Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: So who hyped up this guy Owings.

Re: So who hyped up this guy Owings.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    We could actually use the DH for someone else, right? Would it be too damaging to the confidence of Paul Janish if Owings hit for himself and someone DHes for Janish?
    Yes, I know for sure high schools do it. The only problem is that if Owings were to be taken out, that pitcher would be assigned a spot in the batting order, correct?
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by chettt View Post
    I was at the game in Milwaukee for this start. I drove 4 1/2 hours to get there. He wasn't THAT bad. He wasn't responsible for this loss. Tie game with one runner on when he left the game. The bullpen gave up that runner plus 4 more that inning & 3 more later. Owings will be ok. He just didn't throw enough strikes. In my opinion, he was trying to throw that perfect pitch every time instead on throwing a good pitch. As I stated before, Owings will be just fine. By the way, Homer hasn't set the International League on fire.
    After yesterday's game (yes, I was in attendance, I think we would take this output from Owings every time.

Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Bump.

3 wins for Owings (4 all of last year in the 5th spot).

Can't complain.

I think Owings is a great addition to the team.

.......and Owings is your winner!!!

Who would have thought Owings would out pitch the D-Backs ace?

Votto = MVP

He definitely brings something to the 5th spot in the rotation that we've been missing.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

Owings is a solid number 5 for the most part and if you figure in his bat you actually have a pretty good ball player.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I knew this thread would make its way to the top.... nice win by owings tonight but it was against one of the worst offensive teams in all of baseball that just fired their manager.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Dude Rock

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I knew this thread would make its way to the top.... nice win by owings tonight but it was against one of the worst offensive teams in all of baseball that just fired their manager.
    Way to go negative Nelly. Dan Haren had an e.r.a. below 2.00 starting the game and Owings had an e.r.a. over 5.00.

Stop with the negativity. Great effort by Owings and the small-ball philosophy.

Owings' ERA just dropped about one-tenth of a run lower than Volquez.

We should get rid of this bum Volquez.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Hasnt "that" team been us the last several years, either with hitting or pitching, we have been that team that people arent impressed if they beat us. I am enjoying not being that team now!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Honestly he should be the 4th spot guy. Arroyo the 5th spot guy. That is what Arroyo was in Boston and should be. The guy who tries to mop up a bad series, or tries to battle against another 5 spot guy. People can figure out the breaking balls much easier it seems lately.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    Honestly he should be the 4th spot guy. Arroyo the 5th spot guy. That is what Arroyo was in Boston and should be. The guy who tries to mop up a bad series, or tries to battle against another 5 spot guy. People can figure out the breaking balls much easier it seems lately.

I'm not sure it matters at this point who's the 4 and who's the 5. Its not like 4's only pitch against other 4's and so on. At this point in the season anyone could pitch against anyone, like last night when our "5" beat Arizona's "1".
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Yes, I know for sure high schools do it. The only problem is that if Owings were to be taken out, that pitcher would be assigned a spot in the batting order, correct?
    American League DH rules dictate that only the pitcher can have a DH.

Turn Off Ads?