 Masters. He deserves to win a major. He will have another shot at the PGA. I feel his game is not set up for the US Open or the British. He does not hit enough fareways for the US Open, and his chipping is not good enough for the British.

If you remember in 96, he was asked to come up to the booth after his round at Valhalla. He stayed way to long and should of been at the range. He said as much, after the fact.

A 2 shot lead with 2 to play....God that's hard to swallow. I really feel for him. I hope he shakes it off. You can make a good argument that he has been the most consistant golfer in the world the last 12 months.
    IIRC, Kenny Perry's actually not gone to a couple British Opens in years past due to the fact he knows his game isn't suited for those courses or conditions.

Turn Off Ads?