Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Per Rosecrans Bubba outrighted to AAA

got alil captain in u?

Per Rosecrans Bubba outrighted to AAA

bubba outright to triple A he has 72 hours to accept this

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Per Rosecrans Bubba outrighted to AAA

I've already accepted it. Does that count?

Good.
    Go Gators!

Hamilton sealed Bubba's fate. How many lefty hitting outfielders can a team have?

If Reds go with a five man bench sounds to me like Deno, Hopper, Moeller and Bellhorn are competing for one spot. Two if a six man bench or if somebody gets DLd.

Nice.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Need some terminology help. Does "outright" remove a player from the 40 man roster? I think it does, but just looking for verification (which I can't find).

The Reds are going to need to clear a few 40 Man spots if guys like Hermanson or Santos are to be kept.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Yes Or He Could Leave And The Same Thing Happens.

Bubba's been taken off the 40 man on the Reds.com
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Need some terminology help. Does "outright" remove a player from the 40 man roster? I think it does, but just looking for verification (which I can't find).

The Reds are going to need to clear a few 40 Man spots if guys like Hermanson or Santos are to be kept.
    Santos won't make the team. He's injury insurance.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

What will the Bubbaloons do? Is there a Riverbatszone.com?
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Santos won't make the team. He's injury insurance.
    Agreed, but we're a week from the roster being set and he's still here. With Maj, Bray, Lizard and others lame (and Milton and Lohse really lame) they need to make a spot if they are going to use him.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Agreed, but we're a week from the roster being set and he's still here. With Maj, Bray, Lizard and others lame (and Milton and Lohse really lame) they need to make a spot if they are going to use him.
    Burton will likely make the team in Bray's absence. I'm not sure the Lizard makes the team, even if he's healthy.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Burton will likely make the team in Bray's absence. I'm not sure the Lizard makes the team, even if he's healthy.
    Agree right now. But I wonder about Milton and I could see a DL stint for his knee with a rehab to follow. I know we all want him released, but if they do anything, the DL is more likely and they'll need a spot if Santos is the guy.

I think it's funny how over the offseason people shouted me down when I said the rotation is STILL the main problem with this team; I was told, "no, no, we should be fine with the trio of Arroyo, Harang, and Lohse--and Milton's basically your average #4." Well, folks, here we are, just as I said, scrambling around like a guy late for an interview, hoping and praying that 60% of the rotation doesn't implode, night after night after night.

I still say Bailey for Jennings would have been a masterstroke deal, setting us up for a real run at the Central this year (plus we'd have gotten draft picks when he left via free agency).

Que sera sera. I guess that contention date gets pushed back 2008, eh? Better pray Homer's not a dud.

Yeah, trading the first or second best pitching prospect in baseball for a guy who has never posted a WHIP under 1.37 would have been a wonderful deal...for the Rockies. Homer Bailey for Jason Jennings? Good Lord FCB.

Turn Off Ads?