Thread: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

Reds sleep-walked through that game.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Yep, the same thing they've done about once a week the entire season.

When Milwaukee was at full strength earlier in the year......The Reds beat them good. Now they do not? Shades of 1999.

5. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (08-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    What's this team's Sunday record now? It feels like it has been bad.
    I'd like to see it broken down farther... middle of home stand vs get-away day...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Sometimes you watch this team and wonder how they're in playoff contention...
    You know I said the same thing about 5 days ago and I got no Likes....and got ripped by about 4 different posters about it. I love how some people get a pass for what they post around here but others are not. This is not against you Matt...it is for the people who basically called me out for it.

8. Likes:

New York Red (08-25-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You know I said the same thing about 5 days ago and I got no Likes....and got ripped by about 4 different posters about it. I love how some people get a pass for what they post around here but others are not. This is not against you Matt...it is for the people who basically called me out for it.
    I don't know what qualifies as a rip, but I'll say what I said earlier. Every team in contention is going to have "sleepwalking" days. It's not a good thing, but it happens. The Reds are built on pitching right now, so it stands to reason the offense is gonna have ugly days...look around MLB, offense is down.

But despite ugly days, don't miss out on the fact that the Reds are playing decent ball the past few weeks.

Matt is right, today they looked like the Astros or Marlins, but overall, they are pretty good when it comes to runs scored vs runs allowed, which has resulted in a playoff worthy W-L record.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. The hitters seemed totally disinterested. Estrada couldn't or wouldn't throw that change up for a strike and the Reds hitters just wouldn't make him throw strikes. IMO just a total lack of concentration.Maybe looking ahead to the Cardinals?
    A good game from Reynolds. You really couldn't ask for more from him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I don't know what qualifies as a rip, but I'll say what I said earlier. Every team in contention is going to have "sleepwalking" days. It's not a good thing, but it happens. The Reds are built on pitching right now, so it stands to reason the offense is gonna have ugly days...look around MLB, offense is down.

But despite ugly days, don't miss out on the fact that the Reds are playing decent ball the past few weeks.

Matt is right, today they looked like the Astros or Marlins, but overall, they are pretty good when it comes to runs scored vs runs allowed, which has resulted in a playoff worthy W-L record.

Maybe I exaggerated by saying rip. Just corrected on what I stated, which was no different that what he posted.
    I get it.....there are favorites here who post.

Right now....it has been almost all of August done with and the same hitters, doing the same things they have all year.
    I think I am more frustrated with Walt's inability to help this team more than anything else. Maybe they will get more bench help by the end of the month and avoid having to let Cozart or Heisey come up in key spots again.....for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You are exactly right. There's a group of posters on this site who base their responses solely on who they're replying to, not what they're replying to. Bunch of hypocrites and board cops.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    You are exactly right. There's a group of posters on this site who base their responses solely on who they're replying to, not what they're replying to. Bunch of hypocrites and board cops.
    I hope you realize the irony in how you're constantly ripping on others for ripping on others.

By my estimation, you're doing the same thing you're accusing others of doing. You're acting like a board cop.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I hope you realize the irony in how you're constantly ripping on others for ripping on others.

By my estimation, you're doing the same thing you're accusing others of doing. You're acting like a board cop.
    Who watches the watchers???

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post

Think what you want, I really don't care, but you'll never ever see me criticizing any other posters' opinions of the Reds or their reactions during games. Never. If you or anyone else can't see the difference, that's your problem.

You know, I'm starting to think maybe New York Red doesn't like some of us. I just wish he would be more clear about it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

17. Likes:

Brutus (08-25-2013),Raisor (08-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You know, I'm starting to think maybe New York Red doesn't like some of us. I just wish he would be more clear about it.
    I've never liked you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Who watches the watchers???
    Chuck Norris, of course.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

20. Likes:

Raisor (08-25-2013)

Turn Off Ads?