Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Reds coaching staff needs to be accountable!!

the Reds coaching staff needs to be accountable!!

Watching the game today,

1)why in the world is the coaching staff not getting on Taveras to QUIT swinging for the fences??
    2) not one coach said anything to Bruce at the end of the game when he should have never been doubled off so easy!!
    3) Cueto needs to look at video. He always leaves his pitches up in the zone when he is falling towards the 1st base side of the mound after delivering pitches!! where is Dick Pole?? isnt he the pitching coach???
    4) after the 3rd walk to load the bases, Dusty lets Lincoln stay in the game and give up not one but TWO homers!!
    5) the team looks like they are always going to be behind. no calmness and no focus!!!(Coaching) like the Pirates look. The Pirates look more unbeatable

I see the Pirates MORE a surprise team this season than the Reds right now!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: the Reds coaching staff needs to be accountable!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    Watching the game today,

1)why in the world is the coaching staff not getting on Taveras to QUIT swinging for the fences??
    2) not one coach said anything to Bruce at the end of the game when he should have never been doubled off so easy!!
    3) Cueto needs to look at video. He always leaves his pitches up in the zone when he is falling towards the 1st base side of the mound after delivering pitches!! where is Dick Pole?? isnt he the pitching coach???
    4) after the 3rd walk to load the bases, Dusty lets Lincoln stay in the game and give up not one but TWO homers!!
    5) the team looks like they are always going to be behind. no calmness and no focus!!!(Coaching) like the Pirates look. The Pirates look more unbeatable

I see the Pirates MORE a surprise team this season than the Reds right now!!!
    Come on now... we're all frustrated. But you don't know who's saying what to Taveras, Bruce, Cueto, etc. And why would Dusty put anyone else in there but Lincoln? The pen has been busy this week, and it wasn't exactly a one run game at that point. With the way the offense was swinging the bats, the game was pretty much over. Might as well leave Lincoln in and not burn out any other arms in case we need them tomorrow.

And the Pirates will be lucky to win 70 games this year my friend.

You didn't mention the most glaring error, in my opinion: Mark Berry sending Votto to get gunned down by 10 feet at home plate when Bruce would've been up with the bases loaded DOWN FOUR RUNS. Wow. That is badddd.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    You didn't mention the most glaring error, in my opinion: Mark Berry sending Votto to get gunned down by 10 feet at home plate when Bruce would've been up with the bases loaded DOWN FOUR RUNS. Wow. That is badddd.
    Now I agree there. That was pretty atrocious coaching. The game was pretty much over right there. Come back and get them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Now I agree there. That was pretty atrocious coaching. The game was pretty much over right there. Come back and get them tomorrow.
    Berry was trying to squeeze a run out of an offense that was doing nothing. It was not the right play to run Votto there. But I understand the thinking.

It's going to be a long season, but not because of coaching. The personnel isn't good enough. It will get better as the Reds move good young players up from the minors - and maybe spend a buck or two on top vets - but right now the offensive is weak, the defense maybe slightly improved but not much, the pitching is overrated.

Compare the personnel to any good team, and I think you'll find that the Reds aren't as good.

If they wanted to win this year, the Reds would have obtained a couple of top tier players. Instead, they seem to be building for the future. It's not the future yet.

"coaching" won't commit talent to perform above its level. That said, 162 games and you'll probably be able to point at 80% of them and point something out as a "mistake" in need of coaching correction.

Retired

Don't worry, with the pitiful offense this team has Dusty will be gone by the break and most of the coaches should follow suit.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Mark Berry almost makes me wish we had Wendell Kim as our 3B Coach...

Almost.

How do you know that the coaching staff didn't (or doesn't) address these issues in the clubhouse, or pulling the appropriate player off to the side? Just because you don't see it being caught on live camera doesn't mean it's not occurring.

As for Taveras?..... you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Or when BP scored. I commend BP for being heads up and seeing the LFer having trouble and scrambling home. I have my problems with Berry as 3B coach.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Don't worry, with the pitiful offense this team has Dusty will be gone by the break and most of the coaches should follow suit.
    And the players? You can keep bringing in new coaches, but you can't win without talent. There are some decent young players on the roster, but still way too many dead spots.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    And the players? You can keep bringing in new coaches, but you can't win without talent. There are some decent young players on the roster, but still way too many dead spots.
    Yep- every little mistake will be magnified with this team because the margin of error in order to win is so small.
    sorry we're boring

Are you going to hold Dick Pole accountable during his naps in the dugout, or only when he is awake?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Are you going to hold Dick Pole accountable during his naps in the dugout, or only when he is awake?
    Would you wanna be awake for this pitching staff?

I have no clue what Dick Pole's job description specifically entails as a Reds pitching coach and even less of an idea about how to evaluate his performance in the aspects that one might assume would fall within his job responsibilities.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?