Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pit Tickets

Pit Tickets

Hi, I am going to be going to my first game of the season this weekend. I am attending Saturday and/or Sunday. I was looking at the reds website for tickets and was wondering if anyone had any promo codes I could use for a discount or had any tickets they had to sell? Thanks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pit Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by djc27osu View Post
    Hi, I am going to be going to my first game of the season this weekend. I am attending Saturday and/or Sunday. I was looking at the reds website for tickets and was wondering if anyone had any promo codes I could use for a discount or had any tickets they had to sell? Thanks
    According to Reds, Saturday game is only SRO, as for promo codes for other two games, I doubt given their importance you will find any, but you never know.

Stubhub is your best bet. Tough tickets this weekend although Sunday is less expensive. Also there is the family day special on Sunday. See link

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/t...family_fun.jsp
    Last edited by cooperlamar; 08-02-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added a link

I'm going down Sunday via the Family Day deal. Not great seats, but my boys and I will be in the park.
    Sto Pro Veritate

My wife and I are heading down this Sunday with 2 of the kids, my youngest won’t be 2 until December so he won't be going. Anyway we will be out in the sun in Right Field about 6 rows back. Hope it isn't too hot and the Reds bats stay hot...we will be getting there early since my son must get his Brandon Back Pack. Has anyone done the run the bases thing? How long is the wait for that? We prob won't get to do it since we plan to hit the aquarium if at all possible after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cooperlamar View Post
    Stubhub is your best bet. Tough tickets this weekend although Sunday is less expensive. Also there is the family day special on Sunday. See link

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/t...family_fun.jsp

I would recommend that you NOT use stubhub. They jack up the prices way too much. And even though you will probably overpay a sclaper for tickets, it won't be nearly as much as stubhub tries to rip you off.

Craigs List is usually a cheaper alternative than Stubhub. Honestly, I wouldn't ever buy tickets thru Stubhub. You can always find them cheaper other places, at least I always have been able to.
    Last edited by Red Buckeye; 08-03-2012 at 01:27 PM.

I hope we get there early enough for the backback. Phillips is my oldest boy's favorite player. I just hate to have to kill too much time at the stadium.

We did the bases our last time down. The line is pretty long (I'm not sure when people start lining up), but once they get it moving it goes quick. It is a little while after the game before it gets started while they get everything set.

Oh, and you get a contract when you're done.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    I would recommend that you NOT use stubhub. They jack up the prices way too much. And even though you will probably overpay a sclaper for tickets, it won't be nearly as much as stubhub tries to rip you off.

Craigs List is usually a cheaper alternative than Stubhub. Honestly, I wouldn't ever buy tickets thru Stubhub. You can always find them cheaper other places, at least I always have been able to.
    I have to disagree. It's supply/demand and the seller sets the prices, not stubhub. Yes, Stubhub has fees but it's also 100% guaranteed. I bought tickets for nearly every game I've been to this season for below face value. This weekend's games are rather expensive, but during the week you can typically get tickets very inexpensively.

I personally trust stubhub much more than I would a scalper.

Quote Originally Posted by cooperlamar View Post
    I have to disagree. It's supply/demand and the seller sets the prices, not stubhub. Yes, Stubhub has fees but it's also 100% guaranteed. I bought tickets for nearly every game I've been to this season for below face value. This weekend's games are rather expensive, but during the week you can typically get tickets very inexpensively.

I personally trust stubhub much more than I would a scalper.
    What is it about scalpers that you don't trust? I mean they tell you what they want for the tickets, they show you the tickets, you see how much the face value printed on the ticket is, and you either bargain with them, pay what they ask, or decline the tickets.
    As far as I know, and I might be off with this, Stubhub makes a profit for themselves as well as the person selling it on Stubhub. So instead of dealing with one middleman you are dealing with two.

Now I have looked on Stubhub fairly often and I have rarely seen tickets below face value. Plus when you include service fees, etc, I am sure it can't be as cheap as scalping. It's certainly not any more expensive to scalp.

Anyone how much an SRO ticket costs?
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mudshark View Post
    Anyone how much an SRO ticket costs?
    I believe it's $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post

Disagree 1000% have used Stubhub for practically any event I go to that I dont have tickets in advance and have NEVER paid over face value for whatever seats I want.... even when you add in the fees.

Case in point last month in San Francisco, sat 7 rows behind the Reds Dugout paid 27.00 per ticket, face value was over 70.00

Also, last year sat right behind the Reds dugout in Baltimore, paid 10.00 for a 50.00 seat.

Bargains are there you just have to look for them as early as possible, or very very very last minute

"Reach" deal was pretty good - I think its the second time they've done this - but here is the link if anyone still needs tickets

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/t...ly_section.jsp

Just follow the instructions and you'll get a ticket that includes 10$ worth of concessions...which gets you about a beer and half a hot dog, or vice versa, but no complaints here.

Go Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite Graham View Post
    Disagree 1000% have used Stubhub for practically any event I go to that I dont have tickets in advance and have NEVER paid over face value for whatever seats I want.... even when you add in the fees.

Case in point last month in San Francisco, sat 7 rows behind the Reds Dugout paid 27.00 per ticket, face value was over 70.00

Also, last year sat right behind the Reds dugout in Baltimore, paid 10.00 for a 50.00 seat.

Bargains are there you just have to look for them as early as possible, or very very very last minute

Wow I guess I just don't look hard enough! I seriously have looked a lot of times on StubHub and I've never found under face value. I guess like you said I should look much further in advance. Thanks for the info!

The best thing to do with stubhub tickets, as someone said earlier, is to look really early, or within 24-hours of the game.

The only problem I have with dealing with scalpers (and I have dealt with them a lot and most of the time it's simple and easy with no problems) is that sometimes you have to deal with guys being jerks in addition to trying to rip you off. Plus, I know a lot of fake tickets were sold earlier this year.

Turn Off Ads?