Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

I get the feeling Tiger is going to go off next year on the tour.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Some blame needs to go to the ho in the story too IMO. She knew he was married.

And how is that her problem? Never understood that.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Apparently, she may of beat Tiger with a golf club.
    IMO, he deserved it. I hope she hit him hard.

Would you feel bad for Tiger if he beat his wife with a golf club becuase she was having multiple affairs?
    Flipping the scenario really doesn't make any sense in this case considering his popularity and power.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    IMO, he deserved it. I hope she hit him hard.

Flipping the scenario really doesn't make any sense in this case considering his popularity and power.

I think even our worst actions deserve restraint, sympathy, forgiveness.

It's one thing to have someone cornered, it's another to squash them once you do.

That's not saying there isn't a price to pay here, but it shouldn't include being physically assaulted.

There's a difference in what people deserve and what actually happens to them.

If we all wrote the worst thing we did on our foreheads, we'd all wear hats.

Next time you wrong someone, ask yourself if you should be hit with a golf club for it.....
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 12-03-2009 at 07:41 AM.

I guess I'm surprised people are surprised by this.

None of us can even begin to conceive what the life of Tiger Woods is like. The guy is a media conglomerate, probably a Fortune 500 company unto himself, an international superstar, handsome as all get out, more money than anyone can dream of, and oh yeah, the best golfer on the planet and probably ever. Anything he wants, he can have and I mean *anything*. The life of the privileged is rarified atmosphere.

I think its remarkable he can retain his focus on his golf game and accomplish what he can. Look at John Daly. Arguably probably the same amount of talent and look where his life went. So Tiger gets a little on the side? So what. I for one am wholly unsurprised. And his wife, while gorgeous and sweet and I'm sure a wonderful person, has to know what she's getting into with him. When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

THE TIGER WOODS FAMILY CHRISTMAS ALBUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt35o866-XE

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

None of us can even begin to conceive what the life of Tiger Woods is like. The guy is a media conglomerate, probably a Fortune 500 company unto himself, an international superstar, handsome as all get out, more money than anyone can dream of, and oh yeah, the best golfer on the planet and probably ever. Anything he wants, he can have and I mean *anything*. The life of the privileged is rarified atmosphere.

I think its remarkable he can retain his focus on his golf game and accomplish what he can. Look at John Daly. Arguably probably the same amount of talent and look where his life went. So Tiger gets a little on the side? So what. I for one am wholly unsurprised. And his wife, while gorgeous and sweet and I'm sure a wonderful person, has to know what she's getting into with him. When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    I agree that none of us should be surprised, though I disagree that his wife deserves this or should expect it- I think she should expect someone to live up their their vows.

Anyone who has been deceived this way can tell you the hurt involved- it stinks.

But the shame here also rests with the public- we can't help ourselves, can we? The very idea that a magazine - one with absolutely no scruples, morals, etc.- can pay one of these women $100,000 because we will buy more magazines to read about it is just awful.

I don't need to roll around in someone else's shame to feel good about myself. I don't need to see this on television, just because he is a popular golfer.

The same people who would tell you this is wrong morally are there like little vultures, lapping this stuff up, passing judgment, when they haven't contributed one ounce of the good Tiger Woods has to this world.

Seems like Tiger gets A LOT on the side, but it probably doesn't change the point you were making.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I agree that none of us should be surprised, though I disagree that his wife deserves this or should expect it- I think she should expect someone to live up their their vows.
    I probably didn't express myself very well there. I don't think she deserved or expected it and, yes, one should live up to ones vows. Been there too.

I just don't think any of us can even begin to conceive what that kind of life is like. Its like a movie star, sports star, or rock star. Absolutely stunning women, like runway models or Playboy Bunnies, make themselves completely available. I'd like to think of myself as a fairly moral person, but I know if I were put in those kinds of situations, no matter how well-intentioned and devoted of a husband I was, I'm sure I'd have weak moments eventually.

