Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs Jets - 1st Playoff win in 19 years...yeah right

Re: Bengals vs Jets - 1st Playoff win in 19 years

I hope the thread title is prophetic. Who Dey.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No predictions from me. The majority of predictions I've seen say Bengals by less than a score. That usually spells doom for them in a tight match-up.

If they win, I will be more than pleased.... if they win another playoff game... I won't believe it. If they lose... I will be disappointed... if they lose big... I will hurt my television.

I think the city deserves (at the very least) a win! Redszone could use something to cheer about too!!

Good news 5 of the 6 morons on ESPN picked the Jets, bad news is the one guy who picked the Bengals was Chris Berman.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I have a bad feeling about this game, but so far when I get this feeling, we usually win, FWIW.

I did like hearing that we will have Crocker, Petko, and Geathers back. Hopefully Geathers can create some major pressure like he was before his injury.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I struggle to see how a Jets offense that has struggled throughout the season will put up 27 on the Bengals.
    They kinda sorta did just last week.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I was at that playoff game against the Jets 28 years ago today. The grudge I have had since then is only barely eclipsed by the ones held against the 49ers and Steelers. I'm viewing today as payback time, a long time coming.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I was at that playoff game against the Jets 28 years ago today. The grudge I have had since then is only barely eclipsed by the ones held against the 49ers and Steelers. I'm viewing today as payback time, a long time coming.
    When Trumpy used to call games for NBC, he would always say, "These two teams play weird football games."

Don't know how right he was, but he was referring to turnover TD's and weird plays in general, and it might have been that 01/09/1983 playoff game he was talking about.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 01-09-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    You're having Freeman McNeil flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Good news 5 of the 6 morons on ESPN picked the Jets, bad news is the one guy who picked the Bengals was Chris Berman.
    Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison also picked the Jets on NBC, with Harrison going so far to say about Cincinnati: "they are frauds, I don't believe in them and the Jets win this easy."
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Jets 23, Bengals 14

The Bengals are almost as big of frauds as Rodney Harrison's old drug screen results.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison also picked the Jets on NBC, with Harrison going so far to say about Cincinnati: "they are frauds, I don't believe in them and the Jets win this easy."
    Was Rodney Harrison thinking of making a comeback with the Bengals and then they pulled the offer or something? He's said they were 'frauds' or something similar every chance he got this season.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Bengals 17, Jets 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    They kinda sorta did just last week.
    Your actually going to count what you saw on the field last week as gospel. Vanilla gameplan, no Ced, Crocker, Peko, and Geathers as well. I suppose the Jets will go in and dominate Indy too. It will be a much different game today.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Was Rodney Harrison thinking of making a comeback with the Bengals and then they pulled the offer or something? He's said they were 'frauds' or something similar every chance he got this season.
    This might not be far fetched. I heard a story about Craig Krenzel holding a grudge against the Bengals because they would not allow him to wear his number from college.

Turn Off Ads?