Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG New commercial driving me crazy! 2009

Re: OMG New commercial driving me crazy! 2009

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Well, think of it this way: The less they spend on commercials, the more they can spend on baseball.
    Too bad that hasn't been the case though. lol

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

They should have Chris Welsh cry during it.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I was surprised it got moved too, seemed reds related to me. Way more reds related than all the stupid Adam Dunn threads, who i don't know if they know this or not yet, doesn't play for the Reds anymore, lol.
    I think most would agree as well.

I searched through the reds site and still havent found a link. Apparently its so bad they want to make sure it sticks to TV and wlw only. I havent heard yet today and Today was a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    Not to mention what kind of ad campaign is "we'll paint the town red'

I wonder if somebody should tell them that could be seen as a MASS MURDER! bloodbath
    You apparently have watched too many Freddy Krueger movies. "Paint the town red" is an idiom. www.usingenglish.com states: If you go out for a night out with lots of fun and drinking, you paint the town red.

I guess they'll still cut off alcohol sales late in the game (per MLB rules, of course), which might abate some of the "painting the town red".

It has nothing to do with bloodbaths.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    You apparently have watched too many Freddy Krueger movies. "Paint the town red" is an idiom. www.usingenglish.com states: If you go out for a night out with lots of fun and drinking, you paint the town red.

I guess they'll still cut off alcohol sales late in the game (per MLB rules, of course), which might abate some of the "painting the town red".

Gotta say, I've never heard "paint the town red" meaning murder either.

The music...

http://thehotcakes.tumblr.com/

More than you ever wanted to know about the derivation of the phrase "paint the town red".

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/p...-town-red.html

Thank you.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

That is simply awful.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post

As the guy linked above. Paint the town red is also known as a murder or many slain.

And the I-tunes has a clip of the song but it doesnt really do the suckage justice. But you do at least get the point. But picture low quality reds highlights going on in the back ground of that music and you get the comercial.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    As the guy linked above. Paint the town red is also known as a murder or many slain.

And the I-tunes has a clip of the song but it doesnt really do the suckage justice. But you do at least get the point. But picture low quality reds highlights going on in the back ground of that music and you get the comercial.

where can i see this travesty of a commercial? i don't live in Cincy. I need to see it now thanks to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    where can i see this travesty of a commercial? i don't live in Cincy. I need to see it now thanks to you guys.
    Seconded. My curiosity is piqued.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Seconded. My curiosity is piqued.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/ticke...x.jsp?c_id=cin

There's actually a news story up on reds.com about it:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

yup, thats pretty bad. her voice is awful. the highlights aren't that bad, but that song in ungodly. luckily, i don't have to see it.

Turn Off Ads?