Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jason Larue to Cards?

Jason Larue to Cards?

The tade rumor from the Kansas City Star via Rotoworild.

I know the Cards play in Kansas City next week and with Molina out for 3 to 6 weeks and this rumor has some life to it in my view. Any thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jason Larue to Cards?

Would the Cards really trade for a catcher who's hitting .113 with 22 SO and only 3 walks? And would Larue, who was VERY insistent that he wanted to be the #1 catcher, want to be used as a temporary fix?

I would be shocked if they made such a move.

Maybe LaRue sees it as an opportunity to play in a little more spotlight. Since they're the reigning WS champs, the Cardinals are going to get a ton more air time than the Royals. If LaRue can string together a few weeks back in the NL and on TV, he increases the value of his next contract (which should be no where near the size of his last one).
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Good point. The Cards certainly enjoy a brigher spotlight than the Royals.

I still would be shocked if the Cards went with Larue.

It makes more sense than you'd think. He played in the NL Central for his entire career. He knows a lot of the pitchers he'd be up against. I'd have to believe his batting average would go up...

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    It makes more sense than you'd think. He played in the NL Central for his entire career. He knows a lot of the pitchers he'd be up against. I'd have to believe his batting average would go up...
    That can cut both ways though, the pitchers will be familiar with him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    That can cut both ways though, the pitchers will be familiar with him as well.
    Yes, but the bottom line is his career numbers (where he played in the NL Central) are much higher than what he has put up this season.

This would boost up the reds pitchers strike out totals.

Yes, but the bottom line is his career numbers (where he played in the NL Central) are much higher than what he has put up this season.
    True. There's this widely held belief that AL pitching is better than NL pitching (I'm not sure I 100% agree with it), so in that case, LaRue does himself a service switching leagues again. Who knows? Maybe the Cards do get that desperate. Of course, in their current position they're more likely to be sellers than buyers.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

High five!

Heh, true...but hard for them not to be!

got alil captain in u?

walt jocketty cannot be that desperate to trade for jason larue

And maybe more importantly from the Cards point of view, he knows a lot of the batters their pitchers will be facing.

Turn Off Ads?