Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

Munchie still worries me, but so far, so good. Big time win today after Miami scored rather easily on the first drive of the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Up to 21 in the AP poll. Coaches poll is not out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Up to 21 in the AP poll. Coaches poll is not out yet.
    #20 in the Coaches poll.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    #20 in the Coaches poll.
    Not for long I suspect. Bummer of a loss.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Brutal loss tonight.

You want to be taken seriously as a program (and as conference), you need to dominate MAC opponents.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

This team goes as Munchie does. Munchie throws two picks and one gets returned? You lose.

Also, what on Earth was Cincinnati doing playing AT Toledo? Things like that should never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    This team goes as Munchie does. Munchie throws two picks and one gets returned? You lose.

Also, what on Earth was Cincinnati doing playing AT Toledo? Things like that should never happen.
    Yeah, that's a game that needs to be bought out. There's no reason to expose your program on the road to a team that it gains nothin by beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Yeah, that's a game that needs to be bought out. There's no reason to expose your program on the road to a team that it gains nothin by beating.
    While I don't disagree, with things being the way they are at UC I doubt they had the money available to buy out the contract.

That being said, there was really no upside to playing this game. Toledo has a nice team this year but even if UC would have won I don't think they would have gotten any credit for the win and a loss is considered a bad loss.

Unfortunately I don't think this problem will go away anytime soon and is clearly the biggest impediment to UC making the jump to a quasi-big time program. It's tough to be a top level program when you have to sell home games vs. the likes of OSU and VT to scrape up enough coin to build something as rudimentary as a covered practice facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    True, but it's not like BCS teams are lined up around the block to wait their turn to play at Nippert.

Munchie had a very poor game last night and hasn't been really all that good at any point this year. But we're halfway through the season, and I doubt Butch is going to consider a change now. I'm not sure what it will take to "fix" him. His mechanics are terrible, but he's not the first quarterback to have bad mechanics. He throws a very uncatchable ball. I don't know how many times UC receivers (supposedly very talented and deep) have dropped his passes. Other times, he misses his receivers entirely. The biggest difference between last night and his previous games has been his decision-making. Munchie had been managing the game and not losing it. Last night, both of Munchie's picks hit the defenders in the numbers. The pick six involved him staring down the receiver allowing the corner to jump the route.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Hey, at least you're in better shape than Auburn.

Big game Friday night down in Louisville! Winner becomes co-frontrunner (along with Rutgers) for the Big East title and automatic BCS bid. Should be a tight game between two good but very flawed squads. As a Cardinal fan, I can't wait for it. Are UC fans feeling confident about their chances Friday night? My Cards are 7-0, but they haven't exactly been blasting a lot of the awful teams they've been playing, so there's certainly no reason for anyone to think UC can't win.

I don't see how a UC fan could ever be confident with Munchie Legaux under center.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Big game Friday night down in Louisville! Winner becomes co-frontrunner (along with Rutgers) for the Big East title and automatic BCS bid. Should be a tight game between two good but very flawed squads. As a Cardinal fan, I can't wait for it. Are UC fans feeling confident about their chances Friday night? My Cards are 7-0, but they haven't exactly been blasting a lot of the awful teams they've been playing, so there's certainly no reason for anyone to think UC can't win.
    I'm not, but Munchie is: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

It makes me want to laugh and cry all at the same time.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

CNNSI Upset special in college football this weekend. Televised.

*UPSET SPECIAL*

Friday, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN2) Cincinnati (5-1) at No. 16 Louisville (7-0)
    The Bearcats lost to Toledo in large part due to the Rockets' defensive and special teams touchdowns. While Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater continues to excel (73.4 completion percentage), the Cardinals' defense is a concern. It's allowing a 45.5 percent third-down conversion rate, ranked 103rd nationally. Cincy quarterback Munchie Legaux is ready to feast on that secondary.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2AN68iWwQ

Munchie.... still not a good quarterback.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 10-26-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Turn Off Ads?