Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much Cardinals talk these days

Too much Cardinals talk these days

This is Redszone.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Too much Cardinals talk these days

Agreed. They're hot just like the Reds were the 1st week of the season. Big whoop. *shrug*

Nice work in the 9th by Franklin btw.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

They're the Cardinals.While they weren't as dominant as the Braves were in their division for so many years they did dominate.Phli has taken over the east but the Braves are always lurking and I'm sure remain a constant worry for all Phili fans.Even if the Reds win the division this year and establish dominance within the central the Cards aren't going to go away and will always be a worthy topic in RZ as our top competitor for the top spot.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Maybe if the folks who post on this board didn't concentrate all of the discussion for each Reds player into a single thread for that player, there would appear to be more discussion about Reds? This isn't Wikipedia. I don't see why we feel the need to be so... organized.

Well I guess I'll leave if I can't talk baseball or about division rivals. Yeah its the Red Zone but does that mean all the conversation has to be limited to is the Reds? I mean, there is a lot of things in baseball going on. However, I'll talk about Masset and his struggles and how Jay Bruce doesn't look comfortable at the plate if you want me to, even if the topics have been beaten down to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Maybe if the folks who post on this board didn't concentrate all of the discussion for each Reds player into a single thread for that player, there would appear to be more discussion about Reds? This isn't Wikipedia. I don't see why we feel the need to be so... organized.
    Thank you.

I agree, the amalgamation of talk into game threads only, minor league only, tend to stifle the jazz that baseball talk can produce.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Well I guess I'll leave if I can't talk baseball or about division rivals. Yeah its the Red Zone but does that mean all the conversation has to be limited to is the Reds? I mean, there is a lot of things in baseball going on. However, I'll talk about Masset and his struggles and how Jay Bruce doesn't look comfortable at the plate if you want me to, even if the topics have been beaten down to death.
    I can't speak for the OP but my response wasn't directed at you, MattyMo, or any other Cards fans around here. I would expect you guys to discuss them, they're your team! My comment was more directed at the "Falls City Beer'esque" gloom and doom aura starting to develop the last couple days in regards to the Cards and the general feeling (by fellow Reds fans) that they are some untoppable force since their bats have been hot lately. It just seems that some Reds fans have a hard time accepting the fact that we root for a good team now. Masochists I tell ya!

I meant no disrespect to you or your fellow Cards fans. I appreciate your level-headed tone and I hope you do not stop posting here.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Well, I made a post in another thread where I said, it would behoove the Reds to make some hay against Pittsburgh and Arizona at home before going into St Louis, because the Cards and Brewers have been playing pretty good lately.

I'm sorry if that upset anyone but that's the way I feel. I don't think that makes me less of a Reds Fan.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 04-17-2011 at 11:22 PM.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I couldn't be less concerned about the Cardinals. Their lineup is decent, but the beauty of playing 162 is the holes like theirs will doom them. Again, I think their 2-6 is pretty solid. But the rest of the pieces aren't gonna be enough to get it done over the long haul. Glad to see the Brewers got beat twice today, that team has been playing well since we undressed them to open the season.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Definately agree with the above quote as well as with WOY's reply.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I couldn't be less concerned about the Cardinals. Their lineup is decent, but the beauty of playing 162 is the holes like theirs will doom them. Again, I think their 2-6 is pretty solid. But the rest of the pieces aren't gonna be enough to get it done over the long haul. Glad to see the Brewers got beat twice today, that team has been playing well since we undressed them to open the season.
    Every team in this division has holes in it and 162 will expose those as well. Plus, good starting pitching can cover up some of those holes. The Cards definitely still have good starting pitching even without Wainwright.

It will just be a flat out dog fight the rest of the season with the teams in this division. Wouldn't surprise me if the division winner is decided on the last day of the season.

I'm more worried about the Brewers at this point.

I wish we had more fans from other teams posting here. There are only so many Jonny Gomes threads one can read in a day.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Put me down in favor of any intelligent baseball talk.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

At the top of this page it says RedsZone for Reds fans by Reds fans

Redszone.com-Cincinnati Reds Fans' Home for Baseball Discussion

Talking about Division Rivals is Baseball Discussion.

Last edited by Ron Madden; 04-17-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Turn Off Ads?