Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

We need to win a freaking road game. I know that kid played out if his mind but this is the third time the execution down the stretch has been dreadful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I'll be suprised if this game is close. Illinois barely beat Nebraska at home on Sunday. Famous last words but that's my prediction.
    What was this idiot thinking?

All I got to say is this team has a long way to go to climb back up the mountain.

Buford, man, he has got to be one of the most frustrating players, just very careless with the ball and is not a consistent outside threat.

The achilles heel is outside shooting. That needs to change or they are going to continue to struggle on the road against even an average team. That was my early take on the team, and it continues to be a problem.

But then, when it comes down to it, a guy in the zone has led to many upsets. Tonight, that was what it came down to, no matter how much slobbering Dakich did over Leonard (it was getting Vitale gushy, ick).

But then, when you're most experienced player is also the most careless player on the floor...
    Last edited by traderumor; 01-10-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    We need to win a freaking road game. I know that kid played out if his mind but this is the third time the execution down the stretch has been dreadful.
    I don't think that game really says much about OSU one way or the other. Not only did Paul have the game of his life, Illinois as a team was ridiculous from 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't think that game really says much about OSU one way or the other. Not only did Paul have the game of his life, Illinois as a team was ridiculous from 3.

Yea, probably. What it says to me is that Bruce Weber has the age old problem type team, playing to the level of competition. Barely slide by Nebraska Sunday, just cracking 50 points, then light it up from 3 tonight.

But Ohio State really worries me as having a ton of talent, but they just don't have the outside threat to kick it into another gear.

Neither team had a player off the bench score a point.

That's not unusual for the Buckeyes Texas Dave, but I'm surprised that Illinois was able to stay with them. It seems like teams that have success against OSU are the ones that have some guys off the bench who can score in the few minutes when the Buckeyes starters go to the bench.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

This team just isn't getting it done on the road for whatever reason. But each time I want to give them grief, this game still comes down to Paul's historic night.

However, Mr. Paul, getting in Buford's and Sully's face will probably mean a rough night at the Schott. I was waiting for a taunting technical like Amir Williams for simply doing a shout after a dunk one game. Guess that was a preseason rule.

Hoo's your daddy?

Hoo's your daddy?
    Lol!! Oh man, very clever. Because we're the Hoosiers and it kinda sounds like "who's your" and you guys just beat us like you were our daddy. I hadnt seen that all put together before.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Lol!! Oh man, very clever. Because we're the Hoosiers and it kinda sounds like "who's your" and you guys just beat us like you were our daddy. I hadnt seen that all put together before.

You mad?

Well as Marty would say, that was a good old fashioned butt whooping. It's a bad sign when I felt good that IU was only down 21 at half time.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Well as Marty would say, that was a good old fashioned butt whooping. It's a bad sign when I felt good that IU was only down 21 at half time.
    I actually thought that after a good start OSU played pretty lackluster basketball. But they did play good defense until about 5 minutes left in the game.

Talking about OSU they need a 6th man to step up. I was shocked to see Smith Jr. go off because he looked bad against Illinois. But I still think they need a spark off the bench, something that Thad has not really done during the past few years.

Indiana to me seems like a boom or bust team. They seem too reliant on the 3 ball which can be good and can be very bad. It can get especially tough on the road because of different backdrops. Crean has them playing very hard and a tough style of basketball. They just need to ease the reliance of the 3 ball.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Indiana to me seems like a boom or bust team. They seem too reliant on the 3 ball which can be good and can be very bad. It can get especially tough on the road because of different backdrops. Crean has them playing very hard and a tough style of basketball. They just need to ease the reliance of the 3 ball.
    I think it's easy to draw that conclusion from the last week especially. But when Indiana's playing well, the three point shot is a much smaller percentage of the overall game.

What Indiana hasn't done a great job of is establishing any half court offense. IU usually does a good job of creating points from defense and transitioning to offense, but that hasn't been the case going all the way back to the Michigan game.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I actually thought that after a good start OSU played pretty lackluster basketball. But they did play good defense until about 5 minutes left in the game.

Talking about OSU they need a 6th man to step up. I was shocked to see Smith Jr. go off because he looked bad against Illinois. But I still think they need a spark off the bench, something that Thad has not really done during the past few years.
    The image I got was of the bully putting his hand on the little kid's forehead as the little kid tries and tries to connect with anything. IU always seemed to be one decent run from getting back into the game and that run never came.

Smith Jr. must really like playing Indiana, if you hold everything else constant and hold him to his career average, IU wins.(I'm only half joking. It seemed like the initial game plan was to always double off of him, and he certainly made IU pay.)

Is that just how Matta operates, or has that only been the case the last two years where OSU has gone only 7-8 deep and the bench was mainly for decoration?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I think it's easy to draw that conclusion from the last week especially. But when Indiana's playing well, the three point shot is a much smaller percentage of the overall game.

What Indiana hasn't done a great job of is establishing any half court offense. IU usually does a good job of creating points from defense and transitioning to offense, but that hasn't been the case going all the way back to the Michigan game.
    I haven't seen much of IU play so I will defer to you on that. They did say that IU makes the most number of 3's/game in the Big Ten. Anytime you have a team like that they will look bad when they aren't knocking down the shots. They said they averaged 8/game which is around 1/3 of your scoring offense.

That may have been the best D that I have seen OSU play since the Duke game. They harrassed a less talented team and made them take bad shots. The defense was unrelenting until about the 5 minute mark when it got sloppy.

As for Zeller I wasn't all that impressed. Nice player but not as good as he was hyped to be. He will be a good developmental player but not the type of guy with an immediate bigtime impact.

Turn Off Ads?