Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Berry closing in on Perlazzo's club record...

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Mark Berry closing in on Perlazzo's club record...

... of getting guys hosed at home plate by 10+ feet?
    Rounding third and heading for home...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mark Berry closing in on Perlazzo's club record...

so dumb, berry has no idea what hes doing

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

There's being aggressive (which I like) and then there's being foolish, which he has exhibited on MANY occasions during his time in that position.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I think Berry says most times "Screw it, I'll take my chances on a bad throw rather than our guys getting a hit." Really, its foolish to send these guys, but the way our offense is, thats almost the philosophy anymore.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

How does he keep his job?

Honest-to-gawd, I have no clue.

We need a whole staff change. I rather get a new pitching coach above all else though.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Toothpick does his level best to make sure Votto never sees anybody in scoring position.

Berry just finishes the job should the unexpected occur.

So typical for the Reds this season. Noone has any idea what they are doing. It was a real dumb decision for him to make. Yeah, Votto isn't hitting very well right now, but give him a chance. He'll bust out eventually.

I just hate leaving the pitcher out there running around. He's not used to that situation, and could have injured himself. Thank goodness he didn't. I don't know how much pitchers really work on bang-bang plays at the plate on the basepaths lol

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    So typical for the Reds this season. Noone has any idea what they are doing. It was a real dumb decision for him to make. Yeah, Votto isn't hitting very well right now, but give him a chance. He'll bust out eventually.

I just hate leaving the pitcher out there running around. He's not used to that situation, and could have injured himself. Thank goodness he didn't. I don't know how much pitchers really work on bang-bang plays at the plate on the basepaths lol
    i would venture to guess never, they dont work on bang bang plays, harang just let em tag em, coaches would rather that than trying to make some crazy slide and injuring themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    i would venture to guess never, they dont work on bang bang plays, harang just let em tag em, coaches would rather that than trying to make some crazy slide and injuring themselves.
    Oh yeah, I'm glad that Harang did what he did. I was praying that he wouldn't try one of those things that you mentioned. I think a younger, more "gung-ho" pitcher might have tried to be the hero.

I think he does an excellent job.

i cant get over the fact how slow harang is...and for berry to seriously send him. they really should have pointed the camera over to berry after harang was tagged out by 10 ft to see berry's reaction. i wonder if he just sat their with a dopey face thinking to himself oh well

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    i cant get over the fact how slow harang is...and for berry to seriously send him. they really should have pointed the camera over to berry after harang was tagged out by 10 ft to see berry's reaction. i wonder if he just sat their with a dopey face thinking to himself oh well
    Harang is a big guy. Built like a fullback, and runs like one, too lol

Berry's reaction was prob like: "whatever. I'm still earning a big league paycheck." which just so happens to be the same philosophy of many people in that organization these days.

With the Reds' inability to score runs or hit with RISP, I can see why Berry tries to "make things happen."

Mark Berry is really bad.

If they're not gonna make a staff change, at least swap him and Hatcher and let Billy try it for a while.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

Turn Off Ads?