Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Songs and Sound at GABP

Kurt Stillwell Fan hairmetalfreek's Avatar

Re: Songs and Sound at GABP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    That Gary Glitter song is atrocious.
    Are the teams ignorant of Glitter's actions? Do they not realize he gets some sort of royalties from his music being played? Surely there are other songs that could be utilized in these situations.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairmetalfreek View Post
    Are the teams ignorant of Glitter's actions? Do they not realize he gets some sort of royalties from his music being played? Surely there are other songs that could be utilized in these situations.
    I imagine that people might know about him, but might not realize that that's his song. Every time I hear that, it seems someone is about to K to end an inning. I think it's bad mojo.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

I was wondering if anyone out there knows the name of the song played over the highlights they show on the big screen just before the players take the field to begin the game?. I was there a couple of weeks ago and I really liked it
    "He couldn't hit that pitch with an ironing board Joe"-Marty B.

The atmosphere has become like an NBA game. Just return to the organ. That's what Pete would do.

They definitely are still playing that (the Gary Glitter song). I can't believe that even passes for a song. I agree: terrible.

Has anyone else noticed BP's influence on the Reds walk up songs? BP has always had a lot of underground rap - most of which I don't even recognize. I do like that he switches up the song every at bat, but I don't like any of his songs better than the next. Bruce and Choo have started to pick up on this with other underground rap songs, too. I'm not a fan. I liked when Bruce was using Macklemore's "Thift Shop".
    Last edited by Beer&Bourbon; 05-20-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForPetesSake View Post
    The atmosphere has become like an NBA game. Just return to the organ. That's what Pete would do.
    There was a great organ player there at the last Sunday game against the Brewers. He was great. He was even shown on the video screen at one point.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

In a surprising display of being caught up with pop culture, I know I heard Passion Pit's "Take a Walk" a couple times after Reds batter's base on balls.

I've also heard "Intro" by The xx a couple times during pre-game videos.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue93_2000 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone out there knows the name of the song played over the highlights they show on the big screen just before the players take the field to begin the game?. I was there a couple of weeks ago and I really liked it
    Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    In a surprising display of being caught up with pop culture, I know I heard Passion Pit's "Take a Walk" a couple times after Reds batter's base on balls.
    I'm not sure that I've noticed this, but that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue93_2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother?
    A direct-feed version of the video used to be on YouTube (ie, the actual video, and not just recorded from the screen), but it got yanked for some reason. Luckily, I saved it. PM me, and I'll send it to you.

Turn Off Ads?