Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Shane Victorino?

Shane Victorino?

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...-votto-surgery

The Reds have already been rumored to be interested in Phillies center fielder Shane Victorino, a move which would push Drew Stubbs into a reserve role (assuming he isn't part of a deal). Victorino, a switch-hitter, would also provide the Reds a much-needed bat from the left side.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...-votto-surgery

2. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: Shane Victorino?

In a heartbeat. Winner.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

If you can get Victorino and LaHair without trading Hamilton, Corcino, and Cingrani, you absolutely have to.

I would absolutely love it if we could get him. Would be a huge upgrade in CF.

I read sometime late last week that their asking price was pretty high and that they were wanting prospects, I'm not sure if Heisey or Stubbs fall into that category or not, I can't imagine they'd be guys the Phillies would really want to get, and neither make that much money so it's not like we'd need to dump the salary. The Phillies need some young talent so I guess it depends on what they're asking for. I don't want us to trade Hamilton, but beyond that I'm pretty open on the idea.

Gross. As much as this may, possibly, conceivably, perhaps be an upgrade. I really don't want to see SV in a Reds uniform.

Given the way the market is right now, I am afraid that any deal involving a starting ML player is going to be very costly and something especially rental players I would not like to see the Reds do.

No thanks. His OBP vs RHP is less than .300. Doesn't really help our situation. Would much rather have Pierre whose OBP vs RHP is nearly 100 points higher and should cost much less in a trade.

No thanks, no way, not in a million years. I live in Philly and get to see him pretty often.

1.) He is a rental
    2.) He does not hit well against righties which is what we need
    3.) He does not work counts and is not a good top of the order hitter.

The other thing is he might be the single dumbest player in baseball. I mean just consistently stupid decisions. There was a game last year against the Braves where the Phillies were down by 2 and he led off the 9th. He was hacking on 3-0 hacking again on 3-1 and after fouling off ball 4 three times, he finally got a single but was promptly erased when he tried to steal second. I honestly don't know if the Redszone servers could handle Shane Victorino.

dp

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    No thanks, no way, not in a million years. I live in Philly and get to see him pretty often.

1.) He is a rental
    2.) He does not hit well against righties which is what we need
    3.) He does not work counts and is not a good top of the order hitter.

The other thing is he might be the single dumbest player in baseball. I mean just consistently stupid decisions. There was a game last year against the Braves where the Phillies were down by 2 and he led off the 9th. He was hacking on 3-0 hacking again on 3-1 and after fouling off ball 4 three times, he finally got a single but was promptly erased when he tried to steal second. I honestly don't know if the Redszone servers could handle Shane Victorino.
    #2 and #3 would make him fitting right in

Quote Originally Posted by IamRV View Post
    No thanks. His OBP vs RHP is less than .300. Doesn't really help our situation. Would much rather have Pierre whose OBP vs RHP is nearly 100 points higher and should cost much less in a trade.
    true. we can't afford much
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Turn Off Ads?