Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

I feel bad for Cody Zeller. He was mesmerized by the orange Afro in the front row and in that moment he decided he didn't want to be a basket ball player anymore. He wanted to drop out of school and travel the country in a Volkswagen. And it didn't matter if he payed attention to his man or not.. But then he was like "nah, that's dumb" but the game was already over. It could happen to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

All I can say is pitiful.......they shouldnt have even been in that situation at the end.

Looks like Cody had a Tyler moment.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

This article is too long to post, but is well worth reading/discussing.

Bob Kravitz: Calling Tom Crean a poor game coach is the reflex of angry, under-educated fans.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...nclick_check=1
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    This article is too long to post, but is well worth reading/discussing.

Bob Kravitz: Calling Tom Crean a poor game coach is the reflex of angry, under-educated fans.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...nclick_check=1
    Now there's a strong argument. If you claim he was outcoached, you're just one of those stupid hayseed overall wearing fans that worships Bobby Knight. Nice insulting article for anyone who dares to question the coach's game decisions.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

That's not how I read it TR. More like, anyone who thinks "Crean can't coach" based on 3 losses is completely overreacting. Add to the fact that most people saying "Crean can't coach" do in fact worship at the alter of Bob Knight, and I think his article is pretty much right on.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's not how I read it TR. More like, anyone who thinks "Crean can't coach" based on 3 losses is completely overreacting. Add to the fact that most people saying "Crean can't coach" do in fact worship at the alter of Bob Knight, and I think his article is pretty much right on.
    Yeah, I agree. Like he said Knight was known for not calling a TO on the IU's final offensive possession. I liked having Victor start it off going 1on1. He just got a little of the old out of control Victor on that play.

Illinois just went nuts down the stretch. They hit shots that were bad shots, unless you're on fire.

There's really nothing to say about the final play. It was just shockingly dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-09-2013)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Just picking nits, I have to question Kravitz's assertion that Knight was outcoached in the 1986 NCAA first round game against Cleveland State.

That '86 team, largely devoid of athleticism, was simply not equipped to handle the relentless press/up-and -down game of the Cleveland State Vikings. Viola: an "upset" in seed only. If anything, that '86 squad overachieved to finish second in the Big Ten that season.
    Smart and Garrett arrived next year and the rest is history.

Other than that, the article is spot-on to me. What sometimes appears to be "poor" coaching is just as likely to be the result of poor player/team execution.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 02-09-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I tend to agree with Kravitz merely because he hedges his bet... CTC is phenomenal at developing players. Anybody suggesting otherwise is blind. However, in the 40 minute game he does have his deficiencies.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's not my beef. Anyone presenting an argument as "you are ignorant, let me enlighten you" is insulting his audience and appearing arrogant himself. Perhaps "I hear people who think that..." and let them incriminate themselves. His method is poor. I was not debating the truth of his arguments, but it did appear to sway a little on the side of apologist.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

14. Likes:

redsfanmia (02-10-2013)

Let's go...

There is still an undercurrent in Bloomington, although it's dwindling. Mostly, it's older fans who want IU to be what the program was when Knight was here, which they believe was a boy scout convention of moral rectitude, motion offense and stellar academics. Frankly, I believe, as Harvey Penick and other golfers do, that the real character of a man comes out on the course, and if you have any doubts that the General is a horse's rear end, then you may want to google videos of his golf show.

I remember that Crean's Marquette team beat UC twice in 00-01 and there were grumblings about Huggins getting out coached. Isn't this just what fans do when unranked teams take down a better team? And for what it's worth, most of the Hoosier fans I know have said the same thing for many years, that Big Ten play offers no guarantees for ranked teams, which is the same thing I heard from ACC fans when I lived in Raleigh. This uncertainty is what I love about college basketball; ranked or unrankded, the players are still kids and on any given night their youth may allow them to cast aside ineptitude, or cause them to play like they've just met each other for the first time.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 02-10-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Kravitz is becoming the new Bender of the Indy sports media.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Let's go...

I hope you enjoyed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    That's not my beef. Anyone presenting an argument as "you are ignorant, let me enlighten you" is insulting his audience and appearing arrogant himself. Perhaps "I hear people who think that..." and let them incriminate themselves. His method is poor. I was not debating the truth of his arguments, but it did appear to sway a little on the side of apologist.
    That's a fair argument. I think it's much more likely that the argument is, "Anyone arguing Crean can't coach is an idiot, and you shouldn't listen to them."

It's not so much about enlightening people as it is to persuading people not to listen to idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?