Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday 8-4-11 Minor League Updates

Thursday 8-4-11 Minor League Updates

Great start for the Oak Hills kid, Joel Bender, of the AZL Reds: 6 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 7 K.

Juan Francisco has hit a rehab homer, and it's 1-0 in the ninth, with Chacin in for the save.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thursday 8-4-11 Minor League Updates

Chacin gets it done for a 1-0 final.

The Carolina Mudcats and Huntsville Stars game has been postponed due to field conditions for this evening. The game will not be made up.

Thursday's game also represented the last-ever meeting between the clubs, with the Mudcats winning the all-time series...130-129!

The Huntsville attendance has been very poor as in recent years. I'm surprised they manage to keep a team there, especially at AA level.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Kyle Lotzkar is on the mound in Dayton. You can watch it online here: http://www.whiotv.com/7weathernow/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Kyle Lotzkar is on the mound in Dayton. You can watch it online here: http://www.whiotv.com/7weathernow/index.html
    Thanks, Doug. That's excellent.

Two quick observations on Lotzkar. I didn't realize his arm angle was so low. And it's surprising to me that, with that arm angle, he's able to get such a drop on his breaking ball. Also, he's a good-sized guy.

Thanks Doug Lotzkar scoreless thru 2. He gave up 2 singles in the 2nd. Both grounders thru the right side. He's also got 5 K's in 2 innings. He's more of a "slinger" then I remember. Also throwing some nice breaking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Thanks Doug Lotzkar scoreless thru 2. He gave up 2 singles in the 2nd. Both grounders thru the right side. He's also got 5 K's in 2 innings. He's more of a "slinger" then I remember. Also throwing some nice breaking stuff.
    Lotzkar still gets his elbow higher than I would like, but it isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. Still a bit scary, but I feel better about it than I used to.

Lotzkar has 8 K's thru 4. The announcers said he is on 50 pitch count so won't be in much longer. 2 hits no BB's

In bottom of 4, Hamilton and Torreyes lead off with singles and Vidal gets hit in elbow. Bases loaded nobody out.

Lutz gets broken bat grounder to drive in 2. Lutz takes 2nd on throw. 2nd and 3rd no one out.

Polk K's but Berset hits grounder to 2b who boots it. 4-0 Dragons.

Duran hits grounder off top of bat that becomes a double play. End of inning.

Gerson starts next inning.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 08-04-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Nothing happened in the 5th for either team. WHIO likes you to refresh a lot.....

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Nothing happened in the 5th for either team. WHIO likes you to refresh a lot.....
    If you have a windows computer, just right click the video, go to properties and copy the URL. Then open up Windows Media Player and hit ctrl U, then paste the link and hit enter. No longer do you have to acknowledge that you are still watching the stream.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned from the Dayton game. In the first, Torreyes actually struck out. I KNOW! Stunning, isn't it. :O) 162 ab's...and he's got TEN. Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned from the Dayton game. In the first, Torreyes actually struck out. I KNOW! Stunning, isn't it. :O) 162 ab's...and he's got TEN. Sheesh!
    He is now at 11. He came into the game with 10. He needs a walk tonight to even out his walks and strikeouts.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He is now at 11. He came into the game with 10. He needs a walk tonight to even out his walks and strikeouts.
    Yep. Sorry. I looked at his dragons' stat page..it hasn't updated yet.

Turn Off Ads?