Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First of Many Good Series Between the Reds & Cardinals

Re: First of Many Good Series Between the Reds & Cardinals

Rubber match today.

Birdos up 1-0 on a Beltran bomb.

Man, talk about a strongly pitched series. That... or both offense are just putrid right now. I suspect it's a little bit of both.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cards are what the Reds want to be in every way.

If we cant beat them fair..maybe we should start to cheat

Just don't have the players that they do. They have 1 or 2 black holes at the most. We have 6. 5 when Bruce is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    Just don't have the players that they do. They have 1 or 2 black holes at the most. We have 6. 5 when Bruce is hot.
    You are either a Cards fan with. Reds name, hopelessly pessimistic or unaware of the Reds lineup's track records which almost always will end up very close to norms by seasons end. Cold starts are not unusual for hitters as April tends to be the month they are catching up with pitching plus the Reds have faced excellent oitching in almost every series...pitching that is for real and not just against the Reds.

As for Cards fans here I see the growing number as testament to the growing rivalry between teams that are both good. That and their forum is pretty poor which is acompliment to Boss And crew. Besides I like getting viewpoints that aren't all Rosy Red. If they are here to discuss and opine great! The Reds have a rich tradition but give Saint Loo props there. They are one of the few teams whose history may outshine the Queen cities.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    As for Cards fans here I see the growing number as testament to the growing rivalry between teams that are both good. That and their forum is pretty poor which is acompliment to Boss And crew. Besides I like getting viewpoints that aren't all Rosy Red. If they are here to discuss and opine great! The Reds have a rich tradition but give Saint Loo props there. They are one of the few teams whose history may outshine the Queen cities.

The Cubs will always be our natural rival, but I absolutely consider what we have to be a rivalry, much like the rivalry we had with the Astros in the early to mid/late 2000's.

I would say Cardinals fans have a bit more respect/admiration for those Astros teams, unfortunately... but I feel like that's a result of our little brawl a few years ago and Dat Dude's not-so-complimentary comments about St. Louis some time ago as well. To me, that's a shame because the Reds have a lot of good pros on their team, but that's how things shake out.

I do enjoy this site . Honestly, I'm not a fan of any of the true Cardinals designated sites. Most are filled with crazies or extremists. There doesn't appear to be one single site that manages that well for Cardinals fans. Maybe that's the nature of having a large fanbase; you have a lot of nuts out there.

Personally, the best Birds discussion I get -- with exceptional Cards fans -- is a St. Louis based site that discusses sports, culture, politics, music. They have a gameday thread every day, and it's quite entertaining and informative.

Anyway, I'm hoping that I'll get approval one of these days to post in the game threads on the Sun Deck segment of the site; mostly because few people post here.

While I may disagree with Reds fans, I don't troll. That seems immature and idiotic to me. And I'd really only come over here before, during, and after a series. But anyway.

We'll see you guys soon... Lotta season left.

8. Likes:

TDogg (05-02-2013)

Affable Opponent

Well said, Bob. I have no animosity towards Cincinnati or the Reds. Just enjoy good baseball

Turn Off Ads?