Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Re: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

I think if we have < than 12-15 turnovers we'll win.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm getting ahead of the Louisville game with this question, but when and where do you guys see UK's losses coming this season? As of now, Tennessee and Mississippi are the only two ranked opponents they have left. Vandy always seems to give them a fight in Nashville and they've got to go to Mississippi State, where Stansbury always seems to put a pretty good team on the court. Oh, and let's not forget Florida, despite their recent woes.

I can foresee them losing at Tennessee, at Mississippi State, at Florida, and at Vandy. Or at least I see those games as the biggest threats.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/4764039/

Check this poll. The demographic info on a state by state basis is fascinating. Kentucky has 58% of the international vote.
    Last edited by WMR; 12-30-2009 at 01:25 AM.

I voted for UCLA. I can't stand them but they have four more National Championships that any other school.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Alright, let's read some Louisville/UK predictions.
    If UL shoots the three well they can make a game of it and could win. UK has allowed four teams to make 9 or more threes at Rupp this season. Samuels is the only inside threat UL has and sometimes he doesn't look so good. UK's deep depth inside will be the difference and the Cats will pull away in the 2nd half for a 73-59 win.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    All those crowing about John Wall tonight should realize Hartford may be the worst team any SEC team plays all year. No player above small forward height. No player in his league athletically. (Or close. At all.)

Wall should have dominated.
    You point is well taken...

I was lucky enough to score a pair of tickets for last night's game. I agree, Hartford had nothing resembling an interior defense. If the starters had played the entire game, UK may have won the rebounding contest +40.

Unfortunately, the point guard for Hartford (also #11) went down with a leg injury early in the game. He was by no means an All-American, but he was not in the least bit intimidated by Wall. In fact, he was starting to gain some confidence before he went down. Once he left the game, it was only a matter of how ugly the score would get.

The thing about Wall's performance that I find the most impressive was his assist : turnover ratio of 16:1. That statistic is usually one that transcends the quality of opponent. In fact, Wall was SO dominant, that I cannot even remember his lone turnover.

Yes, in just 30 minutes, he logged 16 assists. But what is so amazing to me is the QUALITY of his passes. I have seen him complete bounce passes in traffic that are hard to even describe. Last night, timing of his alley-oops were always perfect--even though he was hardly ever stationary when he launched them.

The best play of the night was the one that began with a Cousins block deep in the low post. Long outlet pass to Wall, long lead pass to Patterson for the dunk. The ball traveled the entire length of the court without ever having touched the floor. Thing of beauty, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/4764039/

Check this poll. The demographic info on a state by state basis is fascinating. Kentucky has 58% of the international vote.
    I voted for Kentucky. Its funny that even the rest of Big 12 country has been beaten over the head with ESPN and the ACC.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    You point is well taken...

I was lucky enough to score a pair of tickets for last night's game. I agree, Hartford had nothing resembling an interior defense. If the starters had played the entire game, UK may have won the rebounding contest +40.

Unfortunately, the point guard for Hartford (also #11) went down with a leg injury early in the game. He was by no means an All-American, but he was not in the least bit intimidated by Wall. In fact, he was starting to gain some confidence before he went down. Once he left the game, it was only a matter of how ugly the score would get.

The thing about Wall's performance that I find the most impressive was his assist : turnover ratio of 16:1. That statistic is usually one that transcends the quality of opponent. In fact, Wall was SO dominant, that I cannot even remember his lone turnover.

Yes, in just 30 minutes, he logged 16 assists. But what is so amazing to me is the QUALITY of his passes. I have seen him complete bounce passes in traffic that are hard to even describe. Last night, timing of his alley-oops were always perfect--even though he was hardly ever stationary when he launched them.

The best play of the night was the one that began with a Cousins block deep in the low post. Long outlet pass to Wall, long lead pass to Patterson for the dunk. The ball traveled the entire length of the court without ever having touched the floor. Thing of beauty, I say.
    Wall said the lone turnover shouldn't have been a turnover. He said a defender knocked the ball out of his hands and he didn't drop it out of bounds.
    That pass play was you mentioned in your last paragraph was sensational! Orton actually blocked the shot, not Cousins. But his outlet pass was perfect to Wall and then Wall threaded a needle to Patterson. That one had me out of my seat at home.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

That's hilarious, if real.

When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Wall said the lone turnover shouldn't have been a turnover. He said a defender knocked the ball out of his hands and he didn't drop it out of bounds.
    That pass play was you mentioned in your last paragraph was sensational! Orton actually blocked the shot, not Cousins. But his outlet pass was perfect to Wall and then Wall threaded a needle to Patterson. That one had me out of my seat at home.
    You are exactly right about Orton... I guess I am just used to seeing Cousins patrolling the middle.

U of L/UK prediction: Cats by 10+.

There is going to be an Outside the Lines special involving players that Calipari has run off since joining Kentucky that are speaking out. Most notably, Matt Pilgrim and Kevin Galloway.

And people wonder why UK fans dislike ESPN?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Seriously, John Wall is a bad dude. I wish the Pacers would have really tanked this season to have a chance to draft him.

Not to worry.

As banged up as they are, they are sure to be in the lottery.

Turn Off Ads?