Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would You Like to See OSU and Michigan in the Same Division of the Big Ten?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 80.00%
  • No

6 20.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: OSU-UM Football Rivalry

Re: OSU-UM Football Rivalry

It's official, the divisions are as reported above, and Ohio St. and Michigan will continue to play the last game of the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5519832

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I'd be OK with no divisions, too. It'd be interesting to hear from BCS championship game coaches whether they think a championship helped/hindered their path to and preparation for the title game.

There aren't enough indoor football venues in the midwest to play a title game. The weather could be really ugly in Chicago in the late November/early December!
    There are plenty. Lucas Oil Field in Indy, Ford Field in Detroit, the Metrodome in Minneapolis.

A lot of people would rather have it outside. They have actually been talking about Lambeau Field in Green Bay. There's no denying the weather in the Midwest can be rough in early December. But does the game really need to be played indoors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    There are plenty. Lucas Oil Field in Indy, Ford Field in Detroit, the Metrodome in Minneapolis.

A lot of people would rather have it outside. They have actually been talking about Lambeau Field in Green Bay. There's no denying the weather in the Midwest can be rough in early December. But does the game really need to be played indoors?
    Those are all too small.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Those are all too small.
    The first CG is already announced for Indianapolis Lucas Field.

Holds over 70,000.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Those are all too small.
    I don't think so.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I have a feeling that it will be played at Lucas Oil Field and I have a little issue with that. I just get sick and tired of Indy in general getting a bulk of big time NCAA events. I would love to see a rotating game that hits several different venues. I love the idea of an outdoors championship game. Lets be honest these Big 10 teams are built to play in the weather. They know in Nov it gets cold so they need to build a team that can play in inclement weather. No sense in ignoring that when deciding on where to have the game. I would love to see Lambo and Solider Stadium get championship games. Its not going to happen but it sure would be cool, pun intended.

Yep, I agree.

Big 10 teams build around playing bad-weather games and pride themselves on it. Why not play the championship game outdoors like the midwest football gods meant? The corporate fat cats won't like but but who cares? Let them rattle ther jewelry.

And I think any NFL stadium will be sufficent. They can handle crowds. I'd really like to see the BT championship game rotated around BT stadia (like the Shoe or the Big House) but I seriously doubt that will happen.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I have a feeling that it will be played at Lucas Oil Field and I have a little issue with that. I just get sick and tired of Indy in general getting a bulk of big time NCAA events. I would love to see a rotating game that hits several different venues. I love the idea of an outdoors championship game. Lets be honest these Big 10 teams are built to play in the weather. They know in Nov it gets cold so they need to build a team that can play in inclement weather. No sense in ignoring that when deciding on where to have the game. I would love to see Lambo and Solider Stadium get championship games. Its not going to happen but it sure would be cool, pun intended.
    NCAA HQ is in Indy. It's centrally located and the only teams it would have a home field advantage for are Indiana and Purdue neither of whom are powerhouses. The theory behind playing it inside is that they want a true test of football and don't want weather handicapping the teams. They also want the 80K fans watching the game to be comfortable.

I don't have a problem with an outdoor championship game but the powers that be may not want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'd really like to see the BT championship game rotated around BT stadia (like the Shoe or the Big House) but I seriously doubt that will happen.
    Too much of a possible home field advantage for those teams. Would you really want tOSU and Iowa squaring off in Kinnick or Camp Randall?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The Buckeye Bomber

I'm getting tired of College Football. Too many bowl games, too much of a "business" approach, especially when you get to the end of the season with these championship games and the bowl structure.

Terrible. I'm not watching this season.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

I just saw that two of the protected crossovers are PSU-Nebraska and OSU-Michigan. If your another Big 10 team how can you not love this? The Big boys will play at least 2-3 of the best programs in the Big 10.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I wish they were in the same division. It would add even more to that game every year. The way they have set it up, tOSU/UM could play back to back weeks for the Big Ten title should it play out that way (and often does).
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I wish they were in the same division. It would add even more to that game every year. The way they have set it up, tOSU/UM could play back to back weeks for the Big Ten title should it play out that way (and often does).
    Truth is, based on the records of the 12 schools, the two may have met only 3-4 times in the championship game over the last 20 years if given the new format. Granted, the schedules would have played out differently, but nonetheless it wouldn't happen as often as people assume.

For the small amount lost in the meaning of this game in different divisions, the prospect of playing one another in the championship game is even bigger.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?