7 12.28%
  • Fullerton

8 14.04%
  • UC Irvine

1 1.75%
  • Oregon State

10 17.54%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Will win the College World Series?

Re: Who Will win the College World Series?

10-4 now. That team can mash.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, looks like Rice can hit just a weeee bit too. Everyone in their lineup has a hit, except for Savery. He's been a giant black hole of offense so far.

10-7 heading to the 6th now.

D'oh! Savery homered in the 6th. 10-8 now.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Louisville impresses the hell out of me, no matter what happens today.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    Louisville impresses the hell out of me, no matter what happens today.
    Amen to that. They were a nobody just a couple of years ago. Bravo for getting them up to speed.

The Big East needs a baseball powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Amen to that. They were a nobody just a couple of years ago. Bravo for getting them up to speed.

The Big East needs a baseball powerhouse.
    Three of their starters hail from Miami, Florida. If you're going to build up your program, that's not a bad place to start recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Three of their starters hail from Miami, Florida. If you're going to build up your program, that's not a bad place to start recruiting.
    Straight out of the Bobby Petrino Louisville Football playbook.

ASU jumps out to the early 3-0 lead, and UC Irvine claws back to make it 4-4.

Last night UNC kept it rolling over Miss State. They'll play Rice on Sunday, while Louisville & the Bulldogs will play an elimination game.

Good baseball all around so far.
    Last edited by jmcclain19; 06-16-2007 at 03:55 PM.

Louisville up 5-0 in the fourth. I must admit, I didn't follow the team much before they won the regional but what they've done offensively in this postseason is pretty impressive. Hopefully, they can complete the job and we won't have a repeat of the Rice game. The odds are stacked against them but I'm convinced they can beat anybody in this tournament. Next year, I won't repeat my mistake and I'll try to make it out to a few games. They have a beautiful 3-yr old stadium, free admission, and a top team that plays an exciting brand of baseball. It might be a nice reprieve to follow a baseball team that might actually win something.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Louisville up 5-0 in the fourth. I must admit, I didn't follow the team much before they won the regional but what they've done offensively in this postseason is pretty impressive. Hopefully, they can complete the job and we won't have a repeat of the Rice game. The odds are stacked against them but I'm convinced they can beat anybody in this tournament. Next year, I won't repeat my mistake and I'll try to make it out to a few games. They have a beautiful 3-yr old stadium, free admission, and a top team that plays an exciting brand of baseball. It might be a nice reprieve to follow a baseball team that might actually win something.
    Free admission? They may be charging next year.

The Oregon State Beavers had 20,000 requests for tickets to their stadium that seats only 3200.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Free admission? They may be charging next year.

The Oregon State Beavers had 20,000 requests for tickets to their stadium that seats only 3200.
    It wouldn't surprise me but this year they had free admission to go along with $1 hot dogs and $1 beer.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me but this year they had free admission to go along with $1 hot dogs and $1 beer.
    I'll stop at Little League softball games if I see one being played just to get a hot dog or a snowcone and watch kids play the game.

$1 Beer and $1 dog at a University and the place isn't packed with College students?....or the towns' folks?

By the way, I fell in love with Louisville when I got off the plane there one day. There's nothing like the accent of a Southern girl to warm the blood.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Rice absolutely embarrassed UNC yesterday. They look impressive.

Fullerton is up right now 3-1 in the 6th over Irvine. Hopefully it's not the end for the Anteaters.

ASU/Oregon State later this evening. Go Beavers. Have I mentioned how much I loathe that all four west coast teams got lumped together?

Looking forward to the Louisville - UNC game tomorrow. I've got that one setup to DVR.

I agree on the West Coast teams. I like Fullerton, but man do they have a hard road to travel to get there, and they have to beat a lot of other teams I like to get there.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Have I mentioned how much I loathe that all four west coast teams got lumped together?
    If that bracket had played out the way it was seeded it would have been Vandy, San Diego, Az. St, and Texas.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?