Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching Cards And Braves Game... Cards Look Horrible

Re: Watching Cards And Braves Game... Cards Look Horrible

Holliday ejected for "arguing"...I think.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Buckeye Bomber

This is a little unsettling. Just one game though.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Rasmus HR...8-3

So the lead is 5. Anyone concerned? I most certainly am. We have 7 games at home coming up, win less than 4 of those and this thing is wide open.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Yep...Holliday thrown..he was a good 20 feet from the ump when he was tossed. ..could have been tossing his helmet and bat or could have been the "that was bull *bleep*"...he did have a right to argue...that pitch started outside and stayed there.

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Yep...Holliday thrown..he was a good 20 feet from the ump when he was tossed. ..could have been tossing his helmet and bat or could have been the "that was bull *bleep*"...he did have a right to argue...that pitch started outside and stayed there.
    Ump didn't toss him until he was nearly at the dugout. I saw him throw the helmet, but I think he was already rung by then.

Ill worry when the lead is 3 games.

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    So the lead is 5. Anyone concerned? I most certainly am. We have 7 games at home coming up, win less than 4 of those and this thing is wide open.
    I disagree, since I don't expect the Cardinals to win this series against Atlanta outright. If we both maintain a similar pace, we win in the end.

I'll worry if they sweep Atlanta and we come out ugly against Pittsburgh. Don't see that happening though.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

11-3...Rasmus 4-4 2hr

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81 View Post
    I disagree, since I don't expect the Cardinals to win this series against Atlanta outright. If we both maintain a similar pace, we win in the end.

I'll worry if they sweep Atlanta and we come out ugly against Pittsburgh. Don't see that happening though.
    Hope you are right. Right now I have no faith in any of our pitchers and the bats aren't keeping us in high scoring games. Maybe getting home will change all that.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

the Reds are going to win the Central..chill out.

The Buckeye Bomber

One bad road trip does not make (Or break) a season.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Bruce

The Reds luck has run out, I thought when the Braves went up 3-0 they might get it done and still have a 6 game lead. Redbirds rallied and now Wainright is locked in. Everyone is crowning the Reds Central Division champs and I think everyone has over reacted. You never underestimate the heart of a champion and that is just what the Cardinals are.
    This pains me to say it as a Cards fan but the Cards do not have a heart of a champion this year. Its maddening to watch this team struggle against bad teams but look like world beaters against good teams. The Reds have an easy schedule against teams under .500 for the rest of the season so this division is theirs. The only hope for the Cards is to gain some ground in the Wild Card. We do have a 4 game series against the Padres and a 4 game series against the Rockies at Busch left so maybe they will continue the trend of playing well against good teams. I don't know, I just don't feel it for this Cards team this year. Reds fans, I wouldn't worry.

Also, the person earlier mentioned something about Pujols not running out a ball or something. Well he has not been right since rolling over on his ankle in Washington. He is playing with an ankle injury right now. While I admire him for it, there has been a clear deterioration in his place since that accident.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    This pains me to say it as a Cards fan but the Cards do not have a heart of a champion this year. Its maddening to watch this team struggle against bad teams but look like world beaters against good teams. The Reds have an easy schedule against teams under .500 for the rest of the season so this division is theirs. The only hope for the Cards is to gain some ground in the Wild Card. We do have a 4 game series against the Padres and a 4 game series against the Rockies at Busch left so maybe they will continue the trend of playing well against good teams. I don't know, I just don't feel it for this Cards team this year. Reds fans, I wouldn't worry.

Also, the person earlier mentioned something about Pujols not running out a ball or something. Well he has not been right since rolling over on his ankle in Washington. He is playing with an ankle injury right now. While I admire him for it, there has been a clear deterioration in his place since that accident.
    Be quiet! Can't you see we're trying to lighten the bandwagon?

I'm glad the Reds have the cushion. It was built for times like these. Could you imagine the panic that would've set in around here had the Reds not had an incredible August?

Turn Off Ads?