Not that this is an excuse or a reason why it is OK to do. It may be a very human thing, but it is always wrong no matter how you look at it. But anyone getting themselves into relationships with those kinds of guys, be it NBA, NFL, MLB, PGA, whatever, they know that these kinds of issues will eventually come into play and they will have to deal with it. If it doesn't happen, then more power to them and I tip my cap to the strength of their relationships and character. But I think the former is more common than the latter.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I probably didn't express myself very well there. I don't think she deserved or expected it and, yes, one should live up to ones vows. Been there too.

I just don't think any of us can even begin to conceive what that kind of life is like. Its like a movie star, sports star, or rock star. Absolutely stunning women, like runway models or Playboy Bunnies, make themselves completely available. I'd like to think of myself as a fairly moral person, but I know if I were put in those kinds of situations, no matter how well-intentioned and devoted of a husband I was, I'm sure I'd have weak moments eventually.

Not that this is an excuse or a reason why it is OK to do. It may be a very human thing, but it is always wrong no matter how you look at it. But anyone getting themselves into relationships with those kinds of guys, be it NBA, NFL, MLB, PGA, whatever, they know that these kinds of issues will eventually come into play and they will have to deal with it. If it doesn't happen, then more power to them and I tip my cap to the strength of their relationships and character. But I think the former is more common than the latter.
    This is the point I was gong to raise with Sea Ray- I mean, I appreciate he's been married twice and never had an incident like this, but you know, he probably doesn't have the opportunity like Tiger does.

I agree completely with what Roy is saying. I'll add to that I'm also surprised at the sweeping conclusions people are making regarding Tiger's character. I'm reading news stories where reporters are getting comments from golf fans and I can't believe what they're saying about him. You'd think he was the worst person in the world. Like Roy said, it in no way makes is less wrong, but these very people making these comments would almost certainly not be able to avoid making the same mistakes in the face of what he's constantly tempted with.

Our culture is increasingly getting into the habit of defining the whole of a person's character by their one or two weaknesses. That's just not fair and no one would dare to judge themselves by the same standards. And people are naive if they think their any of their favorite stars are the moral rocks they want to believe they are.
    Last edited by MWM; 12-03-2009 at 08:45 AM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I agree completely with what Roy is saying. I'll add to that I'm also surprised at the sweeping conclusions people are making regarding Tiger's character. I'm reading news stories where reporters are getting comments from golf fans and I can't believe what they're saying about him. You'd think he was the worst person in the world. Like Roy said, it in no way makes is less wrong, but these very people making these comments would almost certainly not be able to avoid making the same mistakes in the face of what he's constantly tempted with.

Our culture is increasingly getting into the habit of defining the whole of a person's character by their one or two weaknesses. That's just not fair and no one would dare to judge themselves by the same standards. And people are naive if they think their any of their favorite stars are the moral rocks they want to believe they are.
    You are surprised by self-righteousness and hypocrisy? Welcome to Ah-merica, home of the free to do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post

The secret to achieving absolute moral clarity is to focus only on examining others.

If he (Tiger) cheated on his family, his actions were clearly wrong IMHO. If I were a friend or business partner, I'd have to reevaluate his character.

As just a regular schmuck, spending time contemplating the sordid details of this gossip is basically just time that I can't get back.

If this glimpse into Tiger's personal business factors into someone's choice of golf balls, well, I applaud them for living their values but in the end, it's an awful lot of motion (the media attention) for such a minuscule effect on the practical living of our own lives.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I don't know about you Roy, but the ladies coming into the library day in and day out are awfully hot. And they throw themselves at me pretty much constantly. I don't bite because, well, I doubt I'm clever enough to pull it off for more than about six minutes. And that's my point, really. Can any guy actually pull off having affairs without the little lady getting a whiff? If anything surprises me it's that Tiger is no different from other dumb, rich celebrities who have unlimited access to pretty women in that he too thought he could keep it all under control. He just seemed like a smarter guy than that.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?