Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Cardinals - 7/5/09

Re: Reds vs. Cardinals - 7/5/09

Schumacher singles to RF off the glove of a leaping Votto.

Two on, none out.

Rasmus up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    This team is a train wreck.

Back to .500 going into 7 games at Philly and at New York?

Could be curtains.
    I disagree completely. The Phillies have one of the worst rotations in baseball and are terrible at home, while the Mets are missing multiple key players and are in a terrible funk.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    It is beyond me how someone cannot either teach Edwin how to throw the ball, or just realize that he will never be able to throw.

He looks like a 4th grade pitcher trying to 'aim' the ball on those easy grounders.
    The throw to home was the result of being completely off balance. I guess his footwork could be criticized.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I will say this, the loss on Friday night, while gut-wrenching, was entertaining. I felt like I got my money's worth, and then some, being in attendance.

The problem with Arroyo is that too often this year he has not given anyone their money's worth in starts, especially at home. That has a rotting effect on the fans a franchise is trying to entice to the ballpark.

Arroyo walks Rasmus. Bases loaded for Pujols.

I've been one of the Arroyo believers that thinks he could still get it together, but I'm ready to concede. That said, Willy, EdE and the throw from Dickerson made most of that 4 run inning on the rest of the team.

The last hope for Arroyo is the long rest from the All Star game. Last season Arroyo looked a lot worse than he does now, was pushed back a couple a days and after the long rest become one of the top pitchers in the league the rest of the year. He's not going to bring much in trade right now, there really isn't anybody knocking the door down to take his spot and the timing fits with Volquez' schedule. Arroyo should pitch in NY and hope the park helps him out, get about 8 days off and then go again. If the long rest doesn't rejuvinate his stuff, then DL him and let Volquez take his spot. A trade isn't realistic right now.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Announcers bagging on Reds poor handling of injuries. Imagine that.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I 've seen enough. Think I'll take a break. It's hard to watch this humiliation as Bronson walks the bases full and Dusty finally, I said finally, makes a move when all is lost.

Bronson is injured, no doubt. Time to DL him whether he likes it or not. As for the fielding...isn't it past time to be looking for a third baseman?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Dusty finally putting Arroyo out of all of our miseries, surprised he didn't bring a shotgun to the mound with him.

Roenicke being summoned to a bases loaded, none out, Pujols up situation. Still 8-0 Cards, top of the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I've been one of the Arroyo believers that thinks he could still get it together, but I'm ready to concede. That said, Willy, EdE and the throw from Dickerson made most of that 4 run inning on the rest of the team.

The last hope for Arroyo is the long rest from the All Star game. Last season Arroyo looked a lot worse than he does now, was pushed back a couple a days and after the long rest become one of the top pitchers in the league the rest of the year. He's not going to bring much in trade right now, there really isn't anybody knocking the door down to take his spot and the timing fits with Volquez' schedule. Arroyo should pitch in NY and hope the park helps him out, get about 8 days off and then go again. If the long rest doesn't rejuvinate his stuff, then DL him and let Volquez take his spot. A trade isn't realistic right now.
    Sounds like EV is more than a month out. It's only tingling though Reds fans
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I will say this, the loss on Friday night, while gut-wrenching, was entertaining. I felt like I got my money's worth, and then some, being in attendance.

The problem with Arroyo is that too often this year he has not given anyone their money's worth in starts, especially at home. That has a rotting effect on the fans a franchise is trying to entice to the ballpark.

Arroyo walks Rasmus. Bases loaded for Pujols.
    Games like these are just brutal to watch. They completely deflate. Things won't be nearly as bad as they'll seem later this evening.

Boy though, if they limp into the ASB, it'll be Armageddon among the faithful.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Again bases are loaded for Pujols.

Don't think it matters though does it?

Taking Arroyo out to prevent any more damage to his escalating ERA
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Sutton double switched into the game, playing SS.

Good luck, kid Roenicke. Pujols is 6 for 7 this year, with four slams in such situations.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Again bases are loaded for Pujols.

Don't think it matters though does it?

Taking Arroyo out to prevent any more damage to his escalating ERA
    If those three on base score, it won't prevent much damage...

Roenicke, as heaven is my witness, entices a 1-2-3 double play out of Pujols.

Well done, kid.

6-8.

Nice job.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?