Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Offseason News

Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    ESPN reports that Kidd had a change of heart, and will join the NY Knicks. I wonder if Tyson Chandler gave him a call. I think his pass-first style fits the Knicks, and he'll be a good mentor to Lin (assuming the Knicks match, if Lin ever actually signs Houston's deal).
    From what I have read they used Lin as part of deal to get Kidd - - come here, mentor Lin and make us Eastern elite.

Now, go get Camby to back up Chandler and Stat and resign Novak and Smith and the Knicks look much better.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Blazers just complete meeting w/Batum and agent in downtown Portland and say they will match any offer and will not engage in sign-and-trade

Damnit

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    From what I have read they used Lin as part of deal to get Kidd - - come here, mentor Lin and make us Eastern elite.

Now, go get Camby to back up Chandler and Stat and resign Novak and Smith and the Knicks look much better.
    You better hope Kidd does a whole lot more mentoring than playing. He shot 36% last year and had a 13 PER (league average is 15). He was absolutely dreadful. BTW, this Knicks team would have been devastating in 2006.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I think Nash and Kobe can work it out. There may be issues at first, but I think Kobe will allow Nash to have the ball in his hands enough to be successful. If Kobe trusts you, you're fine. He didn't trust ANYONE on that team last season. Hence the ball-hogging.

I think the Nash deal may help reinvigorate the career of Pau Gasol. Certainly can't hurt.
    That is strange, because Bynum is the 2nd best center in the game and Gasol is a top 5 PF. What exactly will Kobe respect?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    That is strange, because Bynum is the 2nd best center in the game and Gasol is a top 5 PF. What exactly will Kobe respect?
    You really think he respected those guys last year? Pau played like a big wuss and God knows where Bynum's head is half the time. Kobe called out Pau on more than one occasion, and Bynum has never been a Kobe favorite. That team was a mess last year.

part of BBN

Ray Allen to add some bench power to the Champs. Sort of surprised he is leaving Boston.

Allen will help that team a bunch. At crunchtime, look for Allen, Wade, LeBron, Bosh, and Battier to play.

That's enough, IMO, to give them another ring, assuming no injuries and no one does anything monstrous between now and the playoffs. (Howard going to LA without giving up Gasol, for example.)

Minnesota did sign Brandon Roy and Nic Batum

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Orlando has agreed to a sign-and-trade deal, sending restricted free agent forward Ryan Anderson to New Orleans for forward Gustavo Ayon, a person familiar with the agreement said.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the NBA's trade moratorium prevents clubs from announcing such moves before July 11.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Why Orlando would do that is hard to fathom. Love that deal for New Orleans. Anderson gives the Hornets a very nice perimeter scorer to team with Davis, Jack, and Rivers. That's three or four 15 point a game guys, two of whom can shoot from 3 at a decent percentage. Add a small forward that can slash and a big who can rebound and throw around his weight, and you've got a solid .500 or better team.

(And perhaps Gordon, though I'd do a sign-and-trade deal in that instance, as Gordon's gone on record as saying he wants to play in Phoenix. Perhaps New Orleans would take Marcin Gortat and a couple 1st rounders for him.)

They still need a small forward (Courney Lee would be an ideal fit).

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Minnesota did sign Brandon Roy and Nic Batum
    Be interesting if Portland declines the option on Batum.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Be interesting if Portland declines the option on Batum.
    I hope they do a S&T for Ridnour +pick.

Would be nice to free up an additional 4 mil in salary to see if they could swing Courtney Lee and Steisma by chance as well

Rubio/Barea
    Lee/Roy
    Batum/Budinger
    Love/Williams
    Pekovic/Steimsma

Dream offseason, that team would make the playoffs

Rubio/Barea
    Lee/Roy
    Batum/Budinger
    Love/Williams
    Pekovic/Steimsma

That team would be a top four seed even in the West, IMO.

The Lakers are probably better (though 4/5 of their starting lineup are old, older, and ancient.)
    OKC has a better roster.

Who else matches up?

Not San Antonio.
    Memphis? I don't think so.
    The Clips have better top end talent, but Minnesota's bench would be much better. Call it a push.

No one else is close.

I hope they do a S&T for Ridnour +pick.

Would be nice to free up an additional 4 mil in salary to see if they could swing Courtney Lee and Steisma by chance as well

Rubio/Barea
    Lee/Roy
    Batum/Budinger
    Love/Williams
    Pekovic/Steimsma

Just my impression, but I think Batum and Budinger are similar, if not redundant, players. Both hyper-athletic SFs who do little more than jack 3s. Batum is just 23 though and has all the ability in the world. His defense is wildly overrated though (some metrics have him as a negative contributor), as he's more of a flashy, weak-side shot blocking, lane-gambling defender.

I think a change of scenery may serve Batum well. Maybe Adelman could tap all that potential.

I'd really like the think the Blazers could get more than Ridnour and some mid-first picks though.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Just my impression, but I think Batum and Budinger are similar, if not redundant, players. Both hyper-athletic SFs who do little more than jack 3s. Batum is just 23 though and has all the ability in the world. His defense is wildly overrated though (some metrics have him as a negative contributor), as he's more of a flashy, weak-side shot blocking, lane-gambling defender.

I think a change of scenery may serve Batum well. Maybe Adelman could tap all that potential.

I'd really like the think the Blazers could get more than Ridnour and some mid-first picks though.
    I know Batum did not adapt at all to McMillan's offensive philosophy where he basically stood in teh corner and shot 3's.

If anyone's gonna get the best out of him, it will be Adelman.

In regards to Budinger, his numbers under Adelman in Houston were much better than they were under McHale also.
    Last edited by 5TimeWSChamps; 07-09-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Turn Off Ads?