Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Indianapolis has looked pretty bad lately. I like our chances next week.

This win was big, especially with Baltimore getting it together.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bengals D holds San Diego to a season low point total. And that's without the unit's two best players.

Edit: two of the best three. Burfict is the second best defender behind Geno.

Never thought I'd say this but the Bengals are finding ways to win.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

5. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (12-01-2013),UKFlounder (12-01-2013)

Can we nominate Zimmer for coach of the yr! He keeps dealing no matter who gets hurt.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

7. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (12-01-2013),Kingspoint (12-06-2013),New York Red (12-01-2013),UKFlounder (12-01-2013)

I still can't sort out this team.

I don't think they are really good, but they also don't seem to be 'Bengalized' either. Fighters at the least.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Weird feeling after that game. Even though the final was one TD difference, I never felt like the Bengals could lose the game.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Glad they won and I think they're a good team but in the back of my head, I just know Dalton won't be able to lead us to any championships. When's he's "on," he's a good manager and getting the pass to easy/open targets. When's he's "off," he's simply terrible. Unfortunately, he's usually "off" for half a game. That simply won't work in the playoffs.

11. Likes:

WMR (12-03-2013)

I think the difference in the playoffs will be the play of the offensive line. Today they played great and the Bengals were able to impose their will on the Chargers. If the Bengals are to have a chance of beating some of the more potent offenses in the AFC, it's going to be by making sustained drives, keeping the defense fresh and keeping guys like Manning, Brady, and Luck on the sidelines.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Boling done for the season with a significant knee injury. I would imagine Whit will move inside and Collins will play tackle. I like that configuration better going forward.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Boling done for the season with a significant knee injury. I would imagine Whit will move inside and Collins will play tackle. I like that configuration better going forward.
    Very astutue. I couldn't believe how quickly the line picked it up after Boling went out. Without a doubt, that line with Collins/Whit was better than the line we opened the game with. That was a powerful line and it addresses a key weakness of this team and that is weakness up the middle. The Boling injury was a blessing in disguise. An Andy Dalton led offense has to have a power run game. This bit about Andy throwing it 45-50 times a game has to stop

One thing to consider, the path through the Super Bowl is going to lead through cold weather cities. I don't expect Indy to do much down the stretch and can see the Bengals getting the 3 seed in the AFC. From there the games would be played in Cincy, Denver, NE and then a SB in NYC. Ugly, smash mouth games may be how they are won in January and February.

I was able to catch the 2nd half but it sounded like the Bengals offensive play calling was pretty poor in the 1st half. Sometimes Gruden gets into a rut and the play calling really suffers. What I do like with the current staff is they seem to make the proper adjustments at half.

On the defensive side, holding Rivers and co to 10 points is a pretty impressive performance. Burfict probably won't, but should get consideration for defensive POY in the NFL. Guy is a beast on the field.

16. Likes:

New York Red (12-02-2013),wolfboy (12-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    One thing to consider, the path through the Super Bowl is going to lead through cold weather cities. I don't expect Indy to do much down the stretch and can see the Bengals getting the 3 seed in the AFC. From there the games would be played in Cincy, Denver, NE and then a SB in NYC. Ugly, smash mouth games may be how they are won in January and February.

I was able to catch the 2nd half but it sounded like the Bengals offensive play calling was pretty poor in the 1st half. Sometimes Gruden gets into a rut and the play calling really suffers. What I do like with the current staff is they seem to make the proper adjustments at half.

On the defensive side, holding Rivers and co to 10 points is a pretty impressive performance. Burfict probably won't, but should get consideration for defensive POY in the NFL. Guy is a beast on the field.
    In fairness to Gruden, due to the Chargers playing keep away, the Bengals only got 5 possessions in the first half and one of them ended in an INT. The other in a TD

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

He really should get some serious consideration. Unfortunately, he hasn't entirely shaken his pre-Bengals reputation.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Never thought I'd say this but the Bengals are finding ways to win.
    No kidding. This is the type of game that past Bengals teams used to lose with regularity. Quite impressive the turn-around under Lewis (and Mike Brown seemingly getting out of the way).

It's also nice to see Lewis starting to fix some of the bad in-game decisions he used to make (some as recently as last season). I've always said he was one of the very best non-game coaches in the NFL. His teams are always prepared, he knows how to handle personnel, and seems to implement solid game plans. If he can fix his in-game coaching issues, the Bengals are going to go a long way this year, even with Dalton.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Who will be brought in as backup? I toss this out there as a serious consideration, but what about Jonathan Martin?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?