Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Tracy Jones still at WLW?

Re: Is Tracy Jones still at WLW?

Do people actually take Tracy Jones serriously enough to get worked up over him? He's a goof who comes in and acts as a placeholder on the weekends until Americas Truckin Network starts up. I wouldn't think late Saturday and Sunday nights is a huge revenue spot so it's either Tracy and his band of idiots or a 30 minute comerical for some colon cleansing algea.

Until I joined RZ I had no idea so many people lost sleep over guys on the radio, a device that has both a volume and off switch.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Schnickelfritz

My dearly departed father-in-law used to say that Andy Fuhrman should ensure Tracy Jones gets a chauffeured limousine ride to 700WLW every day just to ensure that there would be someone at the station dumber than he was.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxLaird View Post
    My dearly departed father-in-law used to say that Andy Fuhrman should ensure Tracy Jones gets a chauffeured limousine ride to 700WLW every day just to ensure that there would be someone at the station dumber than he was.
    HAHAHAHAHA Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA Good one.
    :thumbdown ( )

Note: When I try to get on www.tracyjonesonline.com from work I get the message:

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:
    The Websense category "Lingerie and Swimsuit" is filtered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
    http://www.tracyjonesonline.com/
    Last edited by goreds2; 04-24-2007 at 12:26 PM.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

700 WLW now has a Tracy Jones profile:

(His picture etc)
    http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_tracyjones.html

Contact Tracy
    (513) 749-7000
    (800) THE BIG 1 (843-2441)
    #700 on Cingular Wireless
    tjwlw@zoomtown.com
    About Tracy
    Tracy is a former professional baseball player who played in the Major Leagues primarily as an outfielder from 1986-1991. Jones was drafted by the New York Mets in the 4th round of the 1982 amateur draft, but did not sign. In January of 1983 Jones was selected as the first overall pick of the secondary phase of the amateur draft by the Cincinnati Reds. Jones debuted with the Reds in 1986 and had perhaps the best year of his career for the Reds in 1987, where he played in 116 games, batted .290, and stole 31 bases. In 1988, Jones was traded to the Montreal Expos, and later played for the Giants, Mariners, and eventually the Tigers where he played his final game in October 6, 1991.

In addition to being the host of "Extra Innings" on 700WLW, Tracy owns Tracy Jones Financial, LLC.

Baseball According To Tracy
    "If you haven't played the game, you don't understand it enough to talk about it"

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    700 WLW now has a Tracy Jones profile:

(His picture etc)
    http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_tracyjones.html

Contact Tracy
    (513) 749-7000
    (800) THE BIG 1 (843-2441)
    #700 on Cingular Wireless
    tjwlw@zoomtown.com
    About Tracy
    Tracy is a former professional baseball player who played in the Major Leagues primarily as an outfielder from 1986-1991. Jones was drafted by the New York Mets in the 4th round of the 1982 amateur draft, but did not sign. In January of 1983 Jones was selected as the first overall pick of the secondary phase of the amateur draft by the Cincinnati Reds. Jones debuted with the Reds in 1986 and had perhaps the best year of his career for the Reds in 1987, where he played in 116 games, batted .290, and stole 31 bases. In 1988, Jones was traded to the Montreal Expos, and later played for the Giants, Mariners, and eventually the Tigers where he played his final game in October 6, 1991.

In addition to being the host of "Extra Innings" on 700WLW, Tracy owns Tracy Jones Financial, LLC.

Baseball According To Tracy
    "If you haven't played the game, you don't understand it enough to talk about it"
    Did he actually play the game? I was in college longer than he was in the bigs, and I got a degree.. all he got was a bad attitude that noone can judge a big leaguer unless they have played.. If I only talked about my college days.. like he does his playing days I would be a stupid stupid man.. there is more to life than a 5 year adventure where you became "enlightened" past everyone who didnt experience it.. or soo one thinks...

dont get me wrong I actually liek listening to the guy.. but even a hobo in the stands can judge adam dunn against other left fielders.. or judge that there has to be better bullpen pitching option somewhere in the world..
    Last edited by Ahhhorsepoo; 08-01-2007 at 12:41 PM.

Mo Egger is giving Tracy a hard time today because he (Tracy) did not work until 7pm because of the rain out. He worked until 4-ish.

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/streaming.html

Did Jones really say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post

Did Jones really say this?
    YES.

I sometimes think that he has a cast of characters who call into his show.... Rod from Norwood, Richard from Indian Hill, etc.... These people are on all the time, every show. Its almost like its scripted in a way. Conspiracy theory perhaps?

Bring back the 2 Angry Guys!!!
    Hey Marty, This is Adam from Milwaukee...

Quote Originally Posted by bradmu View Post
    Bring back the 2 Angry Guys!!!
    What ever happened to Tom Gamble and Richard Skinner?

He like's the guys that suck up to him.He was thanking Richard for the fish and wine he sent him.

Anyone else notice in his 6 years of "service" he never played a real role on any team..

I hate dunn as much as the rest guy for this team.. but how does he give dunn a hard time then.. based on his motto, his batting average was only slightly above dunns.. and the most ab's he had in a whole year was 350.. over his 6 years.. he about as many ab's as everyday players have in 2 years..

He also was NO gold glove caliber player..

While yes he might have played.. he is not the only person who can judge people in the league because his cup of coffee lasted long enough to get cold..
    just because I dont drink coffee doesnt meani dont know that i do not like it...

I love his show though.. honestly..

Does anyone think "Rod from Norwood" is real? If so, I'd like to sell them some ocean front property in Covington.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Turn Off Ads?