Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    That question could be interperted many ways, so let me give you my scenario.

I will answer what QB would I want starting for my team in 2011, assuming that QB has had the offseason to get familiar with my imaginary team.

Before Manning, I would take (in no order)

Vick (injury risk of course), Brady, Brees, Cassell (yes Cassell of the 22 TD and 4 INT...really coming into his own this year), Big Ben, Rivers, Ryan, Rodgers

Intriguing names to be would be Bradford,Flacco,Orton....but I won't lie and say I'd choose them over Peyton for 2011.

So that puts him at #9 on my NFL QB list. Thats good, but not top-shelf for me. No shame in that. And I still think the Superbowl throw was a choke...I hope you don't think I'm a bad person for that.
    Lets just say I am glad you are not the GM of my favorite football team .
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I maybe blinded by my fandum in terms of believing he's still a top QB, time will tell, but I'm not wrong about that SB pick.
    I agree with you, Manning has his faults but it has to be a concindence that his performance went south when Dallas Clark, Joe Addai, Anthony Gonzalez and Austin Collie started missing games.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Vick (injury risk of course), Brady, Brees, Cassell (yes Cassell of the 22 TD and 4 INT...really coming into his own this year), Big Ben, Rivers, Ryan, Rodgers
    Those guys all do have 100yds/game rushing attacks and most of them have their starters. I think it's kinda silly to pick Matt Cassell. He has the best rushing attack in football. Curtis Painter could probably put up decent numbers in that offense, jk. Cassell's only had to throw 323 times, Mannings put it up 486 times.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I maybe blinded by my fandum in terms of believing he's still a top QB, time will tell, but I'm not wrong about that SB pick.
    I don't see what you are seeing then. Am I right to say that you think Wayne ran the wrong route or turned the wrong way? I don't see that.

Watching the final shot in your video from above, I see a ball that would have been caught by Wayne had Porter not jumped the route.

Nice play by Porter, of course, but you have to be aware of a DB looking to jump a route...something Manning missed.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...by-220129.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-218141

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ing/index.html

Nowhere do I hear a mention of how Manning and Wayne were not on the same page.

Those guys all do have 100yds/game rushing attacks and most of them have their starters. I think it's kinda silly to pick Matt Cassell. He has the best rushing attack in football. Curtis Painter could probably put up decent numbers in that offense, jk. Cassell's only had to throw 323 times, Mannings put it up 486 times.
    I expect to take some heat on the Cassell choice, so I will grant you that. But I like the guy. What can I say.

I don't see what you are seeing then. Am I right to say that you think Wayne ran the wrong route or turned the wrong way? I don't see that.

Watching the final shot in your video from above, I see a ball that would have been caught by Wayne had Porter not jumped the route.

Nice play by Porter, of course, but you have to be aware of a DB looking to jump a route...something Manning missed.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...by-220129.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-218141

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ing/index.html

Nowhere do I hear a mention of how Manning and Wayne were not on the same page.
    I've watched them run that play enough to say that I'm 95% sure that Manning thought Wayne was going to cut in front of Porter sooner. I really don't think he was supposed to juke Porter then cut in. I wouldn't expect Manning or Wayne to say anything about not being on the same page. Phil Simms even says in the replay the timing was not there. And you see Peyton go over and talk to Wayne as they're walking off the field, they're body language didn't seem as though they were on the same page.

Also, Porter was back peddling until the ball was in the air. It was a good play but he didn't start forward until the ball was coming toward him.

I expect to take some heat on the Cassell choice, so I will grant you that. But I like the guy. What can I say.
    He's good, that's for sure. He's doing what the Cheifs need him to do, I just don't think he's elite.

That question could be interperted many ways, so let me give you my scenario.

I will answer what QB would I want starting for my team in 2011, assuming that QB has had the offseason to get familiar with my imaginary team.

Before Manning, I would take (in no order)

Intriguing names to be would be Bradford,Flacco,Orton....but I won't lie and say I'd choose them over Peyton for 2011.

