Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys cut Terrell Owens and Roy Williams

Dallas Cowboys cut Terrell Owens and Roy Williams

According to the Dallas Morning News both players have been cut loose.

IMO, this had to happen for the Cowboys to move forward. Owens, as he does everywhere he goes, poisoned the locker room to the point that the coaches had lost control of the team. He's a great receiver but he is notorious for dropping very catchable balls and short arming passes thrown his way. Wiliams on the other hand is a LB that has been playing Safety and it shows. All too often Williams, a very hard hitter, has gone for the "kill shot" and missed tackles. Also, he has continually shown his inability to cover receivers. If the Cowboys are serious about contending for the Super Bowl next season, those two players cannot be a part of the team. Would Bengals fans be interested in getting these players?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dallas Cowboys cut Terrell Owens and Roy Williams

After the disgrace of a finish to this season, as a Cowboys fan I hoped they would replace about half of the roster. This team needed an attitude adjustment badly. But I doubted that it would happen. I was wrong.

Tank Johnson, PacMan, TO, Roy Williams gone.
    Hopefully Greg Ellis, who had a great career but has become a malcontent, will be let go as well.

Add to that Anthony Henry (who was a good player with diminishing skills), Chris Canty and probably Kevin Burnett (who will probably be overpaid by San Diego).

Hopefully this starts an attitude turnaround that will translate to better results on the field.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

As a Cowboys fan I hope Jerry Jones has learned you can't play fantasy football with real players. It doesn't work. Look at the Redskins as an example. I hope he's learned from this and sticks to signing the proper pieces that have less ego and crime in their background.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    As a Cowboys fan I hope Jerry Jones has learned you can't play fantasy football with real players. It doesn't work. Look at the Redskins as an example. I hope he's learned from this and sticks to signing the proper pieces that have less ego and crime in their background.
    Good point, the Cowboys were starting to turn into the NFC version of the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Jerry had a pretty rough team in the 90s. But post salary cap, you can't cover up your mistakes as easily. Then he went with nice guys and went 5-11 for three years. Then the pendulum swung back the other way.
    Last edited by NJReds; 03-05-2009 at 04:07 PM.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Too bad TO has never been arrested (far as I know) or he would be a great fit for the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Too bad TO has never been arrested (far as I know) or he would be a great fit for the Bengals.
    I don't even want to think about Chad and TO on the same team.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I think Owens will end up as far west or as far east from all of us as possible. By that I mean Oakland or New England.

Oakland for obvious reasons. It is the NFL's graveyard.

New England isn't as obvious and would include some big factors. Mainly Owens agreeing to play for about nothing. The bigger issue would be Belichick agreeing to it. I would think he would be more open to it given his success with Dillon and Moss but the main question I would have is how much has Bill dealt with Drew Rosenhaus in the past? If Bill hasn't had luck with Drew in the past (and I have no clue who Rosenhaus has for clients other than the guys from the U.) then I would say there is no chance.

I think TO wants to win and will have to realize that signing for big money (Oakland) to prove his point that he is a winner is not going to accomplish what he really wants.

Am I the only one that saw the thread title and thought you meant the wide receiver Roy Williams? I was shocked for a second.

I think Owens will end up as far west or as far east from all of us as possible. By that I mean Oakland or New England.

Oakland for obvious reasons. It is the NFL's graveyard.

New England isn't as obvious and would include some big factors. Mainly Owens agreeing to play for about nothing. The bigger issue would be Belichick agreeing to it. I would think he would be more open to it given his success with Dillon and Moss but the main question I would have is how much has Bill dealt with Drew Rosenhaus in the past? If Bill hasn't had luck with Drew in the past (and I have no clue who Rosenhaus has for clients other than the guys from the U.) then I would say there is no chance.

I think TO wants to win and will have to realize that signing for big money (Oakland) to prove his point that he is a winner is not going to accomplish what he really wants.
    I've heard this mentioned on ESPN, but I just can't see it. Bill has had success with Moss and Dillon, but IMO, they are different players than TO. They aren't cancers in the locker room. Moss' effort has been questioned, but rarely has he been a divisive force in the locker room, and Dillon busted his butt on a sorry Bengals team for years, and it was only towards the end that the big problems occured.

I'm not going to say the divisive locker room is all the media's fault but are we supposed to believe that the only player in the league who has some friends and some enemies in his own locker room is TO? I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants were just as divided over Plaxico, the year they WON the Super Bowl. I'm sure every Super Bowl team has 2 guys among the 53 who would like to kill each other.

TO would not be the media story in New England. Ed Werder is not going to move to Foxboro and I think Bill makes it clear to his players, nothing better come out of your mouth that you haven't already said to the rest of the team. There has to be some reason that crap never comes about with the Pats.

T.J is kicking his agent right now. Would you rather play for the Cowboys or Seattle?

T.J. with Romo could of been special.

I assume that the Cowboys are looking for another WR...right?
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I assume that the Cowboys are looking for another WR...right?
    They shouldn't be. At least not one who is going to cost a boatload of money like TJ. They have Roy Williams, they have Witten, they have Marion Barber and Felix Jones. The money could be better spent on the line or the D or whatever. All they need is a possession guy. The offense they have now should be good enough to win.

They shouldn't be. At least not one who is going to cost a boatload of money like TJ. They have Roy Williams, they have Witten, they have Marion Barber and Felix Jones. The money could be better spent on the line or the D or whatever. All they need is a possession guy. The offense they have now should be good enough to win.
    TJ is the definition of a possession wideout.

I do like the idea of Chad and TO competing each week for who can outdo each other as far as TD celebrations, and the Bengals would likely lead the league in the amount of fines paid out. That being said, having Chad as a malcontent is bad enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Buffalo?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?