Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Re: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    He's the only starter who has pitched well against them this season.
    there is a guy in the reds rotation, his name is latos.

he´s our best pitcher (in my opinion), has a good year and even a better year against the cardinals

1.42 era against the cardinals this season (they hit .230 against him) not that bad

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pedro is the worst pitcher I've seen in the majors this year. Not just with the Reds, but in all of MLB.

4. Likes:

joshua (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    there is a guy in the reds rotation, his name is latos.

he´s our best pitcher (in my opinion), has a good year and even a better year against the cardinals

1.42 era against the cardinals this season (they hit .230 against him) not that bad
    He's a six inning pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    It was a serious question: Are you a Cardinals fan? I wasn't being sarcastic.
    I grew up in a family with divided loyalties. I color myself a baseball fan, however the Cards being one of the inherited teams, and the Reds the other. These series kill me because I love seeing these two NL Central teams succeeding....and it hurts to see either of them struggling.

This series has pretty well put paid to any hope of the division, or even second place. So I guess it's seven more weeks of trying to keep our noses in front of Arizona.

Not exactly what we expected, is it?

8. Likes:

joshua (08-04-2013)

"I'm going with 88-74 and 2nd place behind STL. As with many games last year, our offense will be MIA, with the biggest non-factor being Ludwick......opponents will pitch around Votto all year, giving him the most walks in MLB. He will get frustrated later in the season and his average will fall to around .285-.290, having to swing at bad balls to try to get a hit. Now if Jocketty has the guts to pull a trade early enough in the season, like Bailey, Corcino, and Lutz to Minnesota for Willingham, or the same 3 to Miami for Stanton (preferred), we will win the division and go deep in the postseason.
    If not, it will be a frustrating year with Dusty getting the boot."

I posted this on March 28 in the wins prediction thread. Myself , along with many other members of RZ saw this team had problems. How could Walt and the front office not see them. Did they just want to climb in their holes and hope everything would turn out ok. This team is a ways away from being a championship caliber team. It's going to take a major overhaul to get it where it needs to be. And we don't have the $$ or the players in the minors to do it. The window is closing already. I am very frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Pedro is the worst pitcher I've seen in the majors this year. Not just with the Reds, but in all of MLB.
    Agreed, but he's serving his purpose. 4 pitchers on the DL. No depth left to turn to.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    He's a six inning pitcher.
    and what is cingrani? it feels like every start, he has 50 pitches after the first 2 innings

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    OF play was less than desirable, but pitching was the problem today, along with on-going offensive lethargy. Leake is effective because he gets ground balls by the bushel. When he doesn't, they are usually hard hit and some leave the park. Happened today.

Ondrusek is always bad. Bringing him in is the baseball version of waving the white flag.
    Thank You.....

Leake was not good, his teammates joined him in this debacle.

Just a complete crappy, uninspired performance in front of a sellout at home against your rival.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Pen and Partch got used up Friday. Afterwards Partch was sent down and an arm brought up to eat innings in a blow-out like this one. The team knew that Broxton was likely back on Tuesday after the off day on Monday and Partch was going down anyway. They made the move to add a fresh arm so that guys like Lecure or Hoover wouldn't need to pitch in a game like today.

Too bad they don't have anybody better, but that's how it went.
    I hate the "40-man roster" excuse nonsense though. Are they really concerned with losing Pedro Villarreal off waivers? How about bring up someone who is actually an MLB-caliber pitcher, like Armando Galarraga. I don't care that he's a starter, at least he's a legit pitcher.

It's just lazy by the Reds. "Oh, Villarreal is on the 40-man roster, let's call him up!" Who cares if he's on the 40-man? Take him off the 40-man if you need to. He's not good and the Reds shouldn't care if another team claims him (which I can't imagine would happen since Villarreal can't even get AAA hitters out).

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'm telling you, performances like this push Dusty closer and closer to walking the plank. If not now, then the postseason.

This team was supposed to be a Ferrari, but it's turned into a Chevette pretty quickly.
    No cleanup hitter and starting LF all season
    Ace starter out a majority of season
    Two of three top bullpen guys have missed a huge part of the season
    Your Ferrari has flat tires

Phillip Ervin 3-3 so far today. Two singles. A double. A run scored and one driven in. Hitting .368. Something positive.

16. Likes:

LexRedsFan (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I hate the "40-man roster" excuse nonsense though. Are they really concerned with losing Pedro Villarreal off waivers? How about bring up someone who is actually an MLB-caliber pitcher, like Armando Galarraga. I don't care that he's a starter, at least he's a legit pitcher.

It's just lazy by the Reds. "Oh, Villarreal is on the 40-man roster, let's call him up!" Who cares if he's on the 40-man? Take him off the 40-man if you need to. He's not good and the Reds shouldn't care if another team claims him (which I can't imagine would happen since Villarreal can't even get AAA hitters out).

We would have to trade for Galaragga. Since he doesn't play for us.

EMAW

And again, Dusty gets the blame because the front office has made zero trades to help this team. Lots of injuries and some weak minor league help outside of Cingrani, where is the anti Walt crowd?

The pitching was great on the coast. Team didn't hit. Those are the games you have to win, when your pitching is great.

Now there have been a couple bad pitching games. Not really surprising, and even better offenses wouldn't win them.

Have to capitalize when pitching is going well.

Villareal is on the forty man roster, so he is a natural mop up pitcher for a few days. His job is to just pitch some innings in lopsided games for a few days.

Turn Off Ads?