Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Kemp?

Matt Kemp?

Dodgers Should Trade Matt Kemp
    General manager Ned Colletti needs to be pragmatic. He needs to be creative.

He needs to trade center fielder Matt Kemp...

Why, then, single out Kemp as trade bait?

Because Ethier looks like he could be a superstar, and because Kemp, for all his flaws, would bring a greater return than the others.
    Do you want him?

If so, who would you give up for him?

I'd give up Bailey and Stubbs to start, but I doubt that would get it done. Would trade Cueto and Stubbs, but the Dodgers would have to add more than Kemp.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Matt Kemp?

I would not trade Cueto and Stubbs for Matt Kemp.

Unless he brought Rihanna with him...
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-25-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I would not trade Cueto and Stubbs for Matt Kemp.
    I wouldn't have a problem moving those two for Kemp. Maybe Kemp and someone else but if its the 2000 Kemp .297/.352/.490 OPS .842 then I am all for it.
    Last edited by bucksfan2; 06-25-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Maybe not for Kemp but I wouldn't have a problem moving those two for Kemp.
    Um, what?
    Go BLUE!!!

No one is untouchable but Cueto is a player I would hold on to unless I was knocked over with an offer I couldn't refuse.

High five!

I'm not digging the direction Kemp's numbers are trending this year. Looks like he's hitting more ground balls and fewer line drives. Actually, it looks like he hit an insustainably high amount of line drives the previous couple years and is now hitting a more reasonable amount.

I'd sure like to see more of Heisey so we know what we got in him.

Um, what?
    Yea I correct it. I was interrupted when writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    No one is untouchable but Cueto is a player I would hold on to unless I was knocked over with an offer I couldn't refuse.
    I agree. And I think that the Dodgers think the same thing about Kemp.

Both are very similar players. Young, great potential that has not been reached yet, but they both are close.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I realize that we aren't seeing eye to eye on Cueto which is fine. But what would it take for you to be knocked over? A potential .300/.360/.500 GG CF entering the prime of his career would be a pretty good haul for a league average pitcher with some upside.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I realize that we aren't seeing eye to eye on Cueto which is fine. But what would it take for you to be knocked over? A potential .300/.360/.500 GG CF entering the prime of his career would be a pretty good haul for a league average pitcher with some upside.
    Well several people even within the Dodgers organization are less than enthralled with his D, so I'd hesitate to label him as a GG CF entering the prime of his career.

Additionally, his baserunning gaffes would make the Phillips-haters implode. Ditto for his attitude.

That said, I'd love to have Kemp, but I don't know if I'd trade Cueto straight-up for him, let alone Cueto and Stubbs.
    Go BLUE!!!

Kemp is a CF only because he keeps getting run out there. He's not a good defender in center. If we traded Stubbs for him and Dusty insisted on keeping Gomes in the lineup, I'd rather have Bruce in CF.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Well several people even within the Dodgers organization are less than enthralled with his D, so I'd hesitate to label him as a GG CF entering the prime of his career.

Additionally, his baserunning gaffes would make the Phillips-haters implode. Ditto for his attitude.

That said, I'd love to have Kemp, but I don't know if I'd trade Cueto straight-up for him, let alone Cueto and Stubbs.
    I don't know enough about his defense to make a real educated judgment. I have heard his D is good and he does have a GG to his name. I just don't watch the Dodgers play a lot because they are a west coast team.

I just am not that high on Cueto. I think he is a nice pitcher but I don't see the improvement upon what he is already. What he is is a nice pitcher, but not someone who I consider untouchable. Actually I think he would would be a player that I would dangle as a trading chip. He has a tremendous trade value and I like Leake, Volquez (considering he returns to form), and the upside of Bailey more. Chapman isn't being moved right now and if Cueto can bring something of value back in return I would do that trade. You have to trade something of value to get something value in return. Cueto may just be that guy (for me).

I'm thinking Alonso, 1 of Heisey/Stubbs and another B prospect could get it done. Would that be worth it?

You could stick Kemp in LF and whoever remains of Heisey/Stubbs in CF. That would be rock solid. I think Kemp would be a monster in GAB.

Regarding his defense, UZR has him as -10 in CF (366 G) and -5 in RF (168 G). Obviously UZR isn't gospel, but gold gloves aren't exactly reliable and those are pretty big samples.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I'm thinking Alonso, 1 of Heisey/Stubbs and another B prospect could get it done. Would that be worth it?

You could stick Kemp in LF and whoever remains of Heisey/Stubbs in CF. That would be rock solid. I think Kemp would be a monster in GAB.
    Alonso, Heisey, and Maloney?

Turn Off Ads?