Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2010 WVU Football

Re: 2010 WVU Football

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Marry her
    Asked her tonight. Even better was she tried to find me tickets to Rupp to a basketball game since I went to Mountaineer Field as a surprise Christmas present. I appreciated the thought, especially since one ticket at Rupp likely cost 4x on StubHub what four tickets where we sat were (50 yard line, eight rows back).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Asked her tonight. Even better was she tried to find me tickets to Rupp to a basketball game since I went to Mountaineer Field as a surprise Christmas present. I appreciated the thought, especially since one ticket at Rupp likely cost 4x on StubHub what four tickets where we sat were (50 yard line, eight rows back).
    Well, I'm hesitant to say congrats because you only said you "asked" her..... WHAT DID SHE SAY!?!?

Well, I'm hesitant to say congrats because you only said you "asked" her..... WHAT DID SHE SAY!?!?
    She did say yes.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=86713&page=2
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Congrats dude, that's awesome. You're a Mountaineer now!

Dana Holgorsen to WVU rumors running rampant. I'm very, very intrigued.

Dana Holgorsen to WVU rumors running rampant. I'm very, very intrigued.
    Certainly would open up the offense more down the field. Helped Mike Leach in Lubbock put up record breaking offenses. I just hope he doesnt inherit Leach's proficiency to letting the other team score quickly just to get the ball back LOL.

Been successful everywhere he's been as an OC in Houston, TT, and now in Ok. State.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

GOT HIM!!!

Holgorsen in as OC and Head Coach In Waiting! Taking over in 2012!

GOT HIM!!!

Holgorsen in as OC and Head Coach In Waiting! Taking over in 2012!
    Great hire. I'm from WV but not a diehard fan, but this hiring make increases my interest. I love watching wide open offenses and Holgorsen certainly brings that to the table.

Does it say anything that WVU started pursuing him once they found out he was the leading candidate at Pitt?

Thought something was up when I read this morning that Stewart might be out and UK was looking at David Lockwood as a DB coach.

Should make WVU's offense a lot more exciting. What's surprising to me is that Jeff Mullen is a leading candidate for Kent State's open head coaching job.

Does it say anything that WVU started pursuing him once they found out he was the leading candidate at Pitt?

Thought something was up when I read this morning that Stewart might be out and UK was looking at David Lockwood as a DB coach.

Should make WVU's offense a lot more exciting. What's surprising to me is that Jeff Mullen is a leading candidate for Kent State's open head coaching job.
    I've heard that WVU started talking to him after the UConn loss.

I've heard that WVU started talking to him after the UConn loss.
    With the way this has been handled and the fan reaction from BGN that I have been reading, this could either be a brilliant hire by Oliver Luck or a complete and total backfire that could split the fanbase.

I've always compared Bill Stewart to Tubby Smith at Kentucky. A good family man who you would love for your child to play for, but there is somebody who could do a better job. However, with Tubby there was still a section of the fanbase who supported him even though the program was going downhill. That applies to Stewart, especially since he is from West Virginia.

The only thing I can say is that I hope Dana Holgersen hits the ground running in Morgantown and starts winning and winning big. If he doesn't, that section of the fanbase will voice their frustrations the same way UK did with Gillispie and WVU could be looking for a new coach again, with a lot higher expectations heaped onto Oliver Luck.

I wouldn't necessarily give him the title "offensive genius", although the numbers do speak for themselves. He's been made into what he is by Mike Leach (who WVU could have had as well), and before Mike Leach by Hal Mumme.

Its a great day to be a Mountaineer fan!! Nothing against Bill Stewart,but I have been wanting this day to come for awhile now.With DH as our OC this year and Head Coach in 2012 WVU's ofense will be back to normal and putting up alot of points in games.Plus with our great defensive head coach Casteel,this team has the opurtunity to look very dangerous in the not to distant future.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

You guys have to be happy with the Pitt hire too. Heywood to Oakland has the UC fans scratching our heads.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    You guys have to be happy with the Pitt hire too. Heywood to Oakland has the UC fans scratching our heads.
    Anytime you can hire a guy who was 10-15 at a MAC school the two years before, you gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Its a great day to be a Mountaineer fan!! Nothing against Bill Stewart,but I have been wanting this day to come for awhile now.With DH as our OC this year and Head Coach in 2012 WVU's ofense will be back to normal and putting up alot of points in games.Plus with our great defensive head coach Casteel,this team has the opurtunity to look very dangerous in the not to distant future.
    Its a great week to be a Mountaineer fan! I also heard that the stupid Friends of Joe Bowl will not be renewed after 2012!

Turn Off Ads?