Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott Rolen to disabled list (strained left shoulder), Reds recall IF Chris Valaika

Re: Scott Rolen to disabled list (strained left shoulder), Reds recall IF Chris Valai

Any idea who is going to get the majority of ABs at 3rd now?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scott Rolen to disabled list (strained left shoulder), Reds recall IF Chris Valai

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I would guess Miguel Cairo.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I'm glad they went ahead and placed Rolen on the DL instead of playing with a 24 man roster like they did last season.

Does anyone see this shoulder issue being a continuing problem throughout the year and does Walt make a move mid-season to solidify that spot?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Does anyone see this shoulder issue being a continuing problem throughout the year and does Walt make a move mid-season to solidify that spot?
    I don't see anything significant happening. We may end up trading for a Melvin Mora/Jose Lopez type

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    I don't see anything significant happening. We may end up trading for a Melvin Mora/Jose Lopez type
    Could see Aramis Ramirez maybe.

Apparently Heisey was taking ground balls at 3rd base. That'd be interesting.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I'd bet Pete Rose.....

Could see Aramis Ramirez maybe.

Apparently Heisey was taking ground balls at 3rd base. That'd be interesting.
    Yea, and he was surprised at how quick the balls got there. I (unfortunately) believe that Heisey would get his world rocked at 3B.

-Matt

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I'd bet Pete Rose.....
    He's banned

oh, and 70

I'd bet Pete Rose.....
    Worked in '75
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    More likely he would rather spit in Tony LaRussa's remaining eye.
    I'd bet Pete Rose.....
    I'm sure he'd bet you too.

Frazier has started to hit well the last couple of games. If he has two or three more good games, I'd switch him and Valaika. Frazier is on the 40 man so it would be pretty easy.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

David Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Frazier has started to hit well the last couple of games. If he has two or three more good games, I'd switch him and Valaika. Frazier is on the 40 man so it would be pretty easy.
    Frazier will be at AAA most, if not all, of this year. He had a subpar year at AAA last year. He hasn't played much third base in professional ball. He needs time and the Reds know it.

Valaika got a good trial with the big club last year and will get the opportunity while Rolen is out.

Francisco will presumably take over for Valaika when healthy.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

OK, bear with me here, but is there any reason why Phillips can't be tried out at 3rd base? Renteria would slide into 2nd. Cairo and Valaika would back up.

Actually, BP to 3rd is my idea for a medium-term solution at the position (with a contract extension), and this would be a great way of him getting his toes wet there.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?