Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds v. Padres 8/10/13 - Yes, Cozart is batting second

Reds v. Padres 8/10/13 - Yes, Cozart is batting second

Reds:

Choo 8, Cozart 6, Votto 3, Phillips 4, Bruce 9, Paul 7, Mesoraco 2, Hannahan 5, Cingrani 1

Padres:

Denorfia RF, Venable CF, Headley 3B, Guzman LF, Alonso 1B, Gyorko 2B, Forsythe SS, Hundley C, Ross P
    Last edited by NebraskaRed; 08-10-2013 at 03:15 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Reds v. Padres 8/10/13 - Yes, Cozart is batting second

Sometimes laughter is the best medicine

4. Likes:

Red Raindog (08-10-2013)

.....WHY

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    .....WHY
    Why does it matter?

Mez or JH are the other options at this particular juncture

The continuing hysteria over the # 2 slot is easily the most over commented aspect of this Reds season by far, it's a din

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Why does it matter?

The continuing hysteria over the # 2 slot is easily the most over commented aspect of this Reds season by far, it's a din
    Most commented and most annoying.

Frankly, it's much ado about nothing. The most optimistic projections have it "maybe" meaning a difference in two wins total over the course of a season. That means to this point in the season, all of the hand-wringing Redszone is guilty of has been about "maybe" 5-15 runs over the course of a year and very easily not even that.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Two games could mean the division or wild card. How is that insignificant?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

9. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (08-10-2013)

Watch Cozart go 4-4 tonight with 2 HR's.

11. Likes:

dabvu2498 (08-10-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (08-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Two games could mean the division or wild card. How is that insignificant?
    Two games could be added by randomness alone or by having an even worse lineup than what people perceive Dusty's to be.

That's the whole point. People are complaining about something with such a little return that it could be just as easily achieved by complete and utter luck.

People need to stop acting like "could" is the same as "should" or "would."
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The Reds have no real options currently for the 2 hole, but I just don't understand why you don't run Frazier back out there in the 2 after he actually has a good game? After coming off an 0-31.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Why does it matter?

Actually I think it's the continuing hysteria over the continuing hysteria is the most over commented aspect of the Reds season by far.

On the other hand, you could make the argument that the continuing hysteria of the continuing hysteria if the continuing hysteria is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Narron View Post
    Watch Cozart go 4-4 tonight with 2 HR's.
    On the plus side, he's got a 728 ops for August.

I'd still rather leave Frazier there the rest if the season. But what can ya do?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Actually I think it's the continuing hysteria over the continuing hysteria is the most over commented aspect of the Reds season by far.

On the other hand, you could make the argument that the continuing hysteria of the continuing hysteria if the continuing hysteria is.
    What you're saying is that no matter which way you slice it, there's a lot of continuing hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    The Reds have no real options currently for the 2 hole, but I just don't understand why you don't run Frazier back out there in the 2 after he actually has a good game? After coming off an 0-31.
    My instinct is that if Frazier were in the lineup, he'd still be in the 2-hole since it's worked the last few days. I guess the question is: why is Frazier not in the lineup? It could be that he has some sort of minor injury or wasn't feeling well, or some other reason we're not privy to. Obviously fair to wonder.

I'm sure Dusty has his reasons, though. This is what he is commended for by all his players: managing the clubhouse. The days on/off seem to be a part of that recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    My instinct is that if Frazier were in the lineup, he'd still be in the 2-hole since it's worked the last few days. I guess the question is: why is Frazier not in the lineup? It could be that he has some sort of minor injury or wasn't feeling well, or some other reason we're not privy to. Obviously fair to wonder.

I'm sure Dusty has his reasons, though. This is what he is commended for by all his players: managing the clubhouse. The days on/off seem to be a part of that recipe.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index..._home&c_id=cin

"I was hoping Todd would get his act together," Baker said. "We need him, big time. I probably won't play him tomorrow, because their guy throws a whole bunch of sliders, which is his nemesis. We'll have him back there the next day."
    In addition, I think Hannahan hits pretty well off of Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index..._home&c_id=cin

In addition, I think Hannahan hits pretty well off of Ross.
    Thanks for posting that. Makes sense. Dusty has a rhyme and reason for what he does.

Turn Off Ads?