Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    If so, that'll be the end of SOA.
    Sutter said in his blog that he has SOA written out for 2 more seasons. I think that is how it ends in two years.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Sutter said in his blog that he has SOA written out for 2 more seasons. I think that is how it ends in two years.
    Oh, I thought you meant that's how you think it'll end this year.

Jax is ruthless. I mean I know that's the point of this season, but geez.

This season has gone so far over the edge, that I may give up on the show. I will watch the season finale, and then make a decision. Jax is crazy, Tara is crazy, Gemma is crazy, Clay is crazy, Juice is crazy, etc, etc, etc. I have lost empathy for the characters, that is typically the sign that I will stop watching. This show has always been about rooting for the bad guys, as of this point I don't like the bad guys.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    This season has gone so far over the edge, that I may give up on the show. I will watch the season finale, and then make a decision. Jax is crazy, Tara is crazy, Gemma is crazy, Clay is crazy, Juice is crazy, etc, etc, etc. I have lost empathy for the characters, that is typically the sign that I will stop watching. This show has always been about rooting for the bad guys, as of this point I don't like the bad guys.
    So then they go and completely redeem themselves!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

So then they go and completely redeem themselves!

That was a FANTASTIC finale. Holy cow!

bump

Show is catching a bit of heat for the school scene. It was pretty shocking and I had no idea where they were going with it until they showed the future clips.

Overall a good opening epispode and love having this show back.

CCH Pounder is going to be in the show starting next week.

unfortunate name but she was great in The Shield

My tape cut off the last 5 minutes. I think I missed the school scene.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    My tape cut off the last 5 minutes. I think I missed the school scene.
    Spolier alert:

The kid in the school uniform they had been quasi following the whole episode sits down at a bench outside of his school. He gets out a note book and starts reading it and then the school bell rings. He puts down the note book and pulls an automatic gun out of his bag and walks into the school. They show the note book and it is full of drawings and generally bad and dark things. The shot stays outside the school and all you see is screaming and people running and blood on the window.

Holy crap. I thought throughout the episode that he'd be a victim. Wow.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Yea, the school scene was pretty unexpected. It'll be quite important to see how Sutter ties that into the series and how/if he makes a point of it. If it's a glancing segment I bet he'll catch some heat.

-matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Yea, the school scene was pretty unexpected. It'll be quite important to see how Sutter ties that into the series and how/if he makes a point of it. If it's a glancing segment I bet he'll catch some heat.

-matt
    The previews for the season to come, after the show ended, included Nero saying to Jax that it was one of the illegal automatic weapons that Jax gave Nero's crew last season, that was used. So picture Sandy Hook, instead of a legal fire arm, imagine if that was an actual illegal automatic weapon, acquired through gun smuggling. That event will be the catalyst for the last two seasons. Some commentary on this episode I read, included commentary about new law enforcement characters on the show. You have to remember that this show is about bad people. In the end, the law enforcement side may win the day, even though Sutter has us rooting for the bad guy.

16. Likes:

Joseph (09-15-2013)

You have to remember that this show is about bad people. In the end, the law enforcement side may win the day, even though Sutter has us rooting for the bad guy.
    I think you bring up a good point. TV writers are good at making us cheer for the bad guy sometimes. SOA is a prime example. For this show to have a 'happy' ending, the Sons need to go down.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?