Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Anti-Jinx Thread

The Anti-Jinx Thread

Ok... the last time we started to get on a mini roll, ORG had a thread about us being so much better than the Cardinals the baseball gods responded to our hubris and we got slapped down pretty hard.

Now just when things start going well again, the big ORG thread is that we will win the division by four games. ARGHH!

I will admit it right up front... while I may be the most scientific, show me the proof guy out there for most things in my life, I am incredibly superstitious when it comes to gambling and being a baseball fan. I cannot stand idly by and let ORG jinx us again!

Like everyone else here on the Deck, I am a plebian who does not have the right to talk to the nobles directly. Instead I am just going to start creating counter-jinx threads to hopefully cancel theirs out.

No, I am not gonna predict doom and gloom or fall into negativity just to counter balance their braggadacio... instead I am gonna stick with a cliche right out of Crash Davis' book of wisdom:

"We gotta play it one day at a time."

Dear ORG:

"'Course it's boring, that's the point. Write it down."

Brisco

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Anti-Jinx Thread

I will chew fingernails until the Magic Number reaches 0.

I think it is wise for us in the Sundeck to keep things low key because we are the ones that have to deal with the Cardinals fans when they decide to come trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Ok... the last time we started to get on a mini roll, ORG had a thread about us being so much better than the Cardinals the baseball gods responded to our hubris and we got slapped down pretty hard.

Now just when things start going well again, the big ORG thread is that we will win the division by four games. ARGHH!

I will admit it right up front... while I may be the most scientific, show me the proof guy out there for most things in my life, I am incredibly superstitious when it comes to gambling and being a baseball fan. I cannot stand idly by and let ORG jinx us again!

Like everyone else here on the Deck, I am a plebian who does not have the right to talk to the nobles directly. Instead I am just going to start creating counter-jinx threads to hopefully cancel theirs out.

No, I am not gonna predict doom and gloom or fall into negativity just to counter balance their braggadacio... instead I am gonna stick with a cliche right out of Crash Davis' book of wisdom:

"We gotta play it one day at a time."

Dear ORG:

"'Course it's boring, that's the point. Write it down."

Brisco
    i completely agree with the superstition thing. on a friday or saturday (cant remeber which day) back in april i went to a bar with friends to watch the reds padres game. i left the bar in complete disgust afetr a bad reds loss. when i got in my car i threw my reds hat in the back seat and forgot about it. about a week later i went to clean out my car and relized the hat was still thier and the reds had actually had a pretty good week. needless to say its august and that hat is still in the backseat of my car and it will remain there untouched untill seasons end.

Turn Off Ads?