Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Reds HOF vote went to....

Re: My Reds HOF vote went to....

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    My vote went with Sanders... but IMHO this year's crop has no clear cut winner. But Junior will probably win... wonder what he'll say in his speech?
    Compared to last year this years crop looks like the year Ruth, Cobb, Matthewson and Speaker got inducted to Cooperstown.

Dan Driessen and Sean Casey, I still shake my head on that one.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Compared to last year this years crop looks like the year Ruth, Cobb, Matthewson and Speaker got inducted to Cooperstown.

Ah, there was no way Casey wasn't making it it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Ah, there was no way Casey wasn't making it it.
    Oh I know he was a fan favorite but in the perfect world the Reds HOF would be for the very best Reds and not just for fan favorites.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Oh I know he was a fan favorite but in the perfect world the Reds HOF would be for the very best Reds and not just for fan favorites.
    Casey was at least as good as Reggie Sanders as a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Casey was at least as good as Reggie Sanders as a Red.
    True but I didnt didnt vote for Sanders.

How do Reggie Sanders' and Griffey's career WAR with the Reds compare?

When I say "clear cut winner" I mean a nominee that you're sure will make it in either on stats or being a fan favorite... Sean Casey was a no-brainer... but this year's
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Yeah it's like the Rush being passed over in Cleveland's HOF for so many years...yet Casey's get in without breaking a sweat. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tim Tebow in the NFL HOF some day. Kind of hard to take any of them seriously these days, purely a promotional/revenue generation tool.

11. Likes:

George Anderson (08-16-2013)

The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame & Museum will honor the storied careers of Ken Griffey Jr., Dave Parker, Ron Oester and the late Jake Beckley during 2014 Hall of Fame Induction Weekend, August 8-10, in Cincinnati.

Hall of Fame Induction Weekend is a great opportunity for fans to visit the Museum and take part in the variety of activities involving Reds Hall of Famers and Reds alumni.

The Induction ceremony for the class of 2014 will take place on Saturday, Aug. 9 prior to the Reds vs. Miami Marlins game at 4:10 p.m.

The weekend will conclude with the highly anticipated Reds Hall of Fame Induction Gala presented by Clark Schaefer Hackett at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center on Sunday evening, Aug. 10.

Joining the 2014 Hall of Fame Induction Class at the Gala will be Reds Hall of Famers, Reds alumni and players and coaches from the 2014 Reds. In 2012, over 1,400 fans attended the event.

Tickets and sponsorship packages for the Induction Gala are on sale now by calling (513) 765-7921 or visiting RedsMuseum.org.

Additional details and a full schedule of events for Induction Weekend will be announced at a later date. Please visit RedsMuseum.org for updates.

Read more: http://www.700wlw.com/pages/reds.html#ixzz2sNJgkqOn
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?