Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 more promotions

Re: 2 more promotions

I would love to see a scouting report on Ramon Geronimo. He's a bit older for the level (24) but he's totally dominating FSL hitters right now. I'm curious to know what kind of stuff he has. He pitched in Dayton last season so surely someone on here has seen him pitch. If so, could someone enlighten us on how hard he throws and what other pitches he throws?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Walt promotes bullpen arms. Aside from Izzy the guy has built his bullpens from within--knows when an arm has a bullpen ceiling and promotes. He doesn't necessarily do the same with starters.

In fact, he wisely broke Wainwright in the "bullpen-to-starter" way.

Still, I'd hardly call these two promotions a sign of "aggressiveness."
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Walt promotes bullpen arms. Aside from Izzy the guy has built his bullpens from within--knows when an arm has a bullpen ceiling and promotes. He doesn't necessarily do the same with starters.

In fact, he wisely broke Wainwright in the "bullpen-to-starter" way.

Still, I'd hardly call these two promotions a sign of "aggressiveness."
    More aggressive than previous regime, let's put it that way. Last year a lot of movement took place at mid season. This year earlier. And based on performance some GMs would not have moved Roenicke and Watson just yet. Glad Jocketty did so.

From Trent:

* Minor league news: Roenicke takes the spot of Tyler Pelland, who was put on the disabled list with a left tricep inflammation.

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't mind it with position players and relievers, but that sort of aggressive promotion schedule has failed the Reds in the starter development arena for decades. It doesn't work and no amount of repeating the mistake is going to make it work.
    I don't think, thus far, Jocketty has been overly aggressive with the promoting. He's essentially promoting the players that should be promoted whereas Wayne would've likely waited longer. I do agree with you though that I don't want to see any pitchers promoted that shouldn't be. I think thus far though he's handled the pitchers appropriately.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I would bet a guy like Guevara would have gotten a chance under Walt.

after attending the first two games of the Altanta series there is little doubt that Mercker and Weathers are running on fumes. mercker fastball was 85-87 and weathers about the same.

I hope Fogg's start was his last as a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't mind it with position players and relievers, but that sort of aggressive promotion schedule has failed the Reds in the starter development arena for decades. It doesn't work and no amount of repeating the mistake is going to make it work.

Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    after attending the first two games of the Altanta series there is little doubt that Mercker and Weathers are running on fumes. mercker fastball was 85-87 and weathers about the same.

I hope Fogg's start was his last as a Red.

Those type of fastballs aren't going to work against the next 4 series...Phillies, Marlins, Cardinals, and Red Sox. They better have some major Veteran Savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Those type of fastballs aren't going to work against the next 4 series...Phillies, Marlins, Cardinals, and Red Sox. They better have some major Veteran Savvy.
    GAWD that's an awful thought. I'm feeling a little sick now.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Turn Off Ads?