Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Okay...So I'm a bundle of nerves.

Re: Okay...So I'm a bundle of nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    after reading all this and nothing personal to anyone who drinks but does everyone have to drink to have a good time? It seems this persons whole holiday time will be spent not remembering any of it so whats the point?
    Yeah that's what it is.

I can only have a good time when I drink.

Miss the point much?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    wheels, many of us have been through similar experiences. Trust me...it'll work out in the end. Just have some fun with your buds right now and try not to think about her or what's next...just let it happen.
    That's what I've been doing.

I've never bowled so much in my life.

I can be a little hard on myself, but the truth of the matter is, I get frustrated because I genuinely like who I am.

Sometimes I get frustrated to the point of just throwing my hands in the air, much like I did last night.

I just keep hearing from people that I'm this great guy, but where are the results?

Then again, I think...Wow, I've been with some kick arsed women over the years, and that's pretty cool in itself.

Would I have wanted to be married to any of them right now?

The answer is a resounding NO.

I just get a little yippy sometimes, I guess.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post

I just keep hearing from people that I'm this great guy, but where are the results?
    It's not about results, I don't think. Relationships are nothing but timing. No, I don't mean timing in the sense of "did I catch the train in time to meet the woman of my dreams," I mean timing as in "are we going to similar places at similar times in our lives?" Nearly 100% of the time, even with the best chemistry on earth, the answer to that question is No.

So, truthfully, it's not you. You've got the goods. It's timing. Ask yourself what you want out of life and move in the circles that facilitate that.

And have confidence.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    It's not about results, I don't think. Relationships are nothing but timing. No, I don't mean timing in the sense of "did I catch the train in time to meet the woman of my dreams," I mean timing as in "are we going to similar places at similar times in our lives?" Nearly 100% of the time, even with the best chemistry on earth, the answer to that question is No.

So, truthfully, it's not you. You've got the goods. It's timing. Ask yourself what you want out of life and move in the circles that facilitate that.

And have confidence.

Makes sense.

I think I'm just going through so many changes right now, that my head's spinning.

I've been working out like a wildman and I've lost something like 30% of my body fat, I'm going to be selling the shop soon and moving on to another career, I've had this breakup thing.

I can't fight the cosmos, but sometimes I feel like giving it a try.

Times like these make all of those records I listen to actually mean something.
    Last edited by wheels; 11-23-2006 at 11:30 AM.

I can't fight the cosmos, but sometimes I feel like giving it a try.
    No question. Change yourself, your mind, your career, your ambitions as often and as doggedly as you can. Have a great project. The good things in life, including relationships, follow suit.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

This is a helpful post.
    It could be, but it's usually all about the journey that it takes to get there that makes it worth something. Drinking that compliments and doesn't dominate can be a great thing. Moderation.

Wheels, I hope you realize that what you have to offer is unique and special. Don't ever think otherwise. You'll find someone special to share your life with, although it sometimes ends up being someone that you may never have imagined. Don't stop looking, but that person may end up finding you, not you finding them.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    It could be, but it's usually all about the journey that it takes to get there that makes it worth something. Drinking that compliments and doesn't dominate can be a great thing. Moderation.
    :
    I think it's fair to say that what Butler had to offer wasn't exactly in the spirit of recommendation or advice, but chastisement.

You can tell because he prefaced it with: "I mean no offense..."

Yeah, sure.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 11-23-2006 at 11:55 AM.

You have to crash and burn a few times to know what you really want.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who didn't have to go through that, but in my experience, they're in the minority.

You find out what you can and can't live with in a person. The more distance you put between you and the bad relationships you go through, the easier it is to view them objectively and try to learn from the experience.

The only people who don't make mistakes are people who never do anything. Life is made to be lived. It's messy and painful sometimes, but as you grow older, the experiences you go through help to define you and make you stronger.

When you do meet the person you were meant to be with, you'll appreciate it more. And it can't be rushed.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I can be a little hard on myself, but the truth of the matter is, I get frustrated because I genuinely like who I am.
    Then you will be fine.

I think FCB is dead-on in what he says about timing (and this all goes for you too Mr Cinatit (and Mr Cinatit, I never really read your name until now.) ) There's nothing "about" you that will appeal to the female population at large. There are many little things about you that will compliment many little things about someone else at some point if you meet her at the right time. I think it's a long lesson to learn, but good relationships are not based on having the same interests as somebody else, and they certainly aren't based on looks. You may meet some girl who's never seen a record in her life and whose primary interest is collecting My Little Ponies, and that girl may really love who you are and what you believe in, and respect what you want out of life and want to help you get there.

And that is timing. You don't typically look for these people and find them (though I do believe people are more ready for relationships at certain times than others, and that they have more control over when that happens than they believe). Just have a good life. Spend time with the people you love, do the things you like to do, learn the things you want to learn, and you will be happy. Happy people attract other happy people. So you will be the best version of yourself if you do meet somebody, and if you don't, you will be happy anyway. Happy happy joy joy.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Oh, and to address the other thread going on here, I have only a record player and no working CD player. Because I am that cool. And by "cool" I mean "really freaking broke".
    Records rule

The authenticity of them can't be beat.

[QUOTE=Falls City Beer;1198252]I think it's fair to say that what Butler had to offer wasn't exactly in the spirit of recommendation or advice, but chastisement.

Yeah, sure.

falls city,thank you for reading my mind for me today. I wasn't chastising this person. He had a relationship that went sour,had a nice sort of kiss and make up conversation with her. She then asked for a get together of some sort with him. He declined to due a "embibe a thon" as he called it. He then is questioning basically if he should feel bad over this..did i miss something??

[QUOTE=BUTLER REDSFAN;1198267]
    I think it's fair to say that what Butler had to offer wasn't exactly in the spirit of recommendation or advice, but chastisement.

Yeah, sure.

falls city,thank you for reading my mind for me today. I wasn't chastising this person. He had a relationship that went sour,had a nice sort of kiss and make up conversation with her. She then asked for a get together of some sort with him. He declined to due a "embibe a thon" as he called it. He then is questioning basically if he should feel bad over this..did i miss something??

The way I see it, you had a problem with the embibe a thon, so you felt the need to gimme that tired old line we all heard in high school a million times.

I'm glad you're of a higher moral fiber, but there's a time and place for everything.

Nm
    Last edited by Reds Nd2; 11-23-2006 at 07:50 PM.

neato?

Dude.

Man card now.

Just turn it in....

of course, I came into the conversation late, and that was my first impression from your first post and all, but.

sac up dude. you'll be alright. Sometimes it just takes time.

(beers are speaking for me, so, you know...)

Turn Off Ads?