Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Walt never called the guy the first time. Remember Saul told Walt "you have to be packed and ready to go before you make that call."

Walt was going back to pack and get the money before he called him. Since the money was gone, he never had made the call.

As far as coming back, Saul's point was that if you want it to be effective, you can't come back. It's still ultimately Walt's choice to come back if he wants to risk it.
    That was a test.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why would Jesse still be alive in 4-6 months? Surely Todd isn't still screwing up the batch after a few weeks of cooking with Jesse. He doesn't seem that inept. Maybe he is, maybe 76% is all he's ever gonna be capable of on his own.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 09-18-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

AMC announces the last 2 episodes will run 75 minutes each.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

5. Likes:

Brutus (09-18-2013),Chip R (09-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    AMC announces the last 2 episodes will run 75 minutes each.
    Is that 75 minutes actual run time or 75 minutes including commercial breaks?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Answered my own question. Will be 75 minutes total length (9-10:15 PM).

Approx. 55 minutes runtime each.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The Nazis may still be in Meth biz because 69 million doesn't go too far in overthrowing the government and killing off anybody that's not 'pure' aryan.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't know what kind of information the DEA would have on the Aryans.
    I've wondered something for awhile -- wouldn't the Aryans have been under massive surveillance since the coordinated prison murders?

Wouldn't investigation have immediately gone to -- let's see, 10 simultaneous murders throughout New Mexican prisons, what is the common thread? All killed by the Aryan prison gang (whatever their actual name is). Now why would that be? And what did all the victims have in common? (At least several would have been identifiable as related meth dealers/producers).

It would be a rather clear connection that the Aryans coordinated to kill possible meth witnesses....now why would they do this? I dunno, but we better watch those on the outside, to see what's up.

Forgive me is this was covered already, I only picked this thread up in the last couple of pages.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    I've wondered something for awhile -- wouldn't the Aryans have been under massive surveillance since the coordinated prison murders?

Wouldn't investigation have immediately gone to -- let's see, 10 simultaneous murders throughout New Mexican prisons, what is the common thread? All killed by the Aryan prison gang (whatever their actual name is). Now why would that be? And what did all the victims have in common? (At least several would have been identifiable as related meth dealers/producers).

It would be a rather clear connection that the Aryans coordinated to kill possible meth witnesses....now why would they do this? I dunno, but we better watch those on the outside, to see what's up.

Forgive me is this was covered already, I only picked this thread up in the last couple of pages.
    I don't think the DEA really ever had a good lead on who killed the prisoners, to be honest.

I don't think the DEA really ever had a good lead on who killed the prisoners, to be honest.
    I wasn't suggesting the DEA initially did, but it would have gotten back to the DEA quite quickly. The Bureau of Prisons would have known/investigated who killed all the prisoners (prison killings are almost 100% solveable among the captive population), then connected the dots and talked to the DEA. Well, in the real world anyway. Not sure this counts as a "plot hole".

I think they made it clear that these prison murders would be tough to solve, no?

They all happened extremely quickly, in cleared out areas, and the killers immediately dispersed.

In real life, prison murders might be 100% solvable, but I think it's plausible in this tv reality to think the DEA would be stymied in trying to figure these out.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Well, we have to remember that the DEA probably didn't have jurisdiction in the prison murders. They are mainly about trying to get drugs off the streets not investigate murders. If anyone is keeping tabs on the Nazis it's the FBI or ABQ police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    I wasn't suggesting the DEA initially did, but it would have gotten back to the DEA quite quickly. The Bureau of Prisons would have known/investigated who killed all the prisoners (prison killings are almost 100% solveable among the captive population), then connected the dots and talked to the DEA. Well, in the real world anyway. Not sure this counts as a "plot hole".
    I think you're way off on that. Inmate murders have traditionally carried a low conviction rate because the ones that know something usually aren't willing to talk, or at least there's not a lot of incentive to do so.

It's been a long time, but there was actually a CBS story at one point I remember seeing that said while murders in jails and prisons have gone down the past 20 years, most of them rarely ever implicate much less convict the perpetrator.

I think you're way off on that. Inmate murders have traditionally carried a low conviction rate because the ones that know something usually aren't willing to talk, or at least there's not a lot of incentive to do so.

It's been a long time, but there was actually a CBS story at one point I remember seeing that said while murders in jails and prisons have gone down the past 20 years, most of them rarely ever implicate much less convict the perpetrator.
    You are absolutely right. Prison murders are rarely ever investigated thoroughly. They figure they all work themselves out in the yard eventually.

However, ten prison murders on the same day, in a matter of minutes would definitely raise some flags. That would get looked into. But even that would be very slow going, and considering the show's timeline, it wouldn't matter much to what we've seen so far.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Who's joining me for Breaking Bad trivia night?

http://iheartpgh.com/2013/09/16/brea...-st-gastropub/
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I marathoned the first seasons on Netflix these past couple weeks. Then bought most of this season on Amazon and caught last Sunday live. 2 more live to go. Your guys posts here have been fun to read with the perfect knowledge known to me as I read.

Have you all seen this yet? How it ends comedic prediction:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1hxA_Nlf4Y
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Turn Off Ads?