Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Going to the South Regional

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Going to the South Regional

I haven't been to an Ohio State men's basketball game in 20 years and haven't watched a full game of theirs on TV this season. But being a Buckeye fan, I couldn't resist the opportunity to catch them in person in the Sweet 16 when the game is in my city.

I got tickets to both the Thursday semifinals and the Saturday finals for face value, about $52 each.

Before you Buckeye fans who are stuck in the Buckeye State get too jealous, check out the seating chart below. My tickets are in Section 344.

I've decided not to bother to paint myself scarlet and gray in hopes of getting on TV.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Going to the South Regional

I'll be there too, I'm not a fan of any of the teams but I've had my tickets for a while and I just like college basketball, and my wife and my buddy's girlfriend have family in San Antonio so we're making kind of a vacation out of it. Oh and my tickets were free, I have a friend that works at the Hall of Champions in Indianapolis.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Acie Law in play in person. I am hoping for a Texas A&M and OSU game on saturday. That Tenn. - OSU game should be fun to watch, although I think that OSU's best chance to win is to slow it down.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Acie Law in play in person. I am hoping for a Texas A&M and OSU game on saturday. That Tenn. - OSU game should be fun to watch, although I think that OSU's best chance to win is to slow it down.
    From what I've read and seen in highlights, I think all of the games in this regional should be really good. I don't mind so much that I won't have a horse in at least one of the races. I'm mostly going for the spectacle and the opportunity to cheer for the Buckeyes.

The speculation in the media here was that A&M fans would buy up all of the available tickets, since the same ticket gets you in to both regional semis. I actually saw more people standing in line at The Alamodome wearing Buckeye gear than A&M gear when I went to pick up my tickets today.

If you saw on the chart where my tickets are, you'll appreciate the laughter that came up from the lines today when some wiseguy asked the ticket seller in a loud voice for "2 tickets right behind the A&M bench."
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post

If you saw on the chart where my tickets are, you'll appreciate the laughter that came up from the lines today when some wiseguy asked the ticket seller in a loud voice for "2 tickets right behind the A&M bench."

Thats like one year at the Schott I got tickets verse IU from a street seller who told me the tix were right avove the Huntington Level. The seats end up being in the last row of the 400 level.

Those high seats are great if you like to watch teams run their offense. Sat in the rafters at a few Cavs games and really enjoyed being able to see the whole floor as teams ran their plays.

I got tickets last week for the Saturday games in Lexington. I was up in the 200 level about 4 rows from the top in the corner. I thought the seats would be terrible but they ended up being fine (other than being bleachers with no backs). Hopefully you guys will get games as good as we got in Lexington, both the OSU/Xavier and A&M/Louisville. A&M is a fun team to watch and Law is a great player. He's so quick that you just can't stop watching him afraid you'll miss something.

And Unassisted - I am jealous. It's just getting in the door. Bring the binoculars and you'll be all set. Just make sure you don't see Oden's last game as a Buckeye.

Didn't catch the whole thing but Lance was saying something on his show today about Ohio State having some trouble selling their allotted tickets. Is this the case?

Just got back today from Texas. We didn't know where our tickets were because the section wasn't on the seating chart, and before we left my friend said "sorry he couldn't get us better seats", so didn't expect much. They ended up being second row stradling the center court line on the opposite side of the teams' benches. We sat right in the middle of the Texas A&M alumni, they do some strange cheers. I did root for OSU, I've watched Connelly and Oden play throughout high school so I figured what the hell.

The funniest part of any of the games was near the end of the OSU - Memphis game Callipari spent the last two minutes doing nothing but cussing at any ref that would come near him. The refs didn't even look at him though and he was sayin' some nasty stuff, I think he wanted a tech and I can't believe he didn't get one. I thought it was hillarious though. We stayed at the same hotel as Tennessee and they had a big reception for the team and the fans after the loss to OSU, I shook Bruce Pearl's hand and got some free food and drinks. I think they thought I was a Tennessee fan because I had a Colts championship shirt on (Peyton Manning connection, I guess).
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?