Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: 6/2/12 - Reds at Astros

Re: 6/2/12 - Reds at Astros

Forgot the smiley. That was tongue in cheek and sarcasm. Blew it.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What? Not fun to watch a crazy game like that? I thought the low scoring games were boring?
    I love a good pitchers dual, but these are fun to watch too....especially when they win!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Forgot the smiley. That was tongue in cheek and sarcasm. Blew it.
    Forgiven
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Well, that was an interesting game. LOL. It was so obvious right from the outset that Latos had nothing. He was bouncing balls up there during warmups even. He was just all over the place. Really frustrating to be up 8-2 and then have it fall apart so quickly. I wasn't surprised that they left Wandy in there...he's got this streak going of going at least 5 innings in a ton of starts in a row. No way they were going to yank him.

But all in all, a fun game. As usual, there were a TON of Reds fans there. The Reds tend to have a pretty big following here in Houston due to all the Texas-born Reds we have.

Still no foul balls. After all of these years, still not a whiff of one. I had front row seats right down the 3rd base line...we had a couple shoot down there, but never close enough. Oh well. If nothing else..."this one belongs to the Reds" :O) Let's pull out the brooms for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Stubbs and Frazier hit those balls almost to the indentical spot. Two long home runs.
    Just about all of the Reds were hitting them OVER the train during BP. Bruce and Costanzo were scorching them at the end.

That was strange. Someone was flashing like some kind of laser light on Wandy.
    Yeah, they had security kick the guy out. That whole discussion was taking place right in front of us. It made it kinda hard to focus on the game for a while there...especially when Latos was serving up BP.

That was very close to a home run.
    They never showed a replay at the stadium, but it looked to us (and everyone around us...all Reds fans) that it was a dinger. I was kinda shocked they ruled it a double.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Greetings from Minute Maid. I'm sitting about 8 rows above the bat boy on the first base line. This one isn't much more fun to watch in person than it appears you're finding it on TV. There are a few. Reds fans here, but not many.
    You were sitting in the wrong spot. 3rd base line was easily 80% Reds fans.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Well, that was an interesting game. LOL. It was so obvious right from the outset that Latos had nothing. He was bouncing balls up there during warmups even. He was just all over the place. Really frustrating to be up 8-2 and then have it fall apart so quickly. I wasn't surprised that they left Wandy in there...he's got this streak going of going at least 5 innings in a ton of starts in a row. No way they were going to yank him.

But all in all, a fun game. As usual, there were a TON of Reds fans there. The Reds tend to have a pretty big following here in Houston due to all the Texas-born Reds we have.

Still no foul balls. After all of these years, still not a whiff of one. I had front row seats right down the 3rd base line...we had a couple shoot down there, but never close enough. Oh well. If nothing else..."this one belongs to the Reds" :O) Let's pull out the brooms for tomorrow!
    I was looking for you on TV, remembered seeing in Friday night's game thread you were going. Man, you got a classic. I don't know if the Reds win a thing this year, but you can bet that most nights, it is worth the price of admission. It has been a fun year already.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What? Not fun to watch a crazy game like that? I thought the low scoring games were boring?
    It's fun to be a fan of the visitors when your team is on the winning end of a laugher. Not so much fun to be in enemy territory when your team is giving up a similarly laughable number of runs. It was sort of a sequence like this.

It was an ugly game until Marshall and Chapman took the mound.

Also, I've never seen a crowd sit on hits hands so completely when the other team hit home runs. There was no murmuring and no booing - just a smattering of applause from the few Reds fans in attendance. It was almost like watching the Reds at a library when they got their big hits.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 06-03-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    /r/reds

Like I said Unassisted....you sat on the wrong side. Tons of fans on the 3rd base side.

You were sitting in the wrong spot. 3rd base line was easily 80% Reds fans.
    I like that side and I remember being with other Reds fans the last time I was at Minute Maid and on that side.

I wanted to try something different and these were the lowest seats my scalper had.

This was my view of the big scoreboard.

[IMG][/IMG]

I haven't retrieved any of the other pics I took with my better camera.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 06-03-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    /r/reds

The Astros fans sitting behind me were tearing their hair out about how long Mills left Wandy in there.

Speaking of Texas-born Reds, as we were leaving Minute Maid I saw what had to be the Jay Bruce party waiting outside one of the exits for Jay. It was a group of about 30 people of various ages, half of whom were wearing shirts and jerseys with Jay's name and number.
    /r/reds

I like that side and I remember being with other Reds fans the last time I was at Minute Maid and on that side.

I wanted to try something different and these were the lowest seats my scalper had
    Did you go to the game by yourself? If so, I'm kicking myself. I got 2 front row seats at the end of the 3rd base line, I figured I'd bring my wife. She backed out on me. So then I figured I'd let my 4 kids fight over who'd get to go. NONE of them wanted to come. So I went solo. Empty seat next to me all night long. It was a good place to put my nachos at least. If it was just you, I would've given you the ticket for free. It was going to waste anyway. Sorry.

The Astros fans sitting behind me were tearing their hair out about how long Mills left Wandy in there.

Speaking of Texas-born Reds, as we were leaving Minute Maid I saw what had to be the Jay Bruce party waiting outside one of the exits for Jay. It was a group of about 30 people of various ages, half of whom were wearing shirts and jerseys with Jay's name and number.
    It's like that every game there for Jay. Usually Stubbs too. Logan had quite a following as well.

Turn Off Ads?