Turn Off Ads?

Thread: It doesn't hurt just to ask - A PS3 Story

It doesn't hurt just to ask - A PS3 Story

Walked into Circuit City yesterday to browse and my wife walked up to the front counter to ask if they had any PS3s in stock...wouldn't you know, they had 1 left from a shipment of 5 that morning.

Happy Birthday to Ed a little early.

PS: One of the workers there said there might be a 60GB recall coming up. Supposedly, they rushed them out and there's an issue with the Blu-Ray player.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It doesn't hurt just to ask - A PS3 Story

Yup, they're fairly easy to find around me. I was at Target yesterday and they had two 60gb's sitting there. I asked for a 20gb, but they didn't have any. THOSE are tough to find (Sony loses more $$ on them and, therefore, are building less).

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    PS: One of the workers there said there might be a 60GB recall coming up. Supposedly, they rushed them out and there's an issue with the Blu-Ray player.
    Congrats on the PS3. Also, don't believe anything that a store employee tells you. The same blue ray player is in the 20 and 60. I believe he made that up. Let me guess you got a 20?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Congrats on the PS3. Also, don't believe anything that a store employee tells you. The same blue ray player is in the 20 and 60. I believe he made that up. Let me guess you got a 20?
    Good guess.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Good guess.
    that's why he said it.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

That's kind of how I got mine before Christmas. I was doing some work at a Best Buy store and I was in the back room. There was this girl doing shipment and I heard her say "oooh" and then get on the radio and call the manager and she said "Two Japenese Geese have landed." So I just asked the manager if I could buy one and he said "sure". So that's what my wife gave me for Christmas.

It's also a 20, but I haven't heard anything about the 60 being recalled.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I'm toolsy.

I'm hoping to luck into something like that. Everytime my girlfriend and I walk into a Wal-mart / Meijer / Best Buy, I ask her if she'll buy me a PS3 if they have one. Of course she says YES, knowing that they won't have one. One of these days she's not going to be so lucky!!

I was talking to a dude at Gamespot and he said they've had a BUNCH of returns. (Potential Ebay profiteers who were unable to find any willing victims)

I loved hearing that.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I was talking to a dude at Gamespot and he said they've had a BUNCH of returns. (Potential Ebay profiteers who were unable to find any willing victims)

I loved hearing that.
    I've seen PS3s available at every store I've been to the past few days (Target, Meijer and Circuit City).

Perfect example of marketing gone crazy -- it was a "must have" item for the holidays, but now that the frenzy has gone, people are realizing it's simply not worth paying $700 for a video game console when there are no "must have" games out for it.

I'm sure I'll end up buying a PS3 eventually, but I'll wait until there's something I absolutely have to play that is a system exclusive before I feel the need to hang the PS2 up.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I've seen PS3s available at every store I've been to the past few days (Target, Meijer and Circuit City).

Perfect example of marketing gone crazy -- it was a "must have" item for the holidays, but now that the frenzy has gone, people are realizing it's simply not worth paying $700 for a video game console when there are no "must have" games out for it.

I'm sure I'll end up buying a PS3 eventually, but I'll wait until there's something I absolutely have to play that is a system exclusive before I feel the need to hang the PS2 up.
    The Sony baseball game is what I am waiting for. The one for PS2 last year was really fun. Alot better than the crap the developer that has the "exclusive" license put out.

I'm toolsy.

I was looking through the list of games on Gamespot.com and nothing is really grabbing my attention. Can anyone recommend good games for the PS3? I usually play sports games and RPGs. I already have Madden and Tiger for Xbox 360.

The only launch game for PS3 that received "good" ratings is Resistance: Fall of Man. The PS3 is really tough to program for b/c of its immense power and most developers/programmers clearly haven't got it completely--or even close to completely--nailed yet.

Turn Off Ads?