Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orioles considering Chris Ray for Adam LaRoche?

Orioles considering Chris Ray for Adam LaRoche?

The Orioles may use Chris Ray to acquire Adam LaRoche from the Braves, says FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.
    Rosenthal believes the Orioles would have to include another player, perhaps Hayden Penn, but we think Ray alone should get a deal done. The Braves were pretty close to trading LaRoche for Mike Gonzalez, and Ray is a significantly more valuable property in that he's five years, rather than three years, away from free agency and is the better bet to stay healthy.
    Source: FOXSports.com
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Orioles considering Chris Ray for Adam LaRoche?

If Laroche is valuable enough to have discussions surrounding Ray AND Penn, then Wayne needs to be on the phone offering Votto around.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    If Laroche is valuable enough to have discussions surrounding Ray AND Penn, then Wayne needs to be on the phone offering Votto around.
    Good point...especially since the Orioles aren't a LaRoche away from competing this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    LaRoche had a .900+ OPS in the major leagues last year and hit over 30 home runs. Votto hasn't seen AAA pitching yet. I doubt he'd bring a major league closer back in a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    LaRoche had a .900+ OPS in the major leagues last year and hit over 30 home runs. Votto hasn't seen AAA pitching yet. I doubt he'd bring a major league closer back in a deal.
    Not alone, but with a few other pieces, perhaps.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

As bad as it pains me to say it I believe Mr. K doesnt have a clue what to do.If it makes a lot of sense you can look to Wayne-O to not pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Facts are a funny thing.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Facts are a funny thing.
    Very true. Untill I saw those stats, I was in the boat that said why so much for LaRoche.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    As bad as it pains me to say it I believe Mr. K doesnt have a clue what to do.If it makes a lot of sense you can look to Wayne-O to not pull the trigger.
    What evidence do you have to support this? Just because Wayne overreached last year with "The Trade?" It's time to give WaynO a little time and just relax and see how the pieces fall. Castellini won't give up on him any time soon, so it doesn't make sense for Reds fans to do so after less than a year on the job.

We had Kearns once. And Ray is worth more than Maj and Bray combined.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    Very true. Untill I saw those stats, I was in the boat that said why so much for LaRoche.
    LaRoche might be in the midst of his peak so he could bring back some good returns, but 71 EBH last year might be asking too much every year. The Braves will either see that and sell high or they will milk his career until he gets costly. One thing's for sure he'll move on.

He's not a machine and he's not a stiff, he'll probably be the missing part for several franchises as he ages, ala Reggie Sanders or Kenny Lofton.
    Part of his future problem playing wise and how he's payed is going to be determined how he's viewed at medically by the Braves (and the rest of the league) now that he's been outed for having ADD.

He's going to have a good Strat card next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    Left handed first baseman always hit the ball well in Camden Yards. Laroche is primed to bust out this year and hitting half of his games at Camden would give him a nice boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    We had Kearns once. And Ray is worth more than Maj and Bray combined.
    Really?

Kearns?

The same guy you kicked around?

Currently Kearns is trending in a flatline and LaRoche upwards. The market likes fresh shine.

BTW every time Kearns trade value is mentioned I'm reminded of this thread and some poster who dropped by and never showed up again, it's pretty interesting in retrospect.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=71

If Kearns is traded this winter, I think everyone on this board is going to have a major hissy fit, because you folks are setting your expectations way too high.

You might be able to do five to ten percent better than Day, but you aren't going to get nearly what you think Kearns is worth.

Well, I wish you guys the best when you aren't playing the Expos, but I think you need a reality check.

Gary Redus Ruled

if im the Reds im offering Dunn up for Ray and Markakis
    Hoping for another Reds October

Gary Redus Ruled

then again if im the O's im hanging up .......although Dunn would pound them off the warehouse
    Hoping for another Reds October

Turn Off Ads?