Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you in favor of a Blanton trade?

Are you in favor of a Blanton trade?

I was just wondering what you guys think.If the Reds have to give up Votto, Bailey/Cueto, and a prospect such as Roenicke,Soto,Viola, or Janish(all these prospects are in the 9 to 19 range).But what if they got Blanton along with someone else back.Say maybe Embree, Suzuki, or Barton.I know I would do the deal If it was Blanton and either of the other 3 for the above package.I say send the A's Bailey, Votto, and Roenicke for Blanton and Barton.That deal would work for both sides.Now what say you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Are you in favor of a Blanton trade?

Absolutely not if thats the asking price.

I dont see how the Reds win that trade even in the short term.

Senor Votto

I wouldn't trade anyone named Votto, Bailey, Bruce, Cueto, or Maroney for Blanton

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I wouldn't trade anyone named Votto, Bailey, Bruce, Cueto, or Maroney for Blanton
    If you're speaking of Matt Maloney, I'd include him in a Blanton deal 8 days a week.

Now, if this Maroney to which you refer is some sort of super-secret uber-prospect, then no.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    I was just wondering what you guys think.If the Reds have to give up Votto, Bailey/Cueto, and a prospect such as Roenicke,Soto,Viola, or Janish(all these prospects are in the 9 to 19 range).But what if they got Blanton along with someone else back.Say maybe Embree, Suzuki, or Barton.I know I would do the deal If it was Blanton and either of the other 3 for the above package.I say send the A's Bailey, Votto, and Roenicke for Blanton and Barton.That deal would work for both sides.Now what say you.
    Blanton would be a decent #3 on the Reds. Bailey is projected to be better than that. This year isn't the Reds year anyway, why make the trade? So we end up with 83 wins instead of 79, so what. Keep the kids, let them blossom and reap the benifits in 2 to 3 years, we will be better off for it.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

I don't think I would ever do that trade. Giving up two of our top major league ready prospects for a #3 type guy is just nuts. Bailey could top out as our 3rd best starter this year as it is. Maloney though? Yeah!
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

I would give up Maroney, Stubbs and Frazier for Blanton and nothing more. That's #5, 7 and 8 of the Reds top 10 prospects. It sounds like highway robbery, but I could live with it.

None of Bailey, Bruce, Votto, Cueto. I guess I could part with Votto if it was packaged right but no more than Joey Votto.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    If you're speaking of Matt Maloney, I'd include him in a Blanton deal 8 days a week.

Now, if this Maroney to which you refer is some sort of super-secret uber-prospect, then no.
    Typo, I ment Maloney. I might give him up with Stubbs but I'm not really impressed with Blanton. I really wouldn't want to overpay for him. Not to mention he's been pitching in Oakland's Pitcher Friendly Park this career. I might be wrong but I don't see Blanton doing any good for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    I would give up Maroney, Stubbs and Frazier for Blanton and nothing more. That's #5, 7 and 8 of the Reds top 10 prospects. It sounds like highway robbery, but I could live with it.

I'd give up one of the 3 you named, but no more than that.

Blanton is so overrated it's nauseating.

I think I've made it clear where I stand on this. But being an A's fan, I comment with the same bias you as Reds fans probably do.

I think its somewhere in the middle:

I think Blanton is worth two of the big three. You guys don't think he's worth any of the big three.

How about a compromise:

The A's get 1 of the big 3 (Cueto, Bailey, Votto) 1 "B" level (Maroney, Stubbs, or Frazier) and a utility infielder like Keppinger:

A's get: Cueto, Frazier (PTBNL), & Keppinger

for

Red's get: Blanton, + filler

No. Do not want. After the names of Bailey, Cueto and Votto are said, No.

Votto, Maloney, & Keppenger for Blanton and Suzuki the catcher.

I'd take the major league proven talent over the unproven prospect again and again. Was just reading Blanton's Bio on mlb.com, he "was 9-1 when receiving four or more runs of support and is now 32- 2 (.941) in his career with run support of four runs or more...in his career" That's bullpen help right there.

Cueto, Stubbs, and "Take your pick Billy Beane (of anyone in AA or lower)"

Substitute Maloney for Cueto, and "Take your pick of 2 Billy Beane"...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?