Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2010, Week 1- Bengals @ Patriots, "Opening Day of NFL 2010"

Re: 2010, Week 1- Bengals @ Patriots, "Opening Day of NFL 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    What don't you understand about football son? The Patriots were up 24-0 at one point. That means the Bengals had the ball a few times correct?

Once a team gains a huge advantage on another team they adjust and try and avoid a mistake/allowing a big play. Carson and TO both mentioned how bad the offense was in the 1st half and how the Patriots went into a soft cover 2 and helped the offense find a groove.

You didn't mention Carson throwing a pick 6 with the game still on the line did you?

When the game mattered the Qb was horrible. Just like the whole team. I'm not bashing Carson alone here.
    I said he was fine other than a couple of forced passes. I didnt say he played amazing. You on the other said he was horrible. Sorry if Im not so extreme in my opinions. I didnt realize I was hurting someones feelings by saying a QB who threw for 340 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT and had a QB rating of 97 or what ever was fine other than a couple of passes. Next time that stat line happens in a game where the defense stops someone I hope you suggest hes just as horrible. Then again the game probably matters then or at least you will say it will.

I respect your opinion that you feel he was horrible, but come on that seems pretty over the top to me. Maybe we can just agree that he didnt play great. He certainly wasnt the reason this team lost by 14 points.
    Last edited by GIDP; 09-13-2010 at 08:48 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I said he was fine other than a couple of forced passes. I didnt say he played amazing. You on the other said he was horrible. Sorry if Im not so extreme in my opinions. I didnt realize I was hurting someones feelings by saying a QB who threw for 340 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT and had a QB rating of 97 or what ever was fine other than a couple of passes. Next time that stat line happens in a game where the defense stops someone I hope you suggest hes just as horrible. Then again the game probably matters then or at least you will say it will.

I respect your opinion that you feel he was horrible, but come on that seems pretty over the top to me. Maybe we can just agree that he didnt play great. He certainly wasnt the reason this team lost by 14 points.
    The game was 24-0 with the help of a pick 6. The offense and Carson had done zero to that point in the game. If you want to laud Carson's play in the second half that is fine. I was somewhat impressed that the team had some fight in it. But to say Carson had a good game because of his numbers fails to realize that he did it when the game was out of hand. Carson had a great fantasy game, the guy I was playing had him, but he stunk up the joint in the first half.

First quarter
    Palmer completed 3 of 5 passes. 37 yards
    Benson ran 5 times for 7 yards and a fumble.
    2nd quarter
    Completed 9 of 14 passes for 93 yards with 1 INT
    Benson ran 5 times for 27 yards.

Palmer basically was the only person doing anything yesterday. Putting the loss so hard on him like that is lazy.

Benson ran for 34 yards and a fumble on 10 attempts. If anything was killing the offense it was him and the O line not blocking for him.

Palmer was 12 of 19 with 130 yards and 1 INT, which I said was a bad play. He also threw a handful of deep passes that were not caught but bounced off the recievers hands. Not exactly drops but its not like his passes were off mark.

The D and the running game were the issues more than anything Palmer did yesterday. To suggest he didnt do anythin when the game matters is honestly coming across like you want to say Palmer isnt good.

Sorry but I'll take Palmer throwing for 130 yards every half for the rest of the year if thats the baseline for a terrible performance. Yes the pick was a bad thing, but they also happen.

On the whole there is no way you can say Palmer was a bad as you are trying to make him out to be other than stating improvable facts like "the game didnt matter". What is this adam dunn bashing just transferred to Palmer or something?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    First quarter
    Palmer completed 3 of 5 passes. 37 yards
    Benson ran 5 times for 7 yards and a fumble.
    2nd quarter
    Completed 9 of 14 passes for 93 yards with 1 INT
    Benson ran 5 times for 27 yards.

Palmer basically was the only person doing anything yesterday. Putting the loss so hard on him like that is lazy.

Benson ran for 34 yards and a fumble on 10 attempts. If anything was killing the offense it was him and the O line not blocking for him.

Palmer was 12 of 19 with 130 yards and 1 INT, which I said was a bad play. He also threw a handful of deep passes that were not caught but bounced off the recievers hands. Not exactly drops but its not like his passes were off mark.

The D and the running game were the issues more than anything Palmer did yesterday. To suggest he didnt do anythin when the game matters is honestly coming across like you want to say Palmer isnt good.

Sorry but I'll take Palmer throwing for 130 yards every half for the rest of the year if thats the baseline for a terrible performance. Yes the pick was a bad thing, but they also happen.

On the whole there is no way you can say Palmer was a bad as you are trying to make him out to be other than stating improvable facts like "the game didnt matter". What is this adam dunn bashing just transferred to Palmer or something?
    I agree 100% I thought Palmer played pretty good, but the running game could not get on track. It was like the offense couldn't figure out what they wanted to do, pass first or smashmouth football. For the day if I was grading Carson I would have given him a B- and that's due to the pick 6 that he gave up on a poor decision.

Bengals need to get a gameplan together against the Ravens next week hopefully Brat will utilize the no huddle scheme to his advantage to wear out some of the older Raven players.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

It's pretty cliche to blame the offensive coordinator and I try to avoid that, but that was some weird offensive playcalling in the first half. I'd be ok with Dan Coats never being an option on third down for instance.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'd be ok with Dan Coats never being an option on third down for instance.
    Maybe Brat was going for the element of surprise???

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'd be ok with Dan Coats never being an option on third down for instance.
    Or second down. Or first down.

Turn Off Ads?