Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Re: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Have been flirting with hockey fandom the past couple of years, our ECHL team is always a fun night out. Have been watching random games on NBCSN, but have no hockey allegiance. Red Wings would make me feel like a bandwagoner, but the Blue Jackets have zero history, nor do I have any connection to Columbus. I'm an hour from Detroit though, so it'd be really easy to go to games.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Have been flirting with hockey fandom the past couple of years, our ECHL team is always a fun night out. Have been watching random games on NBCSN, but have no hockey allegiance. Red Wings would make me feel like a bandwagoner, but the Blue Jackets have zero history, nor do I have any connection to Columbus. I'm an hour from Detroit though, so it'd be really easy to go to games.
    Go to games. There's nothing like live hockey. I love baseball. It's majestic sometimes. It's wonderful. But hockey in person trumps it in my opinion.

And as much as I root against Detroit, I wouldn't call you a bandwagoner for cheering for them.

Columbus however is starting to turn a corner, now might be a good time to get in on the ground floor.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

4. Likes:

Fil3232 (10-25-2013),MikeThierry (10-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That was a terrible trade on the day it was made and it just keeps getting worse. Shattenkirk alone would have been a steal for Johnson (Shatty likely will be QBing the U.S. power play at the Olympics this winter), but to get Stewart too?

On the flip side, I'm shocked the Blues didn't get more for David Perron. Other teams should have lined up for that guy (e.g. Montreal, Florida, Islanders).
    There is some local controversy here about the Perron trade. I certainly thought they could have got more out of him but it was clearly a payroll dump to make room for Pietrangelo's new deal. I like the guy they got back and seems to fit the Blues system more than Perron does.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Go to games. There's nothing like live hockey. I love baseball. It's majestic sometimes. It's wonderful. But hockey in person trumps it in my opinion.

And as much as I root against Detroit, I wouldn't call you a bandwagoner for cheering for them.

Columbus however is starting to turn a corner, now might be a good time to get in on the ground floor.
    I totally agree here. Hockey is tailor made to be viewed live. There is nothing in sports like ice level seats where you literally feel hits on the board. Last time I went, I had my beer on the ledge where the glass was. A huge hit came in my direction and spilled my beer all over me. Yet, despite being a mess and wasting an $8 beer, I yelled "rip his head off!!". That atmosphere is amazing and I wish everyone could experience it.

Your Blues are going down tonight Mike!

8. Likes:

MikeThierry (10-10-2013)

What a game so far!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Your Blues are going down tonight Mike!
    Come again.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Ugly end to a good game.

Beautiful end to a great game.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

To each his own I suppose.

Certainly not a beautiful end. Broken stick and a bad pinch (with 30 seconds left no way would I be pinching) gives the Blues the game.

Classic match between the 2 teams. Hawks got abad break and compounded with a bad decision and Steen capitalized like he always seems to.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    To each his own I suppose.
    Something about the eye of the beholder comes to mind.

16. Likes:

Joseph (10-10-2013)

That was an awesome game that could have went either way. From what I saw switching back and fourth to the Cards game, Halak was a BOSS tonight in net. Also, Pietrangelo is a beauty to watch. Dude had 2 more assists which brings his total to 5 thus far and really made some players look bad tonight with is play. Baring injury, I think he's going to win the Norris this year.

I hope this is how Hawks/Blues games are all year. Both teams look about even in terms of strength, which is something the Blues need to show and need to do if they're going to take it to the next level. All of that said, it is early and who knows what will happen 3-5 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Something about the eye of the beholder comes to mind.
    Hey OldRightHander, how are you liking that Morrow, Roy, Stewart line? I didn't know what to expect from them but they have been playing awesome thus far in my opinion.

Seabrook pinching with 30 seconds left in a tie game was really dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?