Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapman

Re: Chapman

didn't that hal m guy say price was against this like last week? im guessing he never said that b/c i know he was for it early on?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    It will be an interesting story as the season unfolds.
    I think it will be a lot less interesting if threads keep popping up at every single peep from anyone's mouth that resembles "news" on Chapman. Sorry to be a hater, but that's where I am on this.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I think it will be a lot less interesting if threads keep popping up at every single peep from anyone's mouth that resembles "news" on Chapman. Sorry to be a hater, but that's where I am on this.
    “It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.”

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Patience. It is a long season. Don't let your baseball highs get too high or too low. Sometimes it's best just to keep your own council about the Reds and keep your own season narrative. When I start being a hater, I step away from the bar for a bit and regain perspective. I really don't get cranked up till about August. That's when it starts getting good.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

An opposing NL scout tells FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal that the Reds "are crazy" if they use Aroldis Chapman as a starter. "It’s Joba Chamberlain all over again. His velocity dropped off in the second inning. He couldn’t get his off-speed stuff over the plate consistently. No question in my mind, he’s the closer," the scout said.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...e-indians.html
    Last edited by corkedbat; 03-16-2013 at 12:50 AM.

nm

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

LOL @ Ken Rosenthal comparing Joba Chamberlain to Aroldis Chapman.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

9. Likes:

Mitri (03-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    LOL @ Ken Rosenthal comparing Joba Chamberlain to Aroldis Chapman.
    Why can't it be "Chris Sale all over again?"

I think the best thing for the 2013 Reds is Aroldis Chapman as the closer.

let the dude start. give the guy 10-12 starts, then we'll know the answer to the question. Until then, we are all speculators.
    Last edited by holster10; 03-16-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

And I will once again reiterate how shocked I am that on March 11th (when that start took place) that a pitcher wasn't at top velocity and had a few struggles to locate a breaking ball. Absolutely shocked. In fact, it is probably the first time a pitcher has EVER done such a thing at this point in the year. Unheard of.

14. Likes:

Roy Tucker (03-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    And I will once again reiterate how shocked I am that on March 11th (when that start took place) that a pitcher wasn't at top velocity and had a few struggles to locate a breaking ball. Absolutely shocked. In fact, it is probably the first time a pitcher has EVER done such a thing at this point in the year. Unheard of.
    You know what's funny about all of this talk from other scouts. I recall AFTER the Reds signed Chapman, there were the "rival scouts" that snickered, giggled and claimed "we really didn't think he was that impressive." What I hear from other scouts is sort of like when I eat a really good cookie that my wife bakes, then tell everyone they stink so I can have more of them myself. "Yea, the Reds should NOT make Chapman a starter, they'd be CRAZY, CRAZY to keep him as closer" is wishful thinking that if they say it enough times that the Reds will be subliminally influenced and underutilize this asset.

And Hal McCoy needs to retire. He should finish well, not turn into a hack reporter in his latter years.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

16. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (03-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    I think the best thing for the 2013 Reds is Aroldis Chapman as the closer.
    I think the best thing for the 2013 Reds is for Chapman to be in the rotation.

Two men enter, one man leaves : Thunderdome!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I think the best thing for the 2013 Reds is for Chapman to be in the rotation.

Two men enter, one man leaves : Thunderdome!
    I respect that. I just disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    I respect that. I just disagree.
    Most boring Thunderdome cage match ever
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

20. Likes:

Homer Bailey (03-18-2013),Raisor (03-16-2013)

Turn Off Ads?