So that puts him at #9 on my NFL QB list. Thats good, but not top-shelf for me. No shame in that. And I still think the Superbowl throw was a choke...I hope you don't think I'm a bad person for that.
    It's obvious you are just a Manning hater (and I'm not even a Colts fan)... You sound like Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless. When you have such a strong opinion about something and you're standing alone... theres a good chance that you are emotionally involved (hate for Manning), saying things for attention, or you are just plum crazy. Which is it?

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

If the Colts were healthy, the only teams that would "scare" me in the playoffs would be the Chargers and Patriots, because they always play Indy tough and have good teams.

The Jets have barely won many of their games in what looks to be an easy schedule.

The Steelers were lucky to win against Buffalo yesterday and their offensive line is swiss cheese.

The Ravens are tough, but they seem like the type of team the Colts beat consistently. Give Manning a drive or two to figure out what the defense is doing and watch him pick it apart.

That said, the Colts have to get healthy. If not, they will be lucky to finish above .500 this year.

And this off-season I think the priorities have to be O-line, D-line and secondary. Add some help there and the "dead" Colts legacy will spring back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    It's obvious you are just a Manning hater (and I'm not even a Colts fan)... You sound like Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless. When you have such a strong opinion about something and you're standing alone... theres a good chance that you are emotionally involved (hate for Manning), saying things for attention, or you are just plum crazy. Which is it?
    I thought you were better than that Team Selig. Some real cheap shots in that post. I can't even express how disgusted I am with that personal attack.

To everyone else. All I am saying is that I have Manning as the 9th best QB in the league going into the 2011 season. When you look at the numbers, it is not that unfathomable. QB Rating is not everything I know, but he is 15th in the NFL as I type this. (I have him as ninth best) I respect others opinions on this and I know Peyton has had quite the career, as I said, he is a top 5 QB all time for me. A real class act and great diplomat for the NFL. Maybe the most intelligent field general who has ever played. So please don't say I hate the guy...he is one of the few in the spotlight who for all purposes don't have a blemish on him vis a vis his off field actions.

And I will leave it at that.

I thought you were better than that Team Selig. Some real cheap shots in that post. I can't even express how disgusted I am with that personal attack.

To everyone else. All I am saying is that I have Manning as the 9th best QB in the league going into the 2011 season. When you look at the numbers, it is not that unfathomable. QB Rating is not everything I know, but he is 15th in the NFL as I type this. (I have him as ninth best) I respect others opinions on this and I know Peyton has had quite the career, as I said, he is a top 5 QB all time for me. A real class act and great diplomat for the NFL. Maybe the most intelligent field general who has ever played. So please don't say I hate the guy...he is one of the few in the spotlight who for all purposes don't have a blemish on him vis a vis his off field actions.

And I will leave it at that.
    A few weeks ago he was near #1 in almost all the qb stats. You weren't saying he was 9th best then.

He loses all his offense and add in the fact that the D knows he's throwing nearly every play because they have no running game and they're almost always losing because the Colts defense is also shorthanded. I don't see another qb doing much better than Peyton in that situation.

I'm usually open for any debate. I'm pretty sure I'm not even willing to listen to the opinions of someone that thinks Peyton Manning is the 9th best NFL Qb.

I mean that with no personal disrespect. I just doubt that person knows anything about this subject.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Hey as long as it is respectful I will take the heat for my position. I just think Peyton is entering the downside of his career and around the league there are some outstanding young arms.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Hey as long as it is respectful I will take the heat for my position. I just think Peyton is entering the downside of his career and around the league there are some outstanding young arms.
    Question: was Peyton entering the downside of his career through the first 8 weeks or so of this season? Do you think the drastic difference in his results since then are more of a reflection of his declining skills or the myriad of injuries to the Colts?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Question: was Peyton entering the downside of his career through the first 8 weeks or so of this season? Do you think the drastic difference in his results since then are more of a reflection of his declining skills or the myriad of injuries to the Colts?
    1) Yes

2) Some of both.

I am wondering if an injury or bothersome ailment that hasn't been disclosed is lurking around as well, FYI.

Turn Off Ads?